[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Inquisitor - Viable for Everything

i feeled so tanky and wanted to give a shot for über lab.Results are amazing.TY for sharing this amazing build with us !

Spoiler

IMO Templar variant is BEST.Elemantal status immune is huuuge + extra cast speed 80 dmg inc makes icestorm stacks even more deadly

my items (int 1438)

Spoiler
"
Zuubi wrote:
Sometimes, when i try to cast Whispering Ice, the spell doesn't go off..I see my mana getting drained, but no attacks. Is it a bug? or is there something i do wrong?

I have never seen this happen. Check where your mouse cursor is.

"
"
and we don't have a cheesy OP way of instantly recharging flasks

I slightly disagree - we have an Overflowing Chalice, which is two in one: a sulphur flask, and "mini-pathfinder in a bottle".

P.S. Build is great, thanks, Kelvynn =D

I mean the boss fights. For trash clearing there is a whole lot of good flask options.

"
Baskanbey wrote:
i feeled so tanky and wanted to give a shot for über lab.Results are amazing.TY for sharing this amazing build with us !

Spoiler

IMO Templar variant is BEST.Elemantal status immune is huuuge + extra cast speed 80 dmg inc makes icestorm stacks even more deadly

"Be careful out there!" :)

Uber Izaro at lv 75 can be rough, depending on the day. Remember that he can whack you for 7.5k ES thru Fortify with a bad combination of buffs.

But yes, Inquisitor rocks against bosses. The buffs he gets from consecrated ground are very nice. And so is the 'Elemental Vulnefeeble' aura.

I'm growing really fond of this version of the build. Now, if only it could ignore ele reflect like the Witch version...
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 19, 2016, 6:54:31 PM
Hi great build, but we're having trouble getting the 2 curses in the chest piece to work.
The links are as follows CWDT, Temp Chains, Enfeeble, Curse on hit, Ball Lightning. Do the gems and colours have to be in a specific order? In short, does the setup have to be exactly as shown in your chest piece?

Thanks in advance

Gary and Jan.

AKA Molly and Nora.

Why are you running Ball Lightning to apply curses? Wouldn't Blade Vortex work too?
"
Margambro wrote:
Hi great build, but we're having trouble getting the 2 curses in the chest piece to work.
The links are as follows CWDT, Temp Chains, Enfeeble, Curse on hit, Ball Lightning. Do the gems and colours have to be in a specific order? In short, does the setup have to be exactly as shown in your chest piece?

You are probably using wrong gem levels. The order of gems doesn't matter. See the Important note in the Links section.

"
nyderic wrote:
Why are you running Ball Lightning to apply curses? Wouldn't Blade Vortex work too?

Ball Lightning is used to apply the curses because it hits everything near you as well as ranged attackers. You can use other skills instead (although BV is not good, it will only curse in a very small radius) but I haven't found anything as good as BL.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 21, 2016, 7:31:42 PM
Hey I'm curious why you get Pious Path instead of Inevitable Judgement, wouldn't Inevitable Judgement allow you to drop Fire pen from staff and put something like Faster Casting in (to give more cast speed then the node). Is the 4% ES regen that important?

edit: just saw it has status ailemnts too oops. Have you tried IE to see damage difference though?
Last edited by Ksinn on Oct 25, 2016, 4:35:58 PM
"
Ksinn wrote:
Hey I'm curious why you get Pious Path instead of Inevitable Judgement, wouldn't Inevitable Judgement allow you to drop Fire pen from staff and put something like Faster Casting in (to give more cast speed then the node). Is the 4% ES regen that important?

edit: just saw it has status ailemnts too oops. Have you tried IE to see damage difference though?

This is not a crit build, so Inevitable Judgement would only give us 10% fire pen and 20% inc dmg. At the cost of losing status ailment immunity, 60% inc dmg and 25% inc cast speed. That would be very unwise.

Replacing Fire Pen (38%) with some other gem like FC? I don't think that would work well. Fire Pen works wonders against resistant bosses, see Build Theory. I haven't tried it myself. Feel free to try and let me know if it actually works.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 25, 2016, 11:55:25 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

To calculate the value of a jewel, simply look at the sum of the values of these mods on it. Int is better than the same amount of Increased damage. Int will increase Icestorm damage by almost the same amount as a damage mod, but it also increases ES.

Can't understand why Int give the same amount of Increased damage. The Staff give us +1% damage per 10 Int, not per 1 Int. Can anyone explain?
Last edited by Mikav on Oct 26, 2016, 7:30:56 AM
Kill the videos of the shaper, you're with the aura of purity ice.
You put the gems with what link?
How you arrive to have as much mana with these be?
"
Mikav wrote:
Can't understand why Int give the same amount of Increased damage. The Staff give us +1% damage per 10 Int, not per 1 Int. Can anyone explain?

Replied in the Witch thread cause I saw it there first. Icestorm's BASE damage depends on your Int.

"
Nafelic wrote:
Kill the videos of the shaper, you're with the aura of purity ice.
You put the gems with what link?
How you arrive to have as much mana with these be?

See the Boss Guide. The way to use a Purity aura is described at the start of that post.

For the Shaper, if you want to use PoI you need a green gem in the helmet. I just have a second Black Sun Crest for the Shaper, because coloring the main one is too expensive. It's not required to use PoI for the Shaper, he's been killed with the regular setup too, but PoI lets you do it with cheaper gear, otherwise you'd need more ES to be safe.

For other targets where you want Purity (PoF for Uber Atziri and Phoenix; PoL for Minotaur with EW or -maxres mods) you don't need to change any colors since you already have a red and a blue socket in the helmet.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 26, 2016, 6:36:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info