what keeps you motivated Farming Maps over and over?

im struggling with my motivation of Farming Maps over and over
once my character reaches merciless dried lake i have fun Farming it to lvl 75 there, buy a decent gear and start doing maps from T5 - T8 sometimes to T10.
after that i get frustrated because it's always the same shit and on higher maps i mostly die on the bosses^^
My Characters then mostly have a Gear worth about 2 ex

and then i see a new cool build on a twitch stream or on a friend and start over again :)

This Season i made my 5th Char Map Ready (can already do T8 Maps) last weekend ^^

so my question is basically what keeps your Motivation up to Farm maps till the currency rises to buy better gear and farm even higher tier Maps?

Last bumped on Oct 16, 2016, 2:21:19 AM
You either enjoy the farming itself or you don't. If you have to motivate yourself to do it, you probably shouldn't do it. This is a game, you're supposed to enjoy playing it, not to have to talk yourself up as if it's some difficult task you have to pull through.

To put it into perspective, the problem should be making yourself stop playing to do other stuff, not making yourself play.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
You either enjoy the farming itself or you don't. If you have to motivate yourself to do it, you probably shouldn't do it. This is a game, you're supposed to enjoy playing it, not to have to talk yourself up as if it's some difficult task you have to pull through.

To put it into perspective, the problem should be making yourself stop playing to do other stuff, not making yourself play.

Well that's easy, just run the lab once if you wanna quit it for the night?

Spoiler
<.<
Spoiler
>.>

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Need to fill more stash tabs with junk. Must pick up all the things!
I'm looking for diviner box that drops me Doctor. Then I'll be free from PoE till next patch:)
******ana and good tunes.

=D
"
Bars wrote:

this seems also legit but i want to reach the endgame ;)
it's more like i want to test out other builds so bad when i see them ...

i really really enjoy this game - that's not the problem :)
"
Boem wrote:

Well that's easy, just run the lab once if you wanna quit it for the night?

It's easy indeed, I simply don't run the lab. I level to sixty-something, do normal, cruel and merciless in one go like pulling a tooth and that's it. For this league I haven't set my foot in a uber trial and I get this warm glow every time I skip one.

"
Remedin wrote:

this seems also legit but i want to reach the endgame ;)
it's more like i want to test out other builds so bad when i see them ...

i really really enjoy this game - that's not the problem :)

Well, I don't know what to say then. I don't motivate myself, I simply do it. IMO if you're trying to motivate yourself, this means you aren't actually doing it.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Oct 10, 2016, 9:29:26 AM

It bores me too. About the time you hit the lake in Merciless, or do a few maps, or hit lvl 80 or so it gets so boring. The skill points are my drug and they come way too slow after about lvl 80.

I also have CRD(Chronic Restarter's Disorder). I beat myself up a lot about it. Every league I vow to not make so many characters. This league I said only two characters! now I have about 7. Ripped one about lvl 83 to uber Izaro, Ripped one at lvl 62 in the mines, trying a build that should only be played in Standard... 4 are map-ready, and a couple are new. I hit lvl 87 on my main last night. Only the second time I hit lvl 87, and that's the highest level I ever had and I have been playing since one month before open beta - 4000+ Steam hours...

I decided (as others have said) it's a game, and you're supposed to be having fun. Making lots of different characters and trying out all of these things is what I enjoy, so that's what I (will) do.

It took about 4 hours to go from lvl 86 to lvl 87 last night while mapping with a friend; I could get a new character to Cruel in that time. That's around 48 more skill points of Pavlovian pleasure. :)
I'm actually the opposite. I like playing one character for the sole purpose of spoiling it as much as I can. I want to relevel gems so I can get optimal corrupts when they hit 20/20. I want to save so I can get the best obtainable upgrades for my price range. I want to have currency to fall back on instead of rolling another alt.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info