[2.4]RighteouSplosion Elementalist

INTRODUCTION

This is a build guide for my RighteouSplosion Elementalist(part of the RigheouSplosion Sixpack)
It uses the essence league mechanics to make righteous fire far more powerful than it was before by adding burst damage while keeping the Cyclone+Elemental Equilibrium benefits of non-caster righteous fire

IMPORTANT UPDATES
If you are killing yourself from the fire damage or lagging too much from the vortex then check the section below titled "Alternative Purity setup"

None yet.

VIDEO

"Teaser"
Video Guide
Conclusions
Will it work in 2.5/Breach?

OVERVIEW

This is an elementalist who uses Righteous Fire along with some Essence jooce to deal burst damage and increase the strength of Righteous Fire.

We use Righteous Fire as our main method for dealing with Trash and our cyclone to proc Elemental Equilibrium as well as proc our splosions(Essence of Hysteria) while at the same time keeping our fortify up.

The Elementalist's main role in the RighteouSplosion Sixpack is speed clears of T9-T15 maps as its much faster and has far greater Area of Effect than most of the other RighteouSplosion variants.
Pros:

+ really good speed as far as Righteous Fire goes
+ You are likely to not die if you turn away for a second.

Cons:

- its extensive use of essences can make it vulnerable to the economic shifts.
- not as tanky as some of the other variants.

SKILL TREE

Witch
Elementalist
Passives

Ascendancy Points: Shaper of Desolation, Liege of the Primordial, Paragon of Calamity, Pendulum of Destruction

Bandits:Help Oak, Kill, Help Oak

LEVELING TREES

You can level as some form of AoE fire caster(Firestorm/Flameblast)
Spoiler

Don't be shy to pick up appropriate damage/life nodes on the path if you feel they are necessary, you can always respec some later.

Once you have the 69 tree, a Rise of the Phoenix and your Essence crafted weapon you can go for righteous fire.

SKILL TREE EXPLANATION
We pick up spell/fire damage on the way out of the witch and head through the centre to pick up life, regeneration, area of effect and some dexterity from the Marauder and Templar trees as well as grabbing Sovreignty and at least 1 jewel socket for Conqueror's Potency to get above 20% aura effectiveness for an extra +1 max fire resist(only necessary once you have a level 23 Purity of Fire)

JEWELS

Jewels with life/Resists as well as 1 Conqueror's Potency, for a boost to movement speed you may also consider

SKILL DPS

Enough...

GEAR

FLASKS

We use Witchfire Brew for that extra damage over time as well as the removal of the need to run a blasphemy.

We use 2 life flasks for healing, I prefer non-instant for RF because of our large life pool.

Additional Utility flasks can include Dying Sun(Expensive and not required) and Quicksilver/Basalt/Ruby/Granite flasks depending on content and preference.

GEAR EXPLANATION

Spoiler
Weapon

This is where our splosions come from, we use Essence of Hysteria on a Karui Sceptre for its attack speed and hope to get attack speed while praying we don't get any form of flat fire damage although other flat elemental damages help proc EE.

Off-Hand
Rise of the Phoenix

A massive help to our efforts to sustain Righteous Fire and also reasonably cheap.

Apparently leo shield makes it too easy to kill ourselves with Eye of Innocence.

Helm

A Helm crafted with an essence of Horror for 30% more elemental damage socketed with our Righteous Fire setup

Enchant: Purity of fire reservation for a larger functional mana pool or Stone/Chaos golem effect for extra defense.

Chest
Kaom's Heart

This gives us a massive amount of life as well as increasing our fire damage considerably.

Gloves

We craft an Essence of Insanity onto a pair of Dragonscale Gauntlets hoping for no life rolls below 60 and no flat fire damage while also hoping we have an open prefix to mastercraft life, We socket our cyclone and leap slam in here

Enchant: Commandment of Flames provides us with a nice burst of fire damage on first encountering a pack and greatly increased our clear speed.

Boots

armour boots with movement speed, resistances and life.

Death's Door is also a decent option if you feel the need for another endurance charge and to make our self-ignite last longer.

Enchant: life+mana regen helps sustain cyclone and gives us some extra life regen.

Amulet
Eye of Innocence

we use this to deal fire damage to ourself to proc Paragon of Calamity as well as ignite ourselves for the extra leech and attack speed from Mokou's Embrace

Rings
Mokou's Embrace

lots of fire+cold resist, some fire damage and some chance to be ignited(to gain leech from Eye of Innocence and attackspeed from Mokou's)

The Pariah

High life and a good spot to make our purity of fire level 23 without increasing its cost(requires a level 21 to be socketed, alternatively Voideye can be used with a level 18 purity of fire while losing the 100 life.

Belt

+1 endurance charge life and resists, the endurance charge isnt necessary but it is worth the trade if you have the currency.

LINKS AND GEMS(in order of priority)

Weapon -> Controlled Destruction, Elemental Proliferation, Fire Penetration(these will support our splosion)
Shield -> Enduring Cry, Flame Golem, Stone Golem(or Chaos Golem)
Helm -> Righteous Fire, Elemental Focus, Increased Burning Damage, Concentrated Effect(the aoe of the splosions coupled with the prolif means we rarely need to switch to Increased Area of Effect)
Gloves -> Leap Slam, Cyclone, Faster Attacks, Fortify(or life gain on hit if you prefer healing over fortify)
Boots -> Cast when Damage Taken(Level 1), Vortex(Level 1), Blade Vortex(Level 1), Determination

Aura Setup

Purity of Fire and Determination are used for more max fire res and more armour

Golem

We have a Flame Golem for damage and either a Stone or Chaos golem for extra defense.

Alternative Purity setup
If you are experiencing bad performance from all the vortexes or are somehow killing yourself from all the fire damage you're inflicting on yourself you may consider the following alternative:

Remove the CWDT setup in favour of running Empower(3)+Purity+Golems in your boots, this will make your golems stronger in addition to still giving you the level 23 purity of fire, Chaos golem actually gains 1% extra phys reduction at level 22 when doing it this way.

Alternative Ascendancies
Juggernaut
Ascendant
Pathfinder
Chieftain
Berserker

BoE
(BoE)skill=Righteous+Fire;item=Mokou's+Embrace;item=Kaom's+Heart;item=Rise+of+the+Phoenix;item=Eye+of+Innocence;defense=Life;cheap=true;hardcore=true;coc=false;crit=false;atziri=false(BoE)

THE END
Last edited by codraziel on Nov 23, 2016, 2:35:00 PM
Last bumped on Feb 13, 2017, 2:20:19 AM
is the pariah ring needed in this build or can i just go good rare ring cuse i can get the pariah
"
Trancid wrote:
is the pariah ring needed in this build or can i just go good rare ring cuse i can get the pariah

Its not required, it just helps with regen, a rare life+res ring is a great substitute
Added conclusions video
Added a little video confirming that it should work in 2.5
hey man, I tried your build this league and it's amazingly fun, just wanted to ask any replacements for EE? or do you think it would better to do it.
"
TehWafflez wrote:
hey man, I tried your build this league and it's amazingly fun, just wanted to ask any replacements for EE? or do you think it would better to do it.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it.
The EE resistance reduction is just too great for bosses to drop in my opinion, though the Elementalist variant out of all of them could probably take the hit to damage and still function, are you playing with someone dealing lightning/cold damage or something?
"
The EE resistance reduction is just too great for bosses to drop in my opinion, though the Elementalist variant out of all of them could probably take the hit to damage and still function, are you playing with someone dealing lightning/cold damage or something?

nah, I was just wondering how EE helped, but yeah the EE should make it easier. How did you manage to deal with mana regen?, I have some mana leech on my jewels but I really struggle to keep cyclone 100% uptime during boss fights.
Last edited by TehWafflez on Dec 18, 2016, 7:31:20 PM
"
TehWafflez wrote:
"

nah, I was just wondering how EE helped, but yeah the EE should make it easier. How did you manage to deal with mana regen?, I have some mana leech on my jewels but I really struggle to keep cyclone 100% uptime during boss fights.

Easiest way is to replace leap with blood magic and put the leap gem somewhere else, remove fortify for blood magic or the most expensive but strongest option is mana gained on hit jewels

Edit: I found that about 4 was usually enough, especially with the new cyclone radius it should be plenty.
Last edited by codraziel on Dec 19, 2016, 7:48:29 PM
"
Easiest way is to replace leap with blood magic and put the leap gem somewhere else, remove fortify for blood magic or the most expensive but strongest option is mana gained on hit jewels

Edit: I found that about 4 was usually enough, especially with the new cyclone radius it should be plenty.

do you think flat mana regen mod on jewels would work better instead of mana gained on hit?, also im reaching about 5.9k life on an elementalist, this is my first time going this far into mapping but comparing it to other builds it looks to be really low, and with flasks and so I reach about 18k armor and 75% ish phys reduction. tanky enough do you think?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info