Patch 2.4.1

lol, more nerfs and incinerate will still be shit. and guess what, sextants will still SUCK, or rather more then ever removing pack size from sextants and still overpowering mobs for fuck all gain lol.. ok.

sextants were, and still are useless 100%.
IGN: Juxax
Last edited by GankstarVX84 on Oct 17, 2016, 6:58:25 PM
"
realjam wrote:
Any info about patch file size ?

412.40MB
Good use of resources - we all waited for urgent taunt fixes. Who needs new skills or a race season if taunts break the game. Clearly the top tier builds depend on taunts and no build is breaking the game with the one flask to rule them all.

Path of Vinktar.

Diversity = none. Your choices : Blade Vortex, Barrage or maybe Ball of Lightning + Vinktar's. Just use Vinktars and the fastest hitting skill in game no matter how boring it is.

Seemingly no one is playing Path of Exile for its build diversity anymore.

Who would have expected that 60% more damage up in half the time would make a skill that already was (the) strong(est) the dominant skill of the league.

Who would have expected a flask with unparalleled life leech able to outleech Shaper's damage becoming the one and only flask in game. But you "reballanced" the flask that was overpowered so it "only" is as overpowerred still for ES builds.

If you can not forsee such obvious effects ( I mean every experienced player knew what kind of buff the Blade Vortex change was on first sight of the changelog ) where will this game go. And prioritizing mid league Taunt nerfs over putting all resources on introducing the new skills before the league is dead. I intended to try Chieftain new skill totems ( as some others did I assume ) but this change rounds this league up for me. No need to wait for the new skills anymore since Chieftain will just get rekt because the Totems that taunt dont taunt anymore ( as if taunts were the problem, not the additional damage reduction and other buffs you added to taunts as if big streamers had not told you long ago about decoy totem being a bit out of place ).

How about for the next league you just offer premade meta builds so we dont waste time on 90% of the trash skills with the risk of anything that is not meta being nerfed because you dont dare to touch the meta builds to not scare off players but nerf the shit out of non meta builds because they are not being played as much.

I mean - Ice Crash, Earthquake, Bladefall, Blade Vortex - obviously you want to tell players what to play - just add premade builds and the game will be where you seemingly want it to be right now.

BTW was turning Sextants into something remotly interesting only 7 weeks into the league the plan in the first place ?

Sorry for my raging. Best game in its genre - just as a veteran it boils down to if one likes to mindlessly grind with and for a meta build every league or not - and its obviously not what I loved about the game. That was build diversity which doesnt seem to be there anymore. 12K EHP and top tier damage + leech mandatory. I remember times when in every group there were completely different builds. Nowadways there is only BV and TS clearing screens before any other build can even use a skill. Have fun joining a group with a non meta build. Actually neglecting group play is a bad decision IMHO. If boss fights were designed to allow exciting group play boss fights might actually be better overall. Right now its just gear checks and ability spam - group and solo. Any build that actually has to fight the bosses the way you planned them has failed. I cant imagine PoE being interesting to me anymore if its other strength, build diversity goes down the drain even further.
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
End-Game build diversity is Blade Vortex.

Just sad.
"
dolan_grey wrote:
"
TheGrommen wrote:
"
dolan_grey wrote:
snip

there is a shitstorm going on on reddit about that, it doesn't affect me but i think it's a really poor decision on their part and i hope they will see the light and revert it asap.
usually GGG is pretty quick to reply on reddit but they seem to have missed all the treads about this issue...

No one benefits from snap decisions based on what the Reddit mob says. Reddit is an echo chamber, devoid of any critical thought. You stray from their doctrine and you are chased off.

it may be as you say but i fail to see any hint of critical thought in your post as well.
you are only bashing on reddit without talking about the issue: balance changes in the middle of a league.
in my opinion they are right to be pissed as i would be if i was playing a build affected by this change.

I am well aware of the shitstorm on reddit. However, I think that it is possible that a backlash reaction to reddit's take can be just as devoid of reason or critical thought. In this case, my little cadre is getting screwed by having one of the characters nerfed out of nowhere, so this is a reaction to the event itself, not a piling on from reddit.

My buddies and I do what is pejoratively called 'hipster' theorycrafting that usually dodges major nerfs (mid-season or otherwise), because we are sifting for treasure among the trash. However, in this case, one of our builds is getting caught up in it. It takes us a while to work up into the toughest content because we are trying out new ideas and some of them don't pan out or need big changes. We are just running our first T15 maps this week, so the timing could not be worse.
Doomed for Life
I'd like 50 builds that can all do end game content please.
Last edited by jscobeetoo on Oct 17, 2016, 7:21:41 PM
"
Qarl wrote:
Patch 2.4.1:
General Improvements:
  • Fixed an issue with the behaviour of various Spider monsters where they would be more inclined to run away from their enemies, instead of attacking them.

FINALLY. I don't think anyone else is happier about this change than I am. Those spiders drove me mad every time I had to hunt one from half map away after opening a strongbox. It was extremely retarded.

Also Cata spiders automatically going off your range while following you. So much rage.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"
dolan_grey wrote:

it may be as you say but i fail to see any hint of critical thought in your post as well.
you are only bashing on reddit without talking about the issue: balance changes in the middle of a league.
in my opinion they are right to be pissed as i would be if i was playing a build affected by this change.

Pardon me for not giving critical feedback in the patch notes. We all know feedback is best posted in patch notes, not the feedback section...

Making all kinds of gains.
Offering dropped, said it was unidentified. Seems like a bug.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Can't get into the game after the download...something about missing /hash maps. Anyone else unable to log in after patch?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info