[3.8] What a Shocking Tri-Element Trapper! [Fire/Ice Trap build][UberAtziri/Shaper Video]

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but what pantheon perks are most effective for this build?
update: never mind i rolled back through the forums again and i had just totally missed the response on it
Last edited by mikcix on Mar 25, 2018, 1:21:29 AM
Where to go from here ?

Spoiler

+Got a 5L carcass in my stash.

You can see my tree on my profile.

I'm taking big hits. Currently yoloing T10 with super reflex to press instant life potions, but i'd say it's not a good long term strategy ><
Last edited by Pandaroux on Mar 29, 2018, 9:17:35 PM
"
Pandaroux wrote:
Where to go from here ?

I'm taking big hits. Currently yoloing T10 with super reflex to press instant life potions, but i'd say it's not a good long term strategy ><

I've checked your build and yeah it looks kinda squishy, i'm not really sure how it'll go for you but i'd say:

-Instead of running an offensive curse such as ele weakness (besides, with EE, their resists should be -50% so you get dininishing returns from the curse), try going with a defensive one (enfeeble/temp chains)

-Ascent Uber lab and take born in the shadows, for me it really helped with survivability (also it's a decent damage updgrade (even more if you get Shaped gloves with +blind)

-I'd drop those unique jewels for some with +% trap dmg, +% life and whatever stats you're lacking (maybe str looking at your helmet).Thos are about 3-5c for 6% life ones iirc.
You'll get +12-14% life, and if you have Haku 7 you might be able to scour the +strength and get crafted life instead.

With that you'll be way tankier imo.

Also, idk if it's really a good advice, but since you're gonna be a bit tankier, you'll be able to drop a life flask or two
I'm currently running a Sorrow of the divine to regen my ES while taking hits, however Chaos Damage is a bit of a pain (especially with Chaos/Phys bosses)so i run a Strandard Life flask+Lavianga's spirit.

Finally, according to PoB (which is not always the best indicator) you have only ~20% crit chance with 350% multiplier, which is overall "only" a 60% increase of your average damage, kinda low for a supposedly crit based build, i'd say maybe drop a few trap damage nodes and try to make your crit chance go up to 40-50% it should about double your damage output

Hope it'll help :D

Edit : It seems you're not running a low lever CwDT-Immortal call-Increased duration with 3 free slots in your helm, i'd say it's a waste, just off-color your helm with vorici socket technique and it'll help tremendously
Last edited by HerrMyth on Mar 30, 2018, 3:41:28 AM
"
Pandaroux wrote:
Where to go from here ?

Well, HerrMyth pretty much already said it all!

What I would add on top is to get Divine Flasks with instant Life Recovery, or at the very least one. They really do help when in a pickle and you find yourself hit by several effects at once.

And yes, as HerrMyth already said, against Chaos damage, such as Poison/Desecrated Ground, etc., this build really suffers quite a bit, at least when not having full Chaos Resistance. A combination of Soul of Arakaali and Soul of Shakari when you know there is Poison Damage coming is a great choice.
hi,
thanks for the guide, I'm really enjoying it by now.

I was lucky to find gloves with 20 trap support aswell as blind on it. would you recommend another cold aoe spell instead of the ice trap like glacial cascade or something else?

Greets
"
Pariah2k11 wrote:
hi,
thanks for the guide, I'm really enjoying it by now.

I was lucky to find gloves with 20 trap support aswell as blind on it. would you recommend another cold aoe spell instead of the ice trap like glacial cascade or something else?

Greets

I had discussions about using Vortex instead of Ice Trap, but in the end came down with just using Ice Trap. So, alas, I do not recommend another cold aoe spell. If you want to, you can try some out, of course!
"
HerrMyth wrote:
"
Pandaroux wrote:
Where to go from here ?

I've checked your build and yeah it looks kinda squishy, i'm not really sure how it'll go for you but i'd say:

-Instead of running an offensive curse such as ele weakness (besides, with EE, their resists should be -50% so you get dininishing returns from the curse), try going with a defensive one (enfeeble/temp chains)

-Ascent Uber lab and take born in the shadows, for me it really helped with survivability (also it's a decent damage updgrade (even more if you get Shaped gloves with +blind)

-I'd drop those unique jewels for some with +% trap dmg, +% life and whatever stats you're lacking (maybe str looking at your helmet).Thos are about 3-5c for 6% life ones iirc.
You'll get +12-14% life, and if you have Haku 7 you might be able to scour the +strength and get crafted life instead.

With that you'll be way tankier imo.

Also, idk if it's really a good advice, but since you're gonna be a bit tankier, you'll be able to drop a life flask or two
I'm currently running a Sorrow of the divine to regen my ES while taking hits, however Chaos Damage is a bit of a pain (especially with Chaos/Phys bosses)so i run a Strandard Life flask+Lavianga's spirit.

Finally, according to PoB (which is not always the best indicator) you have only ~20% crit chance with 350% multiplier, which is overall "only" a 60% increase of your average damage, kinda low for a supposedly crit based build, i'd say maybe drop a few trap damage nodes and try to make your crit chance go up to 40-50% it should about double your damage output

Hope it'll help :D

Edit : It seems you're not running a low lever CwDT-Immortal call-Increased duration with 3 free slots in your helm, i'd say it's a waste, just off-color your helm with vorici socket technique and it'll help tremendously

Thank you, my gear right now below. Trying to find a lvl 22 trap fingerless gloves. Might reroll my helm at some point (with some defeaning woe I guess). No chromes at the moment to off color for a cwdt immortal cry.
Also, you didn't tell me to get a 6L but I apparently linked in 100 fuse, so...
My wand is up for a change too. What to slook for ? Spell dmg and spell crit chance ?
Got myself a :

like you told me, but i'm not convinced. As a trapper i'm always moving, and the regen is not enough to facetank.

Respeced into some crit node, i'm at 30% right now, but I don't know how you'd want me to go higher.

Gear :
Spoiler

Tree :
Last edited by Pandaroux on Apr 6, 2018, 8:03:22 AM
First off, congrats on the 6L Carcass Jack !

"
Trying to find a lvl 22 trap fingerless gloves.

Those are quite rare, and probably quite expensive, I don't think those are really a real worth investment, +4 level to Trap Support will give you only +4% additionnal damage, (so about + 1.5% Avg damage)

The things you should invest in :
- lvl 21 Trap gems : super cheap this league due to the recipe which is in the Challenges,it will give you a HUGE boost of DPS
Why ? Quality is up to 10% burning damage which can be nice, but is over all a marginal damage buff (especially if you have ele. focus in the Links)
On the other side, Level of Gem is the most important thing for Traps (+25% Damage per level)

- A diamond Flask : It'll make you roll twice your crit dice, pretty much a must have for a build with less than 70% of crit chance:

-For your weapon, i'd say the best possible base if you want to push crit. is a platinum kris, which can roll spell damage in prefixes and crit chance/multi in suffixes

-For the Sorrow of the Divine Flask, it was a suggestion, but I realised you didn't pick Pyromaniac in your Ascendancy perks, so you don't have any decent regen, so i makes that flask a bit pointless (it was my bad to suggest that sorry)

"
No chromes at the moment to off color for a cwdt immortal cry.

For off-coloring 4links,i'd say don't use vorici, but rather use this technique :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjDvO97CyWA

- I'm not 100% sure about that, but even if mana leech/faster projectiles are not affecting your traps, their mana multiplier might still be applied (since shock nova has the "spell" tag) so that's might be a waste of mana.

-If you wanna push more crit, i'd advise to look for some cheap diamond rings with life + reses and if possible one crit affix (two would be great but they are rare, and expensive..) That said you'll risk to some some reses, so it's up to you.

-The gear you've linked is quite focused on ES, while you don't have much regen, either life or ES regen. If you don't have some,it's pretty much dead weight, since you have to wait 2 sec without being hit for it to start the regen...

My advice(i'm not telling you to do anything, that's your char, i'm just here to help :p) for you would be to respec your Explosive Expert ascendancy into Pyromaniac, you'll lose a bit of Damage, sure, but the regen you get from emergency spamming trap clusters should help a lot, then you'll get enough regen for the Sorrow Of The Divine Flask to help tanking

My build is a bit different, since i've based it on a +3 Fire Sceptre instead of a Chest and i'm using Sunblast for more explosions

GEAR
Spoiler

FLASKS
Spoiler

TREE
Last edited by HerrMyth on Apr 9, 2018, 7:10:18 PM
Well, well, looks like the new League got announced! Sorry for the inactivity, but I shall properly update this build with new information as it comes in. This League looks interesting enough, but what I really was looking forward to were the new Traps and how they would affect my build! Sadly... Well, they all kinda not good for this build at first glance... OF course, this is just a first draft of each skill at Level 1, not to mention all of this is an untested first look, so opinions may very much still change! Let's just discuss each individually for now.

Explosive Trap

Finally something that may resurrect my physical brethren! Of course, if the damage of this trap is any good must be seen first. Has a decently high Crit chance, no cooldown but a pretty bad Effectiveness of Damage. 50% of the damage gets converted to Fire, and while this build does not rely on Added Damage x of any sort, one could almost hope that this skill could be used on a Tri-Element Trapper if all of the Physical Damage can be converted to Fire... But nah, the additional explosions after the first may clash with Elemental Equilibrium too much. The base damage must be a lot higher than Fire Trap even after getting out of the way to make all of the damage Fire to be worthwhile. Maybe it can work, since they want to change the starting Area of the Shadow in a way that so he has not to choose between Elemental or Physical but just pure Trap damage, but I will say this is just there for Physicial Trappers for now.

Seismic Trap

Physical big burst Trap with 8 seconds of Cooldown that has a casting speed effect that nobody will take advantage of because it is useless due to the high cooldown. Maybe something for Physical Trappers as a big burst of damage for bosses. Not made for this build.

Lightning Spire Trap

This Trap, once triggered, shoots three (maybe more with certain links) AoE lightning strikes around it. From videos, it looks like it is trying to specifically target enemies, which is good. Due to its nature of repeatedly striking around it, it most likely won't do well with Elemental Equilibrium. Has a higher Crit Chance against shocked Enemies, but doesn't shock well itself. Also, the bursts occur more frequent if you have cast speed, but I am not sure if that means it shoots more often overall, meaning it may or may not make that effect a bust due to its cooldown of 8 seconds. Maybe, and I stress, maybe something for Lightning Trap users. However, Lightning Trap = Projectile, Lightning Spire Trap = AoE, so we'll see.

Siphoning Trap

This one is... interesting. It deals Cold Damage over Time only, but if you stick close to it and there is an enemy around, you gain Life and Mana regeneration. Can't say how high it will turn out as only the level 1 variant of each skill gets shown off, but I won't keep my hopes up. First, no matter what, this is not going to be useful for Trash Mobs. By the time the effect of this Trap takes effect, another Trap will already killed them all. Also, since Pyromaniac allows you to have up to 20% life regeneration per second and also reduces the Mana cost of Traps by 25%, what this Trap offers really seems quite useless. However, due to the effect starting off big with just one enemy around, gaining a smaller increase with each additional enemy, this may be something used for bosses. At best, I could imagine putting this in a second weapon slot with added duration and maybe Culling Strike or something. Has a Cooldown of 4 seconds and only one charge, so it pretty much is designed as a regenerater and thus for a second weapon slot, anyways.

Flamethrower Trap

A third Elemental Trap, and a third bust for this build. This has to be one of the silliest Skills yet. Creates a fire cross (maybe one can increase the number of arms with additional projectiles or the like? Who knows) that spins in a circle... It's supposed to speed up with more casting speed which, again, seems really useless to me, even more so than the other two skills that do that, especially since this Trap also has a cooldown of 8 seconds. Although, this Trap confuses me a bit. It doesn't say it deals Damage over Time (which it really looks like it does) so I assume added Burning Damage does not increase its damage... Sooo, any Fire Trapper that wants to test out a new Trap Burner is already not going to be able to take full advantage of this thing. I guess it counts as AoE and does deal more damage to burning enemies (aka. Those standing on the burning ground effect of a Fire Trap), so maybe a pure Fire Trapper can take advantage of this thing. Useless for this build.

Charged Traps Support

A very useful Support gem I will most definitely connect with the Shock Nova Trap link. This skill kinda removes the purpose of Blast Cascade (unless it turns out having this effect just on the Shock Nova link won't be enough) and also makes the one useful node of Tinkerskin mute... Not to mention that the removal of Cooldown from a lot of Traps already did that with the other semi-useful effect.

Overall, only Charged Traps Support is going to be of any universal use. Most of these Traps seem to just add an additional Trap to builds using another Trap at best and I can't see any used often except for maybe the physical ones. Alas, let's hope the buffs to Fire Trap and the changes to the Skill Tree of the Shadow are better suited for this Build. And lets really hope they also buff Ice Trap, because if Fire Trap gets boosted in the way they plan to, Ice Trap is going to be straight up worse with no ups to be had.

Onto other news, I can confirm that this build is T15 Elder viable. I will wait to create Videos and other statements (for example, a proper explanation int the FAQ why it isn't Uber Atziri viable) until the next League just to see how much better Trappers are going to be.

More importantly, what do you guys and gals think about these new skills? Let's discuss them out!
Last edited by MrMoho on May 11, 2018, 8:36:05 AM
Is cant say much about the new traps atm.

But didnt they say burning buff and no Stacks on flametraps? Then pure fire trapper would be great. Also all big streamers told me..that they would go for elementalist with a 3.3 trapper. Didnt get it why..
Bayern des samma mia

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info