[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Inquisitor - Viable for Everything

"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
Why you took Elemental overload? There is no crit nodes neither on gear. Does it really worth the points with 5% chance to crit?

Proc of overload is done by OrbOfStorms (17lvl+) with 4 split beams
"
Each hit has its own chance of being a critical strike, while other hits from the same orb may only do normal damage unlike other skills with multiple hits like Firestorm or Cyclone. Each hit also has its own chance to cause "on hit" effects.

You need it on bosses, where uptime for it 95%. In another content depend on your personal playstyle (99% for me).
It's worth 1 (!!!!) point for sure.

Also on bosses you should use it for triple-curse setup
Last edited by _Slaviator_ on Nov 3, 2016, 6:06:52 AM
"
_Slaviator_ wrote:
"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
Why you took Elemental overload? There is no crit nodes neither on gear. Does it really worth the points with 5% chance to crit?

Proc of overload is done by OrbOfStorms (17lvl+) with 4 split beams
"
Each hit has its own chance of being a critical strike, while other hits from the same orb may only do normal damage unlike other skills with multiple hits like Firestorm or Cyclone. Each hit also has its own chance to cause "on hit" effects.

You need it on bosses, where uptime for it 95%. In another content depend on your personal playstyle (99% for me).
It's worth 1 (!!!!) point for sure.

Also on bosses you should use it for triple-curse setup

Oh i see now, thanks!
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
Hell!
Pls check my gear!
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TheGrammaton/characters

Thank you!
"
TheGrammaton wrote:
Hell!
Pls check my gear!
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TheGrammaton/characters

Thank you!

29 Int chest, 24 Int gloves, 35 Int boots - not good for this build. Int is everything, ES is secondary.

Pyre is cheap and can have 35% fire res.

41%, 38% Izaro - weak, you can find much better Izaros or rare cobalts (see Gear-Jewels).

You are going for the jewels before the 3rd curse. That can be OK depending on your targets (don't need 3rd curse for Uber Lab, Atziri or most maps below T15). But I wouldn't recommend T16 without 3 curses.

Lv 9 CWDT in the chest = BAD. It must be lv 1. Don't level it! (see Links) Stop Ball Lightning at lv 4 too.

You really want to add quality to Faster Attacks. It's only good with 20q.

And of course level your other gems to 20/20, or buy them. Most of them are much easier to buy than to level, especially in Standard.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 3, 2016, 12:19:28 PM
Has anyone played around with Kativa's Thirst while leveling this build? I did last night since IceStorm costs over 100 mana. Tried summon skeleton, SRS, Firestorm with mana leech / Culling just to mess around- it was fun. It just got me to thinking heh.

BTW fun build so far. I am currently 51 and do appreciate your work on this guide, you did a very nice job with it.
Last edited by chaoticwon on Nov 3, 2016, 1:00:55 PM
"
chaoticwon wrote:
Has anyone played around with Kativa's Thirst while leveling this build? I did last night since IceStorm costs over 100 mana. Tried summon skeleton, SRS, Firestorm with mana leech / Culling just to mess around- it was fun. It just got me to thinking heh.

BTW fun build so far. I am currently 51 and do appreciate your work on this guide, you did a very nice job with it.

I haven't found a good use for Kitava's Thirst with this build yet. It has to be something better than 15% Int and +1 lv gems on Black Sun - that's really hard to beat. Skills like Firestorm or SRS are just toys for fun but they do nothing for DPS compared to Icestorm. And Int gives you more ES as well.

I'm totally open to endgame ideas about Kitava's Thirst. Just always compare them to 15% Int +1 lv gems first. Most of the Kitava ideas die right there.
Sup!
could you check my gear on ESC, and tell me what to upgrade next ?
currently using only disc + blasphemy, not enough mana to run AA currently

i have 8k ES, about 1500INT, facetanked phoenix explosion attack, and it feels awesome :D

how much dmg/ES is needed for shaper? nerver did it before, so iam scared..^^
name: Skysence
[discontinued] Dyadus Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1886525
[discontinued] Flame Surge Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1892524
Life is ethical
Life is Life.
Life is nonMETA.
"
cr4ck4r wrote:
Sup!

i have 8k ES, about 1500INT, facetanked phoenix explosion attack, and it feels awesome :D

Can't see your gear, characters are not set to visible in your profile.

How is that possible not to have enough mana for AA with 1500 Int? Are you not using Enlighten or Black Sun Crest?

For the Shaper, I'd say at least 7k ES and 7k Icestorm tooltip in hideout. If you have enough skill you can do it with pretty cheap gear. See one page back, the guy did it with a budget 1/3 of mine.

But you definitely need AA for the Shaper to survive the Slam. So fix that issue first.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 3, 2016, 6:51:56 PM
Spoiler
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
cr4ck4r wrote:
Sup!

Can't see your gear, characters are not set to visible in your profile.

How is that possible not to have enough mana for AA with 1500 Int? Are you not using Enlighten or Black Sun Crest?

For the Shaper, I'd say at least 7k ES and 7k Icestorm tooltip in hideout. If you have enough skill you can do it with pretty cheap gear. See one page back, the guy did it with a budget 1/3 of mine.

But you definitely need AA for the Shaper to survive the Slam. So fix that issue first.

aww.. should be visible now..
not using enlighten atm, not enough cromatics to color it right ^^

and btw.
what do you think about this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WynJSlny_Tg
seems to be like your build, but lowlife ? and still 10k es, thats impressive af! how is that even possible without CI?
[discontinued] Dyadus Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1886525
[discontinued] Flame Surge Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1892524
Life is ethical
Life is Life.
Life is nonMETA.
Last edited by cr4ck4r on Nov 3, 2016, 10:31:07 PM
Ok, after some T16 mapping (30+ maps). Easy mods are easy boss-kills (usually deathless) except of Hydra (i refuse to kill this piece of enoumously fast and furious shit). Hard mods (not mean reflect/hexproof/no leech/blood magic - i won't go this) becomes hard on bosses. Sometimes you would be unable to kill Guardian (but trash is easy, even double beyond is deathless). The border goes over the one shot on Minotaur (probably 3 dmg mods, 2 is doable with 3-4 death's) / high healthpool +1/2 dmg mods to Chimera (you will go out of flasks and die :D) / phoenix with -maxres will destroy you (or you can try to avoid his ALLAHUAKBAR-attack).
Usually i'm doing smthing like 90%q + 14-28 pack with beyond.

Also i want to change cwdt+immortal call setup, i can't feel any defences from it. For sure 3 vaal disciplines + increased duration will give more defences.
Mb templar version can have better use of boots 4l? Totem?
Last edited by _Slaviator_ on Nov 4, 2016, 11:32:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info