what keeps you motivated Farming Maps over and over?

"
Remedin wrote:

Mapping itself:
- just upgrade the maps to magic and run as many as possible or alch the yellow ones?
- try to roll good IIQ and IIR on them or just do as many as possible?
a few days ago i read chiseling is not worth before red maps

Farming:
i am really bad at price checking :(
meanwhile i know when a item could be worth something (thats a plus of playing many different builds :) ) but do i do the chaos recipe also in T8 maps or is it worth to identify everything and check if its worth something?
i see the streamers knowing "thats worth 10 chaos" after looking at the item for 10 Seconds and i am like "What the fuck dude, how do you do this?" ^^

i think this unsecureness lowers my fun because it's always like "i dont know what excactly im doin' here"

I wouldn't obsess about any of that, honestly.

Are you trying to beat Steel for first 100 in a league? No? Then xp/h doesn't really matter and if you feel like stopping to pick up and ID items, go for it. Nothing wrong with it.

If you need chaos right now, by all means do chaos recipe. Nothing wrong with it either.

If you undersell something, doesn't really matter. Not the end of the world, and you'll probably buy something here and there for less than it's really worth. It will even out.

At the end of the day- play the game however you want, do whatever is most fun to you.
There you go :)
why im still mapping and not rerolling or quitting the league yet:

+finding diviner boxes
+running perandus mod
+need to run maps to afford more perandus mod :P
+not tired of being stuck in tier9-12 maps *yet*
Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
"
Remedin wrote:
im struggling with my motivation of Farming Maps over and over
once my character reaches merciless dried lake i have fun Farming it to lvl 75 there, buy a decent gear and start doing maps from T5 - T8 sometimes to T10.
after that i get frustrated because it's always the same shit and on higher maps i mostly die on the bosses^^
My Characters then mostly have a Gear worth about 2 ex

and then i see a new cool build on a twitch stream or on a friend and start over again :)

This Season i made my 5th Char Map Ready (can already do T8 Maps) last weekend ^^

so my question is basically what keeps your Motivation up to Farm maps till the currency rises to buy better gear and farm even higher tier Maps?

I only play standard and there are some new like stuff in 2.4!
I like the Prophecys and the sextants! and while i map i "theorycraft" and test stuff out in the wild :)

What i dislike doh in 2.4 is the nerf in high tier map drops, diviner boxes (seen 1 since release of 2.4 while playing multiple hours on average a day) and silver coins!
Because of this i can not maintain my map pool at 10+ (the higher the map i play the lower the maps that drop) so i NEED to buy every 10+ map and this gets boring/frustrating and gets me broke fast!

I plan to stop with maps because of this nerf in mapping in 2.4 and i really hope it will get fixed in the future so i can have fun again mapping like prior 2.4!
"
Remedin wrote:
im struggling with my motivation of Farming Maps over and over
once my character reaches merciless dried lake i have fun Farming it to lvl 75 there, buy a decent gear and start doing maps from T5 - T8 sometimes to T10.
after that i get frustrated because it's always the same shit and on higher maps i mostly die on the bosses^^
My Characters then mostly have a Gear worth about 2 ex

and then i see a new cool build on a twitch stream or on a friend and start over again :)

This Season i made my 5th Char Map Ready (can already do T8 Maps) last weekend ^^

so my question is basically what keeps your Motivation up to Farm maps till the currency rises to buy better gear and farm even higher tier Maps?

Sounds like the only thing you haven't experienced is creating your own cool build which can reach at least T10.
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
What keeps me motivated?

Have a "Goal"
For some people it's 40/40, for some people it's the race to 100. Have a goal, goals are a big part of motivation.

Play fun builds
The most important factor. Example: The BV Pathfinder is "ALL THE RAGE" this league, but I'll never play it because of one reasons. My League starter last league was a BV scion. I learned very quickly that I do not like playing BV, I find stack management annoying.

Multiple builds
Have multiple builds. This allows you to switch it up when you get bored of a certain playstyle. As league player I still switch over to my standard characters occasionally to break the monotony.

Breaks
Take breaks. Breaks allow you to stop thinking about POE. When my first character hit 80 I stopped playing for a week and instead hit the gym hard. When I got back the next week I was more psyched up to play POE. Continuous play will burn you out, it happens to the best of us. So take breaks.
I also suffer from Chronic Reroll Syndrome, or I jump into a single player RPG, spend a week or two on Overwatch or good ol' CS:S, etc.

My newest character is the first time I've been able to run Red maps, and it's just fun as hell. I still feel like a lot of the new maps are fresh. I absolutely love seeing a Diviners. So many random cards I'll probably never complete.

It's an ARPG. Repetitive item hunting is the very core of repeated play, in my opinion. If I was able to play a thousand hours of Pindleskin, Baal, and even D1 runs hoping for a ObZod ring, I can enjoy having 25 different maps to run and repeat.

Once you get bored, just play something else. It's not a bad thing.
Basically what Megatyrant said.. Hit everything on the nail.

I usually get burned out when I reach level 90 and 40/40, hard to find motivation to continue and even my side goals (like collecting every Unique in the League, and stacks of every Essence) isn't really enough to keep me..

I love my current build, and I've tried all the builds I wanted to this League, but even still, aside from my desire/goal to FINALLY get an Enlighten Gem to level 3, my motivation is waning..

Granted I don't really have much options aside from PoE, I tried to spend yesterday watching NetFlix/Movies, and was BORED OUT OF MY FUCKING MIND! There's literally nothing left to watch.. >_<

Maybe I will finally go for 100, or at least 95, or maybe I'll just wait for the new Skills.. I donno.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
-Only make characters with fast clear speed.
-30% move boots or use whirling blades for travelling.
-While levelling, don't pick up the trash (scrolls, shit currency, rares for alt, chroma items, etc.)
"
lapilesos wrote:
I'm looking for diviner box that drops me Doctor. Then I'll be free from PoE till next patch:)

i actually found a diviner box during regular Atziri run, threw a scour and alch at it, and it did drop me a Doctor. So yeah it does happen )
Nothing.

Spoiler
I hate maps. I'd rather reroll a different character. I've literally only had 2 map experiences: I stepped through the portal and got one-shotted. Gee... that was a fun unique map... The other memory I have is steamrolling through another one... equally unfun.

Spoiler
ok, I lied. There was a third. I tried to ID everything and take stuff back to town to sell it. Too much crap for only six portals. No thank you. I refuse to leave stuff behind or unidentified. Oddly enough I like loot in my dungeon crawlers, despite my dislike of playing inventory-tetris.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info