[2.4] Tank of Blades: Slayer Life MoM NonCrit Ele BV LeapSlam Tank! (Guardian vids) + 1ExBUDGET!

Whoops, duplicate post >:
Abisslayer, the Tank of Blades! - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1751060
Abisswalds, the Flaskman!

Last edited by Dysmal on Oct 17, 2016, 5:28:32 PM
I started this build an hour ago, going with the budget solution, so, thank you :)

I want to ask a question, though.

What about using two rings with, among other mods, the Elreon property, minus 8 mana?
That's what I went with for the beginning.

With two of those, Blade Vortex costs litteraly no mana even with all multipliers in a tabula, and you can save on all the points you have put into mana regeneration, to put them elsewhere.

At this point, there are three possibilities:

- I am a total absolute genius and my suggestion is awesome
or
- It so happens that the "minus x to cost of spells" property is incompatible with the mods required ingame, and simply can't be present together in the list of mods.
or
- I loverlooked something else

I don't dare make a guess :D

-

EDIT: could it be for Mind Over Matter? I just saw this node on the skill tree.
Last edited by EcchiOli on Oct 18, 2016, 8:49:31 PM
"
EcchiOli wrote:
I started this build an hour ago, going with the budget solution, so, thank you :)

What about using two rings with, among other mods, the Elreon property, minus 8 mana?

With two of those, Blade Vortex costs litteraly no mana even with all multipliers in a tabula, and you can save on all the points you have put into mana regeneration, to put them elsewhere.

or
- It so happens that the "minus x to cost of spells" property is incompatible with the mods required ingame, and simply can't be present together in the list of mods.
or

-

For leveling, Elreon rings are indeed your best choice. For later levels, 70+ at least, your Blade Vortex will cost too much for te Elreon jewellry to help much, and you'll need the rings or amulet for Life, mana and resists, or even Dexterity.
Abisslayer, the Tank of Blades! - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1751060

Update; wow. I think I'm full build... and honestly, I'm shocked. I really didn't think the jump from rare amulet to Voll's would make such a HUGE difference. But it did-- from barely being able to pull through a 1 key run uber lab to a 4 key run without even using a single defense flask.

Spoiler
and alt gems

Do you have any suggestions for improvements that can be done on a tight budget of ~50-120c(prefer not to cash out my last ex ^^) op
Last edited by djfang on Oct 19, 2016, 3:30:29 AM
"
djfang wrote:
Update; wow. I think I'm full build... and honestly, I'm shocked. I really didn't think the jump from rare amulet to Voll's would make such a HUGE difference. But it did-- from barely being able to pull through a 1 key run uber lab to a 4 key run without even using a single defense flask.

Spoiler
and alt gems

Do you have any suggestions for improvements that can be done on a tight budget of ~50-120c(prefer not to cash out my last ex ^^) op

Yup, Voll's is absolutely insane for tanking. The traps are all Physical, so 99% of the time you can just walk over them getting NO damage since you have a full length Immortal Call up.

You might want to start working towards getting a level 21 Blade Vortex, that's quite a DPS improvement. Either that or maybe better jewels, or a Vinktar/Taste of Hate.

Just a quick one how much life and mana pool do u have?
"
Waycoolozs wrote:
Just a quick one how much life and mana pool do u have?

At the moment I have 6,256 life, 224 Energy Shield and 2,517 Mana.

"
Dysmal wrote:
"
EcchiOli wrote:

or
or

-

For leveling, Elreon rings are indeed your best choice. For later levels, 70+ at least, your Blade Vortex will cost too much for te Elreon jewellry to help much, and you'll need the rings or amulet for Life, mana and resists, or even Dexterity.

Aah, I see.

I reached level 30+ and now, to my great surprise, I'm starting to see it, indeed O_o
The mana usage sure can go fast, when aiming at 20 rotating blades, it's impressive.

Thank you for the clarification! :)

Now, could I ask something else please, about your budget description?

I'll quote it:

"
Main setup: Blade Vortex - Life Leech - Controlled Destruction - Added Fire Damage - Increased Area of Effect/Concentrated Area of Effect (I swap Inc AoE in for faster map clears, and Conc Effect in for tough bosses)
Aura: Hatred in the unique ring Essence Worm for 0% Mana reservation - results in more effective life for us due to Mind Over Matter!
Movement skill: Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify (It's fast AND can move across obstacles!)
Utility Gems: Vaal Haste + Blood Rage + Decoy Totem + Increased Duration
Utility Gems #2: Vaal Lightning Trap + Enduring Cry
CWDT Setup: Cast When Damage Taken lv20 + Immortal Call lv20 + Increased Duration + Summon Stone Golem
Curse on Hit setup: Blade Vortex + Curse on Hit + Warlord's Mark + Increased Area of Effect - The increased AoE gem here can be replaced by Increased Duration, but you'll often kill monsters before you can curse them that way, so I recommend the AoE variant!

I set in bold the part that seems odd to me: there is twice the Blade Vortex spell in there.

I tried having BV in two gears separately, and in my skills shortcut, I now have the choice between two variants of BV, each with their own linked effects.

How come? Should we choose which BV we run while crusing a map? O_o
Last edited by EcchiOli on Oct 19, 2016, 8:27:29 PM
"
EcchiOli wrote:

I set in bold the part that seems odd to me: there is twice the Blade Vortex spell in there.

I tried having BV in two gears separately, and in my skills shortcut, I now have the choice between two variants of BV, each with their own linked effects.

I'm not the op but I feel I can answer the last part of your question EcchiOli-- You only need to cast the curse-BV once. Then resume main BV casting. You get 1/20 stacks applying curse and 19/20 dealing damage and leaching. The variance in damage is hardly noticeable, but the leach/mana leach is! If you feel you don't need the mana leach, don't use the curse-applying BV. I only use it against VERY large packs+Bosses.

(if it helps to know i'm sitting on ~5100 hp and ~2600 mp)
Last edited by djfang on Oct 19, 2016, 9:13:11 PM
"
djfang wrote:
"
EcchiOli wrote:

I'm not the op but I feel I can answer the last part of your question EcchiOli-- You only need to cast the curse-BV once. Then resume main BV casting. You get 1/20 stacks applying curse and 19/20 dealing damage and leaching. The variance in damage is hardly noticeable, but the leach/mana leach is! If you feel you don't need the mana leach, don't use the curse-applying BV. I only use it against VERY large packs+Bosses.

(if it helps to know i'm sitting on ~5100 hp and ~2600 mp)

Still, that's not about leeching mana, as the second "optional" BV is linked to Mark, that's about generating charges that allow us to sustain long-lasting Immortal Call, something without which the build simply doesn't work, don't you think?

EDIT: I also realize that Romira's Banquet ( wiki ) provides power charges on non-critical hits, and that those power charges are converted to endurance charges by Voll's Devotion ( wiki ), which Immortal Call uses to provide permanent availability of 6-seconds invincibility.
... and that makes me wonder even more why there is the need for Warlod's Mark on Curse On Hit.

(I'm not trying to blame the build, OP, not at all! I want to do things right, simply, and when I don't understand, I ask, I hope I don't sound negative!)
Last edited by EcchiOli on Oct 20, 2016, 7:58:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info