[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Inquisitor - Viable for Everything

Really want to try this next league. Given the need for uniques right off the bat, as a first character in a new league, do you recommend leveling a bit higher with freezing pulse or firestorm?
"
roddyriot wrote:
Really want to try this next league. Given the need for uniques right off the bat, as a first character in a new league, do you recommend leveling a bit higher with freezing pulse or firestorm?

Firestorm I don't really like as a leveling spell. I think it's too weak compared to the other options. If you want to play Templar as your first char, just go with Lightning Tendrils + Flame Totem exactly like in the Leveling guide. You can definitely continue using them past lv 33 until you get WI. Of course you don't switch to CI until then.

In the last 3 leagues obtaining WI and the leveling items described in the guide was very easy. A number of people have been playing the WI Witch or Scion right from the start of the league, already running around with WI in a matter of hours from the patch, and now there is the Templar version as well.
I just love templar version of your build. Using suplhur flasks and Pious path ascendancy - the leech and regen is so good I can facetank any boss I had issues with other builds. And I have only 7k ES, lvl 84. I hope I will get better chest and push ES to 8,4 like you, because I would like to get some guardian at least.
"
lakyljuk wrote:
I just love templar version of your build. Using suplhur flasks and Pious path ascendancy - the leech and regen is so good I can facetank any boss I had issues with other builds. And I have only 7k ES, lvl 84. I hope I will get better chest and push ES to 8,4 like you, because I would like to get some guardian at least.

Inquisitor is the tankiest of the three. Not only he has all that nice synergy with consecrated ground, but also the free Augury aura that makes everything on the screen do 8% LESS elemental damage - that's much better than the Reduced incoming ele damage that the other two versions get.

The downside is that Augury doesn't work against ele reflect - you take damage from yourself, not from the enemy. So this version is the least equipped to deal with reflect.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 27, 2016, 11:27:21 PM
i followed ur guide, got good gear, cant even facetank minortaur for 2 sek
Firstly, thx for the build. Respeced on it from Doomfltech Prism.

Have 7.4k ES, 18 lvl 20q gems, 1476 int, 87 lvl
So far done all deathless: Rigwald, Overgrown Ruine, Abyss. All corrupted with no more than 2-3 dmg mods
Guardians:
Ghosted (!!!) Minotaur facetank 4 deaths (rly can be almost deathless, but he was so strong and my skills are bad :D)

Phoenix with 1 death (only on the half of the fight understood that he is deathless when minions alive)

Failed Hydra (almost-almost in culling range, i understood the technique only after -4 portal with only 25% kill). Probably shouldn't go enfeeble+2 dmg mods.

I'm not using Golem (RRRR ES-based boots are a bit crazy), so instead Vaal Discipline.

I'm not sure that i will be able to do Shaper without all gems 20lvl, 91 lvl char (+1 more Izarro's jewel and 30 int), mb 100-150 raw ES to get it to 8.4k. And even with all of this i'm not sure :D

P.s. Sry for my English ^_^
Last edited by _Slaviator_ on Oct 29, 2016, 4:23:26 PM
"
paraply wrote:
i followed ur guide, got good gear, cant even facetank minortaur for 2 sek

Mino is the easiest of the Guardians. Can't really guess what you are doing wrong without more info.
"
_Slaviator_ wrote:
Have 7.4k ES, 18 lvl 20q gems, 1476 int, 87 lvl
So far done all deathless: Rigwald, Overgrown Ruine, Abyss. All corrupted with no more than 2-3 dmg mods
Guardians:
Ghosted (!!!) Minotaur facetank 4 deaths (rly can be almost deathless, but he was so strong and my skills are bad :D)

Phoenix with 1 death (only on the half of the fight understood that he is deathless when minions alive)

Failed Hydra (almost-almost in culling range, i understood the technique only after -4 portal with only 25% kill). Probably shouldn't go enfeeble+2 dmg mods.

I'm not using Golem (RRRR ES-based boots are a bit crazy), so instead Vaal Discipline.

I'm not sure that i will be able to do Shaper without all gems 20lvl, 91 lvl char (+1 more Izarro's jewel and 30 int), mb 100-150 raw ES to get it to 8.4k. And even with all of this i'm not sure :D

What's your Icestorm tooltip? I wouldn't try Shaper with lv 18 gems.

Use the golem, you need DPS. Your boots are the correct colors, see the Links section. The ones that I am actually using are 4R cause I got a really lucky roll, but that's a mixed blessing: I can't support the golem with Minion Ele Res and he dies a lot.

Vaal Disc is basically an extra flask. For the fights where you need it you usually have the Purity setup and it has 2 sockets for Vaal Disc. For the rest of the bosses it's not really needed. But you can always put into the blue socket in the boots. Just no reason to drop the golem for Inc Duration.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 29, 2016, 9:39:44 PM
Ok, will review my gems. One more Black Sun with another colours is a need to use purities

7118 with flask
7290 flask+fire golem

576 millions of EXP is a pain -_-
Last edited by _Slaviator_ on Oct 30, 2016, 2:39:22 PM
Hi Sorry if this is a stupid question, but can you confirm that this build is Atziri viable?

Thanks in anticipation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info