2.4 Coc Burning Vortex. 1-shot t15 bosses, great clearspeed. Shaper deathless. 11k ES, 5+ mil dps

This is much better than Facebreaker Phys Shield Charge I assume?
livejamie
In term of weapon, what is more important? I assume the 100% hit is 1st. How about att speed vs spell dmg? Spell cri chance vs cri chance?
OK guys, I am writing this post in hopes that I can help someone else who was in my situation - attempting to run this build and failing.

I was getting bored with breach league, recently watched Mathil's build video and thought, hey that looks fun. Put together a mix of his build, this one, and one from another similar PoE thread which references this one as well. They are all similar with a few exceptions. I also know that I have certain tendencies and as a result prefer certain curses/passive allocations to others, so I made it my own a little bit while still borrowing heavily from others, of course.

I started playing this build, with a very good budget that I built up, and I got REKT. I didn't know what was wrong. Tweaked my build a bit, got REKT even harder. All my tooltips were great, 10K ES, but was getting destroyed. Anyway, I'll keep my story short and simply post what I did to make this build work EXCELLENT for me, which hopefully may help some others too.

In short, I went more defensive. This build has tons of DPS. I needed some help.

- Went for Ghost Reaver/Vaal Pact. And using Warlord's Mark.

For me, this is MANDATORY. Life regen doesn't cut it. Life leech without Vaal Pact did NOT work. Ele reflect, even with elementalist ascendency, was not pretty and I couldn't recover fast enough. My health is now almost always at full. When I take a big hit and go down to 10%, it SHOOTS right back up. It feels so smooth and provides the sustain I need, although dropping jewel slots to path all the way to VP was painful, I admit. Warlord's mark feels great, and the extra endurance charges are nice, too.

- I took essence surge. Bought Death's Door boots with crit enchant.

OK, so I'm a bit lazy and perhaps not the fastest at mashing my flasks when I need to. Better players probably find this as way overkill, but for me, it was necessary. No more bleeding, no more waiting long periods of time for my ES to recharge.

Also, I got tired of unreliable crits. Especially on bosses - it made my life leech unpredictable, and if you have been trying empower instead of crit strikes gem or just generally going through packs of mobs without getting a crit proc, you will appreciate this boot enchant. I'm procing a lot more reliable now, and every time I would have a drought/bad crit RNG, my enchant kicks in and I get rolling again. Synergizes well with my life leech setup.

Even with all this defense, my dps is quite good. 30K average tooltip in hideout with AoE (no conc, but with my boot enchant active). 47K avg with conc. 55K in maps with 5 power charges up. With my new defensive setup, I have a MUCH easier time with ignite immune bosses such as the T13 Lair boss and Phoenix Guardian. Before I made these changes, I just didn't crit enough or have enough leech/recharge, and I would RIP constantly. Now I can do these bosses without a problem.

A few additional tips for dummies/build noobs like me, that may not have realized how important certain parts of this build are: make sure to run clarity with blood magic! Otherwise, you won't have enough mana even with clarity active. And don't do maps with conc effect - save it for tough bosses. The extra tooltip dps looks nice, but you'll clear 10x faster and take a lot less ele reflect with AoE.

Sorry for the wall of text - finally figured out how to make this build work for me personally and wanted to share.

Thanks to everyone for their guides/comments.
Last edited by Mopstah on Jan 26, 2017, 4:00:37 PM
---
livejamie
Last edited by livejamie on Jan 27, 2017, 1:58:32 PM
Anybody running The Green Nightmare in this build?
livejamie
Yes you can check my profile
to Mopstah:
I have had the exact same experience with this build, dps is quite nice, but staying alive is impossible.
I ended up doing similar things than you, warlord was essential for me with ghost reaver. Never could reach 10k es though, i sit on 8.9k.
Could you please post your tree (or maybe i can look up your profile actually? ) i wonder how you went for vaal pact, i sure wanted to try that, but it's quite far.

nvm for your tree, looking at it now!
Last edited by Veinos on Jan 29, 2017, 4:40:57 PM
Veinos, I'm glad you enjoyed my tips and I hope they were able to help. My profile is open so feel free to look. I don't think there is one thing exactly I did that helped me get 10k es, but I do have 197 es gloves, a 400 es helm and a 510 es shield. And a ring with es and es%. The usual stuff. 9k should be just fine too I think.

Vaal pact was tricky. But 100% necessary for me, couldn't play without it. As you can see I sacrificed some jewel slots. Only have 2 whereas most people have 3-4+.

Also make sure your crit chance is high enough. Crit strikes gem with a good dagger roll will ensure vaal pact keeps you nice and full all the time. Good luck.
"
LoOLoO wrote:
Yes you can check my profile

Awesome Gear mate, really awesome.
made a new toon to try this build out... i was originally playing a cwc vortex build so I had most of the gear already, apart from shield and dagger, and this build is so much better. the damage and clear speed is insane.

for anyone having issues with survivability i found that more damage helped a lot. i was originally on about 17k average damage of vortex with 9k es and was dying every 3 or 4 maps. i gained a couple of levels and got up to 29k average dmg (still 9k es) and i can't remember the last time i died. the only thing you have to be careful of is reflect. everything else is easy as you one shot it and don't really take any damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info