[3.8] What a Shocking Tri-Element Trapper! [Fire/Ice Trap build][UberAtziri/Shaper Video]

"
metacarpoo wrote:
Just now realized the cooldown issue, thanks for pointing that. Another thing to notice is that by chosing to go Lightning Spire Trap we will no longer get that many life regen from pyromaniac ascendency compared the clustered shock nova traps, since it wouldn't be linked with cluster traps right?

That is correct, yes.

"
metacarpoo wrote:
The idea of maintaining 2 AoE DoT effects sounds really cool, but between the two options you gave wouldn't ice nove deal more damage thus making it more suitable for killing the trash mobs? also assuming i go with vortex traps which seems better for filling the time gap between lightning spire traps cooldoown when fighting a boss, do you think should be linked to a cluster traps? if we decide to use lightning spire and vortex not linked to cluster traps woudn't that hurt even more the pyromaniac life regen?

Ice Nova will deal more damage on hit while Vortex will add that the Aoe DoT, yes. I would suggest combining either with Cluster Trap to get Pyromaniac and give Chain reaction an actual use.

"
metacarpoo wrote:
Very nice, using jaws as the switch shield also gives the bear trap gem level 20, correct me if im mistaken, buut if we get, Blue-Red-Green links on jaws of agony, then socket, siphoning trap, increased duration and cluster traps will the effects of the two support gems apply to the two trap skill gems? If so thats a good switch setup, whenever you feel like you need some regen, slow the enemie with bear trap and throw siphoning trap, as both will be clustered traps we can get a lof from pyromancer + siphoning trap combo, while the bear trap slow gives us some time to regen popperly.

Indeed. That way, you will have 2 3-combo traps in your secondary, albeit do I believe Bear Trap will be rather useless with a link that small, even with its new effect considering Siphoning will already have culling.

"
metacarpoo wrote:
Thanks for the awnser, and looking foward for any future updates for this build!

No problem! I'm glad I could spark your interest with this build and that you will try it out coming League. I will try my best to update it as best as possible after I was able to test the new stuff added with this patch.
Last edited by MrMoho on May 31, 2018, 11:43:28 AM
Now that the new "Trap Support" no longer increases the damage in 39%, doesn't that make any skill we try to use as a cold skill less powerfull than ice trap? Unless we can get an equipment with 2 shaped/elder mods "socketed gems are supported by level # trap support" and "socketed gems are supported by level # trap and mine damage". And even if we do that, coudn't we just grab one with increased trap and mine damage or/and concentrated effect, socket ice trap and than we would have a 5/6 links (4 from the item sockets, and 1 or 2 from the item mods) as our trash mob killer skill, in this case ice trap, could this be enough to pump ice trap damage so it would be ok?
Last edited by metacarpoo on May 31, 2018, 10:43:27 PM
Any unique weapon alternative?

Im also waiting for PoB to be updated with the new skills.
"
metacarpoo wrote:
Now that the new "Trap Support" no longer increases the damage in 39%, doesn't that make any skill we try to use as a cold skill less powerfull than ice trap? Unless we can get an equipment with 2 shaped/elder mods "socketed gems are supported by level # trap support" and "socketed gems are supported by level # trap and mine damage". And even if we do that, coudn't we just grab one with increased trap and mine damage or/and concentrated effect, socket ice trap and than we would have a 5/6 links (4 from the item sockets, and 1 or 2 from the item mods) as our trash mob killer skill, in this case ice trap, could this be enough to pump ice trap damage so it would be ok?

Even then, I believe Vortex will end up dealing a bit more damage. Thing is that they right now are skills meant to be together with Frost Orb (or at the very least gain bonuses from it), yet still are very much an alternative as a Trap to Ice Trap. That should be a red flag as how bad Ice Trap it got this patch.

"
Balantakos wrote:
Any unique weapon alternative?

Past Divinarius I can only think of Void Battery. Since unique Daggers are woefully understashed in terms of caster-specific weapons, choices are very limited. Void Battery should work nicely since Trappers generate Power Charges constantly and it's very easy for the to keep them running. You should consider skilling 2 extra Power Charges if using it, though.
Leveling with this build, is it me or lightning spire trap just doesn't feels as good as shock nova?
"
metacarpoo wrote:
Leveling with this build, is it me or lightning spire trap just doesn't feels as good as shock nova?

Noticed that myself, actually. It is a bit stiff and has the odd quirk of completely missing targets directly below it. It can be pretty neat with bosses, but the quirk I mentioned can make it a bit frustrating at times. The main issue is that one cannot deter where the thing fires its beams. Switching over to Shock Nova felt much nicer, although familiarity may be part of the reason. Still, I shall withhold my final judgment until I am properly mapping.
Server lag and maintenance made me doublepost, thus I just put something else here.

On Siphoning trap, I should probably mention that it won't work if it is in your second weapon slot. That really narrows its uses down, especially on this build that is already exhausted on free gem slots. If you got a slot free, you can put it in, although will it mostly only be for Mana regeneration, as Pyromaniac adds plenty Life regeneration already. Past that, if one possible has two free slots, putting Increased Duration will still be a good option. However, since it won't stick around when switching to another weapon set (and the skill itself is in a weapon), I wouldn't waste more than two gem slots on it.
Last edited by MrMoho on Jun 2, 2018, 8:27:44 PM
dude, how about arc+ cold damage + trap, or cold snap + trap, cause I really like the cold effect and shatter sound of mobs ..
"
linysys1245 wrote:
dude, how about arc+ cold damage + trap, or cold snap + trap, cause I really like the cold effect and shatter sound of mobs ..

Arc + Cold Damage is not going to work so well due to Elemental Equilibrium, as enemies will get resistance to all elements hit with at once. Cold Snap, well, I don't like it as a Trap because it's a projectile, so you really have little control over where it's going to shoot once activated. It might work against single targets, though.
Can this build be used as a league starter or should I look into it as my second build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info