[updated for 3.0] poverty friendly cold convert hrimburn BV champion - 800k+ dps

Hello, I intend to make a bv starter for 3.0 as well and the champion seems like a nice choice but like Feluto mentioned before me,how about zerker for the savage hits or assasin for a crit based bv.

Also in your tree, you have taken Annihlation and the nodes near it. WOuld it not be better to go dual curse instead of that?
Hey OP,
I'm also playing SSF, been trying to figure out where to farm for Hrimsorrow and Emberwake.
Can't find anything on where they are most likely to drop from.
Got any tips?

ps. Nice to see you got Uber Lab video up n running, too bad it looks like char can't facetank his wind-up. But hey atleast it can run it ^^
"
Hey OP,
I'm also playing SSF, been trying to figure out where to farm for Hrimsorrow and Emberwake.
Can't find anything on where they are most likely to drop from.
Got any tips?

ps. Nice to see you got Uber Lab video up n running, too bad it looks like char can't facetank his wind-up. But hey atleast it can run it ^^

it can facetank the sword windup as well as the 2h mace smash. i don't think hrimsorrow and emberwake have an increased chance anywhere in particular. following the build to a T might not be the best option for ssf, however, you can always just scratch the cold conversion aspect altogether and run something else in place of hypothermia support. the final form of this build isn't too SSF friendly unless you get lucky.

if you can't manage to get a +1 curse amulet dropping annihilation and surrounding nodes for an extra curse is a good idea, i took the nodes to help with the uptime of EO. as far as zerk/assassin they're both viable options, i chose to stick with champion due to the defenses and group buffs provided in the ascendancy tree. taking assassin means you'd probably want to drop EO and with zerker, it's really debatable because you most likely wouldn't have the buff from taking a savage hit up too often unless you're intentionally taking damage to activate your CWDT setup

i apologize for my lack of detailed responses, it's been a busy weekend and i haven't had a whole lot of time to put into polishing the build. as soon as 3.0 hits the live servers, expect a massive overhaul to this build
Last edited by teek on Jun 18, 2017, 10:03:36 PM
How are you getting 600k DPS?

In the 3.0 Path of Building i'm getting 200k at the very most, and all of my gems are level 20.

I'm not using emberwake however since it got severely nerfed and PoB hasn't updated it yet. Is BV DPS calc bugged?

Edit: With all flasks active i'm getting 400k, i assume the other 200k is from old emberwake?

Edit2: Changed from Raider to Pathfinder and im getting 610k DPS with Ele focus instead of Hypothermia for a 40k DPS boost, should replace it back after getting veteran bowyer. Great build! Also replaced added fire with added cold since we're getting rid of emberwake. Here's the build if you wanna check it out: https://pastebin.com/yxQmNCCz
Last edited by Feluto9 on Jun 19, 2017, 10:53:09 AM
"
Feluto9 wrote:
How are you getting 600k DPS?

In the 3.0 Path of Building i'm getting 200k at the very most, and all of my gems are level 20.

I'm not using emberwake however since it got severely nerfed and PoB hasn't updated it yet. Is BV DPS calc bugged?

Edit: With all flasks active i'm getting 400k, i assume the other 200k is from old emberwake?

Edit2: Changed from Raider to Pathfinder and im getting 610k DPS with Ele focus instead of Hypothermia for a 40k DPS boost, should replace it back after getting veteran bowyer. Great build! Also replaced added fire with added cold since we're getting rid of emberwake. Here's the build if you wanna check it out: https://pastebin.com/yxQmNCCz

possibly a difference in jewels/gear, were you getting 200k with my link/gear or a fresh build with different gear?

don't forget to factor in pen from all sources(including frost bomb)
I'm thinking about trying a cold convert Duelist Build in 3.0 as well.

But I´m planning to use a Bow Build.
I intend to use Tornado Shot - Weapon Elemental Damage - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Physical proctile attack damage - Cold penetration - Hypothermia.

As Bow I intend to use Lioneyes Glare. It´s damage per hit isn´t as great as that of other bows but it has high attack speed and it requires no investment in accuracy.
Last edited by Lorkhan on Jun 21, 2017, 11:08:07 AM
added updated gem section to include arcane surge, as well as a swap for onslaught support for clearing maps in our BV link. arcane surge is ridiculously good for our build, 100% uptime when linked to whirling blades especially once you have a decent amount of attack speed

currently using BV - Echo - Concentrated Effect - Onslaught - Phys to Lightning. tried brutality, wasn't feeling it, we gain far too much damage from having flat added elemental to spells on weapons so i'm pretty sure this gem will be a no-go even before picking up conversion with this build.

dropping phys to lightning for controlled destruction when speccing into elemental overload (~70-75ish)

beta 3.0 skill tree updated for level 64. dropped early unwavering stance rush in favor for more health nodes.

current skill tree here

the route i took was -
rush to exceptional performance/potency of will (for duration)

grab nodes around Constitution for more health around act 5

continue to Retribution/Discipline and Training, picking up Amplify nearby

grabbed Occultist's Dominion and Heart and Soul nodes

spec down to Iron Reflexes shortly after

Vaal Pact/Revenge of the Hunted next

pickup Coordination and Blood Siphon after revenge of the hunted nodes

once in act 7/8 stockpile health nodes

after 64 start heading towards unwavering stance.

still to do:
complete leveling guide
skill tree examples for the beginning of each act
optimize route
Last edited by teek on Jul 6, 2017, 1:52:10 AM
Hello have to tested how well this build functions as an Atziri killer, especially with a 4L and shitty gear to simulate the start of a league? Also can you explain why you choose to stack evasion over armour on your gear? With a low life pool of 5.5k isn't it better to have more mitigation so things don't cause you to explode?
"
Uraweirdo wrote:
Hello have to tested how well this build functions as an Atziri killer, especially with a 4L and shitty gear to simulate the start of a league? Also can you explain why you choose to stack evasion over armour on your gear? With a low life pool of 5.5k isn't it better to have more mitigation so things don't cause you to explode?

YOu stack evasion in this build because you take the Iron Reflexes node which converts all evasion to armor.
updated OP with a new video from the most recent beta patch, t9 mapping with a 4link. haven't had a ton of time to put into playing lately but enough to know that the build is performing very well with arcane surge and minimal investment. total gear value is approx 12c, with essence worm occupying ~60% of the total value.

will update sometime soon with a full gear overview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bqI5zO45HI
Last edited by teek on Jul 12, 2017, 5:34:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info