How do Russians feel about the US?

"
Bars wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:
How did this xenophobic post appear on a game forum full of wise and educated gamers???

Russians aren't as touchy as westerners. The post might be xenophobic, so what - no one cares. Most Russians will just get xenophobic right back at you, with interest :)

Political correctness is a laughable concept to a person from the Eastern Bloc. We had half a century of state-imposed censorship and propaganda. Tens of millions of people in USSR were killed for not being politically correct during Stalin's reign. Guess what, people still found ways to express their criticism of the system.

on Stalin and the Great Purge
I'm not exaggerating. No one knows exactly how many people were killed by Stalin but the estimates vary wildly from ten to forty million. This doesn't count twenty million casualties from WW2 and six million dead in Ukraine during the Holodomor. Anyway, during the Great Purge, people were sent to concentration camps in Siberia, effectively a 90% death sentence, for absurd reasons. True story: a public building was renovated and workers were moving a bust of Stalin. They used ropes to carry it, someone saw a worker carrying Stalin's bust with a rope around the neck and reported him for a symbolic act of rebellion. The worker was sentenced to 15 or 20 years in Siberia (my memory is a bit fuzzy on the details). This wasn't an isolated occurrence, this was the norm. Most people died within a few weeks in the Siberian camps. Others were killed outright with a bullet to the head.

Lessons we've learned about political correctness:
- you can tell people how to talk but you can't tell them how to think
- you can call a turd a daisy, it will still remain a turd
- it doesn't matter what you're saying, context is everything

In short, western political correctness looks like a baffling mix of hypocrisy, wishful thinking and censorship to us. Much better to speak your mind straight, with all the petty prejudices and misconceptions, than to smile and bullshit while thinking something else entirely. Disclaimer: I'm not Russian but my country is from the Eastern Bloc and we have a lot in common in terms of world view and cultural peculiarities.

SLAV POWER! SUKA BLYAT, RUSH BERLIN! *squats in adidas tracksuit*

This is how I think (I am American).

I am constantly at odds with (some) people, but I constantly maintain: If you can't handle your pants, then take them off; just don't cry to anybody because you feel nude.

Spoiler
I think that means what I think it means. Maybe not.

Few people (around me) think like I do, though, and that disappoints.

I.E., your circumstance is your responsibility--not mine. Does that resonate with at least somebody out there?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
@CanHasPants: I think you're trying to describe a baffling attitude of entitlement I've observed in many people. They act as if everyone must think and behave exactly as they think and anything on the contrary is a grave insult and injustice. IMO it's mostly a result of stupidity, which makes them unable to realize how little they know and understand, therefore they suffer from the illusion they are always right and anyone who disagrees with them is either an idiot or a bad person. It's combined with the misconception that anything unpleasant, hurtful or not nice in general should be ignored and will magically disappear if we pretend it isn't there. The first type of behavior isn't something specifically American, of course - stupid people are everywhere. The second part seems to me like a consequence from decades of overly cushy living. Too many people have no fucking idea of real hardship so they act like the princess with the pea under the bed.

However, this is where I have to add an important disclaimer - the political correctness trend is partially caused by real problems which are unknown in Eastern European countries. It may often be an overreaction but it's the result of a real history of racism and various other issues. In Eastern Europe, the population is homogeneous - there's typically a predominant ethnicity which comprises about 95% of the total population. This doesn't mean we're immune from racism. It means we're casually racist and we don't even think of it as a problem because there's no one around to complain. Sure, the minorities complain - but who gives a fuck what they think lol! (this was irony, don't take at face value)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Oct 16, 2016, 4:24:34 AM
The Russians hate your government, like almost everyone else on the planet. Not electing Hillary Clinton - another imperialist Neocon zealot for the 5th or 6th time in a row - that would be great.

USA! USA!
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
KZA wrote:
I don't wanna get nuked. Are you guys wanting to nuke us? Please ask whoever has the button to do that to please not. :(

As far as I know only one country who used atom bombs on civil targets are USA. I wouldnt be surprised they would nuke somebody again with atom bombs or whatever different bomb. But hey! They are bombing all time! USA are killing even their own citizens, making slaves of non-age people etc. Goverment of USA is most corrupted in whole world. Their banks/dollar become from some point in history tool of slavery. So if your country has nukes, you dont have to worry, they are afraid too. But if you are not using dollars or dont have their banking system there are indicias you going to be bombed or punished in whatever way, only to make you obedient.

edit: I missred title of thread. No, I dont think Russia wants to use nukes on USA citizens. But whole world would be very happy if USA keep their democracy and freedom on their own lands - everywhere in the world democracy and freedom by USA means obedience and slavery.

Last edited by Rexeos on Oct 16, 2016, 10:21:18 AM
President Obama to UN: I Seek "A World Without Nuclear Weapons" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiUL4Xl2CCE&feature=youtu.be

Following article shows that USA started new (again and again) nuclear modernization program. http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense/air-space/strike/2016/07/29/air-force-competition-nuclear-programs-gbsd-deterrent-lrso-cruise-missile-icbm/87751050/

USA goverment are such a liars.
"
algoritmax770 wrote:
Могу сказать так, пока нас никто не трогает мы вступать в перепалки не собираемся(Гитлер, Наполеон и прочие). Вам нечего бояться если вы сами чисты душой.

"I can say so until we have nobody touches we engage in skirmishes are not going to(Hitler, Napoleon and other). You have nothing to fear if you are a pure soul."
-----

Hopefully Google translator is not warped my promise.

Renglish
"
rosshilge wrote:
"
algoritmax770 wrote:
Могу сказать так, пока нас никто не трогает мы вступать в перепалки не собираемся(Гитлер, Наполеон и прочие). Вам нечего бояться если вы сами чисты душой.

"I can say so until we have nobody touches we engage in skirmishes are not going to(Hitler, Napoleon and other). You have nothing to fear if you are a pure soul."
-----

Renglish

I've found the ones making fun of foreigners' broken English are usually the ones who can't speak a second language worth a damn.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
"
rosshilge wrote:
"
algoritmax770 wrote:

-----

Renglish

I've found the ones making fun of foreigners' broken English are usually the ones who can't speak a second language worth a damn.
That's probably because they already can speak The Only Language In The Universe Worth Speaking, so why would they even try learning any of untermenshes' languages? Am I right, rosshilge?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:

That's probably because they already can speak The Only Language In The Universe Worth Speaking, so why would they even try learning any of untermenshes' languages? Am I right, rosshilge?

That's right, buddy! Also, they might've never tried to learn a foreign language but hell, how hard can it be? Also, just noting I caught the Nietzsche reference but I couldn't think of something witty to say to elegantly assert my ubermenschness so I'll just go out and say it.
Last edited by Bars on Oct 17, 2016, 3:52:08 AM
"
Rexeos wrote:
President Obama to UN: I Seek "A World Without Nuclear Weapons" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiUL4Xl2CCE&feature=youtu.be
USA goverment are such a liars.

Nah, it's more like idiot people who actually believed that. US and the rest of the world were sick of listening to the warmonger Bush for eight years and embraced the sweet lies Obama was selling. Obama is/was very good at convincing the audience to eat bullshit, while he was pursuing the same exact Neocon (foreign) policies as Bush before him.

Politicians will lie 100% of the time no matter what, because that is their job. It's on you if you decide to believe the lies or challenge them. I was mesmerized by Obama in 2008 too, but I didnt believe a word he said on nuclear weapons.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info