[2.4] Tank of Blades: Slayer Life MoM NonCrit Ele BV LeapSlam Tank! (Guardian vids) + 1ExBUDGET!

"
EcchiOli wrote:

Still, that's not about leeching mana, as the second "optional" BV is linked to Mark, that's about generating charges that allow us to sustain long-lasting Immortal Call, something without which the build simply doesn't work, don't you think?

EDIT: I also realize that Romira's Banquet ( wiki ) provides power charges on non-critical hits, and that those power charges are converted to endurance charges by Voll's Devotion ( wiki ), which Immortal Call uses to provide permanent availability of 6-seconds invincibility.
... and that makes me wonder even more why there is the need for Warlod's Mark on Curse On Hit.

(I'm not trying to blame the build, OP, not at all! I want to do things right, simply, and when I don't understand, I ask, I hope I don't sound negative!)

Trust me on this. When you're fighting a lot of monsters in high tier maps, you're taking a lot of both health, AND mana damage thanks to Mind over Matter. Without warlords mark's 2% mana leach, the build has no strong way to rapidly generate mana. Most of the time you wont need to utilize this secondary BV, but I ALWAYS use it when going into boss fights. The mana it sustains is invaluable for survival. Pre-Voll's Devotion it was very nice for generating endurance charges, but I never used it exclusively for that purpose.
Last edited by djfang on Oct 20, 2016, 12:19:08 PM
"
djfang wrote:
"
EcchiOli wrote:

Still, that's not about leeching mana, as the second "optional" BV is linked to Mark, that's about generating charges that allow us to sustain long-lasting Immortal Call, something without which the build simply doesn't work, don't you think?

EDIT: I also realize that Romira's Banquet ( wiki ) provides power charges on non-critical hits, and that those power charges are converted to endurance charges by Voll's Devotion ( wiki ), which Immortal Call uses to provide permanent availability of 6-seconds invincibility.
... and that makes me wonder even more why there is the need for Warlod's Mark on Curse On Hit.

(I'm not trying to blame the build, OP, not at all! I want to do things right, simply, and when I don't understand, I ask, I hope I don't sound negative!)

Trust me on this. When you're fighting a lot of monsters in high tier maps, you're taking a lot of both health, AND mana damage thanks to Mind over Matter. Without warlords mark's 2% mana leach, the build has no strong way to rapidly generate mana. Most of the time you wont need to utilize this secondary BV, but I ALWAYS use it when going into boss fights. The mana it sustains is invaluable for survival. Pre-Voll's Devotion it was very nice for generating endurance charges, but I never used it exclusively for that purpose.

This is absolutely correct! :)
Abisslayer, the Tank of Blades! - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1751060
Abisswalds, the Flaskman!

"
Dysmal wrote:
"
djfang wrote:
"
EcchiOli wrote:

This is absolutely correct! :)

Then I will believe you guys, thank you for your patience :)

If I may ask how it "works", is it like that?
- I launch the damage-dealer BV until full 20 blades
- I launch once the BV with Warlord's Mark and Curse on hit
- and then I'm good?

I mean, the two BVs "accept" to mix into each other, the total number of spinning blades staying restricted to 20?

"
EcchiOli wrote:

Then I will believe you guys, thank you for your patience :)

If I may ask how it "works", is it like that?
- I launch the damage-dealer BV until full 20 blades
- I launch once the BV with Warlord's Mark and Curse on hit
- and then I'm good?

I mean, the two BVs "accept" to mix into each other, the total number of spinning blades staying restricted to 20?

Yup, that's exactly how I do it, but I think 20 stacks of BV is only necessary on Bosses. The rest of the time just hit the curse BV occasionally on hard maps or on no-regen ones.
Abisslayer, the Tank of Blades! - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1751060

"
Dysmal wrote:
Rare Belt with Life and Resists (If needed, also Dexterity!)

I am slowly working toward getting there, thank you :)

There's something I am finding very odd, here, if I may ask: a belt... with dexterity?!?

For the life of me, I searched on poe.trade all I could, I sought confirmation on exilemods.com and poeaffix.net, and with the exception of two rare belts, I didn't find ANY belt at all with dexterity on it.

Is that belt a special rare item of sorts, or something that would qualify as of legacy?

This is a serious question, because with my level 68 current level, I'm "wasting" an insane number of points on getting enough dexterity, and I would totally welcome dex from my belt, haha.

That said, I'm currently using "levelling" gear without added dex, and I'm aware that replacing it (when I stop being broke to the point of owning 2c in total with all sellable currencies already sold) will hopefully help relieve that burden of dex needs, and claim passive skill points back.

Simple note, if it may help other people reach at last the level 68 required by Pledge of hands, here's my "levelling" gear:
Last edited by EcchiOli on Oct 23, 2016, 5:05:18 AM
"
EcchiOli wrote:
"
Dysmal wrote:
Rare Belt with Life and Resists (If needed, also Dexterity!)

I am slowly working toward getting there, thank you :)

There's something I am finding very odd, here, if I may ask: a belt... with dexterity?!?

For the life of me, I searched on poe.trade all I could, I sought confirmation on exilemods.com and poeaffix.net, and with the exception of two rare belts, I didn't find ANY belt at all with dexterity on it.

Is that belt a special rare item of sorts, or something that would qualify as of legacy?

This is a serious question, because with my level 68 current level, I'm "wasting" an insane number of points on getting enough dexterity, and I would totally welcome dex from my belt, haha.

That said, I'm currently using "levelling" gear without added dex, and I'm aware that replacing it (when I stop being broke to the point of owning 2c in total with all sellable currencies already sold) will hopefully help relieve that burden of dex needs, and claim passive skill points back.

Simple note, if it may help other people reach at last the level 68 required by Pledge of hands, here's my "levelling" gear:

There's an Essence called Essence of Sorrow that lets you craft a rare belt with Dexterity.

Just posting to say I just solo'd my first guardian! Minotaur down! even with 40% increased life it only took 30~40 seconds to kill while only pressing 1 button ^^

gear/gems at the time of face tank:
Spoiler
"
djfang wrote:
Just posting to say I just solo'd my first guardian! Minotaur down! even with 40% increased life it only took 30~40 seconds to kill while only pressing 1 button ^^

gear/gems at the time of face tank:
Spoiler

Hey congrats! Minotaur, Hydra and Chimera are all really easy, the only one to watch out for is Phoenix with his explosion - you have to dodge that one.

Believe it or not, I tanked everything. :o The only parts i had problems with were the phoenix's add's(I could survive the Flame discharge and leach back up enough to survive its next hit but a random phoenix add fireball could kill be before i could leach enough. Those things and the chimera's poison add phase(Actually lost 2 maps to the chimera before i wised up and replaced my basalt flasks with
"
djfang wrote:

Believe it or not, I tanked everything. :o The only parts i had problems with were the phoenix's add's(I could survive the Flame discharge and leach back up enough to survive its next hit but a random phoenix add fireball could kill be before i could leach enough. Those things and the chimera's poison add phase(Actually lost 2 maps to the chimera before i wised up and replaced my basalt flasks with

Huh, interesting. I've had 0 problems on Chimera, tanking every add phase, even carrying people through it. Phoenix discharge though, never tried tanking that after dying to it once. Might've been an elemental modded map though... Worth trying again! Congrats on your kills! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info