[3.8] What a Shocking Tri-Element Trapper! [Fire/Ice Trap build][UberAtziri/Shaper Video]

What two Pantheon's do you use for this build?
IGN: Arkon_Melee_LoL

https://www.twitch.tv/arkon9944
"
arkon9944 wrote:
What two Pantheon's do you use for this build?

Since the Pantheon powers tend to be rather specific in their use, the best way to use them is to use them all, chosing depending on the situation.
For the Minor ones, Ralakesh is great for bosses that bleed or Maim you, prime example being the Chimera.
Abberath is fantastic whenever the flaming ground mod on a map and the halved Ignite duration can be nice, too.
Yugul might be nice against Ice heavy maps.
Ryslatha is probably the most 'save' option since better Life Flask is always good.
Garukhan is nice for some Dodge when hit and 6% movement speed outside of combat is also quite nice.
Gruthkul is good for maps in which a lot of enemies can swarm you, for example in The Beachhead.
Tukohama is completely useless since you run around constantly with this build.

For the Major ones, Arakaali is nice to have for chaos damage over time since damage that bypasses you ES is incredibly annoying with MoM.
Solaris is good for when fighting bosses by their lonesome or when the extra crit mod is on a map.
Lunaris is best used for projectile heavy bosses, like the Hydra.
Brine King is rather useless for this build.

I tend to pick Abberath or Ryslatha for Minor, and Arakaali for Major, though do I mix it up from time to time when I know what I will face in a map.
@MrMoho

Any thoughts to my earlier request? I think it would be a great help to not only myself but others that aren't familiar with Shadow.

Thanks.
"
adr0it wrote:
@MrMoho

Any thoughts to my earlier request? I think it would be a great help to not only myself but others that aren't familiar with Shadow.

Thanks.

Honestly, I'm not quite sure how neccesary it truly is. It's not too hard to follow. Skill the stuff around the Shadow, skill towards Elemental Equlibrium and get everything with Life along the way as well as Blast Cascade if not using Jaws of Agony, get MoM and then. though must I say that this build prooobably is not for beginners, considering you need a good timing and sometimes knowledge of a couple complicated calculations if you want to know your damage (something not even Path of Building can help you with!). But I will see what I can do!
no offensive but why are you running white guardian map in the video. Is this build viable to do some hard map mod ?
"
Lelouchzqy wrote:
no offensive but why are you running white guardian map in the video. Is this build viable to do some hard map mod ?

I'm running white just to give a base idea on how the build performs against a 'blank slate' Guardian. From there, you can pretty much calculate how harder/longer one will take per mod (that affects them, at least). Hard map mods should work out perfectly fine, even against the Guardians, unless you get something like increased AoE + Increased Boss AoE + Boss speed and damage with the Phoenix which causes his explosion to go off in two seconds and spread through the whole room (Yes, I had a corrupted map like that once).
"
MrMoho wrote:
"
Lelouchzqy wrote:

I'm running white just to give a base idea on how the build performs against a 'blank slate' Guardian. From there, you can pretty much calculate how harder/longer one will take per mod (that affects them, at least). Hard map mods should work out perfectly fine, even against the Guardians, unless you get something like increased AoE + Increased Boss AoE + Boss speed and damage with the Phoenix which causes his explosion to go off in two seconds and spread through the whole room (Yes, I had a corrupted map like that once).

thanks for your reply. the build is good. But I was always hesitating to reroll a trapper because of bosses' high hp in the current patch and also the pain to run no regen map
Alright, got a Shaper kill video. Took me long enough, eh? One death because I decided to throw traps instead of moving a little bit out of the way. Now, obviously, this build is not top tier Shaper farm material, since the single Damage isn't massive. However, you can kill him at a decent pace. At least I think so. Regardless, enjoy!
3 month old POE player here.. and am loving your build..
i just hit 88 recently and i want to ask for any suggestions to boost my damage and is it ok that i did not take BORN in shadows? and using wand using wand instead..
Last edited by arngrim007 on Sep 15, 2017, 1:14:16 PM
"
arngrim007 wrote:
3 month old POE player here.. and am loving your build..
i just hit 88 recently and i want to ask for any suggestions to boost my damage and is it ok that i did not take BORN in shadows? and using wand using wand instead..

Using a Wand is perfectly fine if you look for more consistent Damage. However, not getting Born in the Shadows will make you miss out on an increase of 30% in damage, something that Explosive Expert does not offer (I assume you took that one). In fact, Explosive Expert is actually really... Well, awful. It barely grants stuff and it mostly is only useful for physical trappers, and not that much even then. Get Born in the Shadows, instead. Trust me, it's a better choice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info