Blade vortex, pathfinder, and CI are getting nerfed

Can't deny it. They always nerfed the most used/abused mechanics. So what do we think they will do.

These are just predictions, but we all know they will do something.

Blade vortex - they will make it hit as if it were 1 stack. It will still scale up the damage, so 9 stacks will hit with 9x more dMG as 1 stack, but still hit as often as 1 stack. This will keep the damage, but lose the consistent leech and massive number of crits it gives now.

Pathfinder. Ascendancy nodes will apply to non unique flasks only in regards to charges gained on crit, and double charges gained. Still be a very powerfully build, but no more permanent vinkt/atziri/taste/etc...

CI - removal of chaos immune and replaced with "chaos not bypass es, -40% all resistances"

ES will still be easy to get high, but much harder to cap resistances.

And then I think ghost reaver may get a less effective mod. Leech applied to es at 20%.

These are my predictions. They would soften the builds, but not totally kill them.

How do you think ggg will balance these, and we know some sort of change is coming. Be a useful it always does when the meta is so one sided.
Last bumped on Nov 8, 2016, 6:35:03 AM
Blade vortex nerfed in every possible way - this is a nerf.
Pathfinder - Master surgeon has an internal cool down of 2 seconds - we didnt need to change since since BV is gone but we did it anyways.
CI - removed from the game - we don't like players not dying.
GR - removed from the game - we don't know how to balance ES.

Life - unchanged - we feel that those poor shits sitting around 5000 life trying to do end game are doing just fine.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
No shit? :D

regards,
another bv ci pathfinder
"
Nephalim wrote:
Blade vortex nerfed in every possible way - this is a nerf.
Pathfinder - Master surgeon has an internal cool down of 2 seconds - we didnt need to change since since BV is gone but we did it anyways.
CI - removed from the game - we don't like players not dying.

Life - unchanged - we feel that those poor shits sitting around 5000 life trying to do end game are doing just fine.

Nephalim knows. I will just add 'also, let's randomly make some build extremely powerful so the meta guys have something to play and the meta complainers have something to complain about' :P
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Nephalim wrote:

GR - removed from the passive tree - we really screwed Myrmi and the Essentia Sanguis with that.
We're making claws great again. This is a buff.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Oct 13, 2016, 3:31:15 AM
So nothing will get buffed? Like glacial hammer buff? I'm so sad.

Cycle of nerfing, always makes something stronger that was ignored and on 2nd place. So we can easily predict "meta" by ignoring bv/pathfinder/ci and look for 2nd best build besides that. That will be new most used build for next league.
Spreading salt since 2006
Nah, making CI behave like a low life build without being low life (keeping the 1hp) would make low life even more attractive than it already is. CI is fine as it is.

GR+VP combo is the culprit. Make GR less effective in leeching (like 20-30% ES leech effectiveness) and have 70% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge. That way, you have to get out of battle mode to heal and not just facetank like no tomorrow.

Edit: I got the order reverse. VP should make ES leech less effective (like 30% ES leech effectiveness) while keeping the instant leech intact for life builds. GR get the buff with 70% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge to make it rewarding for ES builds not fully dependent on leeching.

As for Blade Vortex, it should had not gotten a buff in damage at level 20 in 2.4. It needs to be retracted and possibly hit another damage nerf by like 15-30% less damage overall. I personally feel that Blade Vortex should be more of a utility skill than an all-in-one skill. Keep the hit rate as it is, but nerf the damage by a lot.

Disclaimer: The numbers I put up is not accurate and only GGG knows how they can balance them. I just wanted to put up numbers as an example even if it is absurd or not.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Oct 13, 2016, 3:52:03 AM
Guys you absolutely suck at balancing. You think BV is the only skill present in game?
I hope GGG doesn't have such retarded ideas.
"
SidleJinks wrote:
Guys you absolutely suck at balancing. You think BV is the only skill present in game?

Looking at builds in Essence Softcore - YES. (go any rota, 4 of 6 players will be BV...)

In my opinion Vall Pact should also stop energy shield from recharge. So no life and energy shield regen.
Remove Crit from BV and make it function like Incinerate... Fixed simple and easy.
Path of least resistance is always best. Pathfinder isn't broken except where BV is involved nor is CI, VP, or GR.. again where BV is involved. You dont nerf everything in the game because one single skill is an issue.. Yolu fix the actual issue and be done.

Even if BV does not crit anymore there's gem lvl scaling and they can always up the damage effectiveness if not allowing it to crit gimps the damage too much.
But it is by far the easiest way to fix this BV issue. Incinerate doesn't have any crit chance for a reason.. it hits WAY too many times.. Which is the exact issue here we see with BV it hits way too many times AND it crits. Hell if they remove the crit they could change the skill back to what it was originally when it was released and then it will still be powerful but not broken as fuck.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Oct 13, 2016, 5:35:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info