[updated for 3.0] poverty friendly cold convert hrimburn BV champion - 800k+ dps

Just started this build as SSF beta, going well so far, wanted to see if this is viable for league starter, the only issue i will have is not having any enlightens, however with the use of mana flasks this isnt an issue. Will continue into act 5 tomorrow and see how my crap gear handles the new content.
"
Just started this build as SSF beta, going well so far, wanted to see if this is viable for league starter, the only issue i will have is not having any enlightens, however with the use of mana flasks this isnt an issue. Will continue into act 5 tomorrow and see how my crap gear handles the new content.

before i had enlighten i was just running without having herald up, depending on the content you're doing you can afford to either drop grace and run herald or drop herald and run grace.

once rallying cry is at a decent level (~12mana/sec) you can maintain 10+ stacks of bv without having to use a pot at all. i usually only use a mana pot to get the first 10ish stacks up with the exception of bosses.

let me know how it fares in act 5 for you!
Last edited by teek on Jun 14, 2017, 10:33:20 PM
the emberwake ring has changed ,now in 3.0beta ,"You can inflict an additional Ignite on an Enemy" ,
Teek

All i can say is WOW. Did normal lab as soon as i completed killing Malachai, went like a breeze, i went with First to strike node first for the additional layers of offence and defence, as soon as i started Act 5 the difference from that node is plain to see. First mini boss was a breeze, i believe i am going to enjoy this:)

Currently using a 4 link (i dont think i have prayed hard enough to the RNG gods for my 5 link, using (BV-Added fire-Controlled Destruction and Spell Echo).

I pathed for Iron reflexes, Winter Spirit, Braveryravery, Potency of will and just pathing towards unwavering Stance, when would you suggest to head towards Vaal Pact?

Maybe a suggestion is to have a break down of pathing for the notable clusters.

As it stands this build is very viable as a league starter/SSF

Appreciate the work that has gone in to provide this guide for 3.0

Will keep updated

Matt
Have they nerfed the bosses since launch of Beta as the other two chars i have done didnt have it as this easy lol.

Few bosses in and the only boss where i had to use a portal was Shavronne all others have been one shot with ease, this build is so bloody tanky and the damage is unreal with crappy gear.

Vaal Grace combined with Iron Reflexes is just disgusting (this is my oh shit move), can pretty much face tank any oh shit moments.

Still no 5 link and gloves are only 3 socket and nothing in, just shows how strong this build is.

I can only see this build getting stronger with gem level and passive tree.

Pushing for the Amplify node once i have that i will push for the Vaal Pact.
"
adztlove wrote:
the emberwake ring has changed ,now in 3.0beta ,"You can inflict an additional Ignite on an Enemy" ,

thanks for adding this, fortunately the stacking ignites wasn't too huge of a deal for this build as it has a plethora of damage even without an emberwake equipped. i'm super interested in how the tick damage changes will influence the final damage output of this build, hopefully i can get together enough gear in beta to do some testing and updating

"
Teek

All i can say is WOW. Did normal lab as soon as i completed killing Malachai, went like a breeze, i went with First to strike node first for the additional layers of offence and defence, as soon as i started Act 5 the difference from that node is plain to see. First mini boss was a breeze, i believe i am going to enjoy this:)

Currently using a 4 link (i dont think i have prayed hard enough to the RNG gods for my 5 link, using (BV-Added fire-Controlled Destruction and Spell Echo).

I pathed for Iron reflexes, Winter Spirit, Braveryravery, Potency of will and just pathing towards unwavering Stance, when would you suggest to head towards Vaal Pact?

Maybe a suggestion is to have a break down of pathing for the notable clusters.

As it stands this build is very viable as a league starter/SSF

Appreciate the work that has gone in to provide this guide for 3.0

Will keep updated

Matt

in the beta i personally pathed to it right after picking up potency of will, that way i could keep enough stacks up to create enough damage for the instant leech to be worth investing into. try to gather up as much health nodes as possible as well. revenge of the hunted (the evasion+life cluster right next to vaal pact) is worth investing into early as well. i ended up dropping elemental overload and shifting those points to revenge of the hunted until i have enough conversion to increase the value of overload.

as soon as the wipe goes through i'll post a detailed leveling guide, lately i've been messing around with a few other builds so i haven't had the opportunity to optimize a path for this build

glad to hear that it's going well for you, and yes please do keep me updated! :)
Last edited by teek on Jun 15, 2017, 10:23:54 AM
Looks like it going to be a clean wipe for next week with the addtion of act 8. Will be doing this build from scratch, again SSF.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1911656/page/1
Last edited by matthew24906793 on Jun 15, 2017, 11:59:36 AM
Just realised i have been doing Act 7 bosses with a 2 link BV - Controlled destruction, didnt notice the helmet wasn't 4 linked until just now HAHA just shows this build is OP.
turns out i had enough left in my legacy stash to throw together gear for an uber lab run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21-GRLjfM34

video added to main post
Nice build! Any thoughts on going a different ascendancy?

I'm thinking Raider/Assassin or even zerker would be better than champion. Have you tried it? Don't see the synergy between BV and champ.

EDIT: I just made a raider mockup, thoughts? https://pastebin.com/LfjeYDG2
EDIT 2: Optimized nodes to save 2 points
Last edited by Feluto9 on Jun 17, 2017, 7:07:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info