reave
flickerstrike
mjolner discharge (kinda melee)
coc discharge
life RF
ES RF
etc

I played some summoner, culler, etc

I keep finding out that as my gears get better and playstyle becomes more comfortable that melee outshines
range builds.

The clearspeed in popular maps such as plateau gorge and even shitty maps are uncomparable to likes of TS
spectral throw, or any other bow or caster builds.

I get that melee sucks big time with budget builds but it scales so much better with gear and level.

I remember doing gorge runs (i did alot of gorge runs with my reaver from 97 to 100)
and no mirrored glyphmark bow builds or casters could keep up as they do not have whirling blades or fast enought aps for whirling blades.

Also, survivability wasnt an issue with right gears and dps was in millions so nothing could survive the build.

I can admit that range builds are much safer in most boss encounters such as uber atziri and so on but thats different issue as there are designated builds that outshine any clearspeed oriented chars.

Melee does not suck and maybe is intended to be as it is now cuz its just better than other builds with expensive gear.

mirror gear melee > mirrored gear range

Just my opinion

GG
Last bumped on Oct 20, 2016, 8:15:25 PM
cool story bro :D

but srsly i agree

my claw(of all things) reave poison assassin clears faster than my 3x volleyfire lightning poison barrage deadeye with a 6L reach XD
Well, of course you have a "positive" view on melee, when most of the builds you're mentioning, rely on spell damage.

But hey, I'm not one of those that screams "super buff". I do feel regular "name lock" melee builds are a little bit... Under powered. Especially non-crit versions. But I don't feel they are as bad as "the community" makes them out to be.

I'm playing melee, non-crit, name lock - and I'm enjoying my T14 and T15 maps. And I can't say I'm rocking mirror worthy gear.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I always play only bow builds with actual arrows coming out of them, and I strongly identify with this thread. A buddy of mine who had first char ever in POE had 100k+ DPS on his melee build that costs less than 3 exalts, while I was struggling to get 30k DPS on my lightning arrow build of about 10 exalts.

I will mention I am super casual player, got just over 1k hours in the game and never had a GGG min-maxed gear and such, but I don't think I've seen in any build a bow character that would deal insta damage (as opposed to delayed or DOT) higher than 150k per second.

Not to mention most bow builds are based around evasion, so it's a coin-toss every time 3 enemies hit you at once :)

So I just figured this was the intended mechanics by GGG that if you wanna kill things from afar and with insta damage, you'll just have low DPS and unlikely to do more than tier 14 maps. And probably not even able to kill bosses of said maps
Reality is an illusion, Exile.
Also, somewhat to the point :) /watch?v=5iyj6btfyfA
Reality is an illusion, Exile.
Can you post some videos of melee builds clearing t13 ww, t14 springs, t15 shaped collonade, t16 maps faster than ranged?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Oct 19, 2016, 6:41:21 PM
Lmao funniest thing ive read.

Melee > Ranged, what a joke. Theres ranged build that cost a not even fraction of the cost of mirrored melee gear that clear faster than melee. The fact that you honestly believe that is actually pretty funny.

Thats like saying a Mirrored Stave scales higher than a Mirrored Bow and its common fucking sense that it doesnt.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Whether I agree with this post or not depends on whether you define BV as ranged or melee.
You are right, it seems hilarious and also I didnt elaborate correctly,
melee builds using daggerish weapons clear much faster is what I really mean.

Maces and Staves are completely different story, i agree.

Also, I mentioned that melee is better with really nice gears so Im factoring in that fraction of the price argument is non existent

My reave build was around 1200 exish to build and now my flicker is about 1500ex

I have never seen any range match those two builds in sheer clearspeed.

Only thing that came close was old coc discharge and large aoe blade vortex.

Maybe old vaal spark may be faster solo mapping but I wouldnt really call vaal spark ranged.

Its really believable to say
"Im reave with loath bane and I clear old gorge before atlas in 90 seconds while missing about 20 mobs"
cuz I was able to do it.

just put whirling blades with faster attacks with around 2aps dagger and its totally doable.

Sorry for not elaborating on my point enough

Thanks for your thought tho.

GG
"
DDseedFoot wrote:
You are right, it seems hilarious and also I didnt elaborate correctly,
melee builds using daggerish weapons clear much faster is what I really mean.

Maces and Staves are completely different story, i agree.

Also, I mentioned that melee is better with really nice gears so Im factoring in that fraction of the price argument is non existent

My reave build was around 1200 exish to build and now my flicker is about 1500ex

I have never seen any range match those two builds in sheer clearspeed.

Only thing that came close was old coc discharge and large aoe blade vortex.

Maybe old vaal spark may be faster solo mapping but I wouldnt really call vaal spark ranged.

Its really believable to say
"Im reave with loath bane and I clear old gorge before atlas in 90 seconds while missing about 20 mobs"
cuz I was able to do it.

just put whirling blades with faster attacks with around 2aps dagger and its totally doable.

Sorry for not elaborating on my point enough

Thanks for your thought tho.

GG

Can you post some videos of melee builds clearing t13 ww, t14 springs, t15 shaped collonade, t16 maps faster than ranged?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info