2.4 Coc Burning Vortex. 1-shot t15 bosses, great clearspeed. Shaper deathless. 11k ES, 5+ mil dps

Has anyone killed all guardians + shaper with this build this league? If so, was it relatively easy? or lots of dodging and long fight? I looked through the past few pages and haven't seen anyone saying they've killed shaper this league with this build. Mostly see posts saying they can't kill guardians with it.
"
Jouchebag wrote:
Has anyone killed all guardians + shaper with this build this league? If so, was it relatively easy? or lots of dodging and long fight? I looked through the past few pages and haven't seen anyone saying they've killed shaper this league with this build. Mostly see posts saying they can't kill guardians with it.

nothing changed from last league there are certainly people who have done guardians and shaper
This is the most fun & smooth build I've play this league. I have played dual scourge BF, LL blight-cwc-vortex poisoning, The Stampede (abbearth's hooves) before, however, this build give me the most smoothly play-style. Just holding space bar for shield charging and everything dies.

The damage is enough for carrying a 6-man party without a support, I joined a few T13 Gorge rotation and one-shotting every mob. Other party members can only catch up my movement speed but don't have enough time to attack, or can't even catch up my shield charge movement speed.

I did all guardians and shaper deathless, except phoenix which is really terrible as it's ignite-immune, just similar to the phoenix fight that shown in Mathil's CoC-Vortex elementalist video. For other 3 guardians and shaper, you just have to dodge a bit and land a big-crit vortex every 1 or 2 seconds, then the ignite damage will do the rest.

PLEASE remember that this build is regen-based, which means you have to dodge things regularly during boss fight. THIS IS NOT some CI-VP-GR face tanking build.

My character got 9.5K ES currently
26.2K Hideout DPS with AoE (lightning golem and aura only)
41.1K Hideout DPS with Conc Effect (lightning golem and aura only)

Here is my gear and a bit modified passive tree for min-maxing after reaching lvl 90.

Gear

Flask for Mapping:

Flask for Boss Fight:

Jewel

for Frost Walker node near witch area and providing frenzy charge generation
Double dip damage (~1.4K tooltip damage) :

Crit Multi (~2K tooltip damage) :

Level 93 Tree

I spec out spell crit & crit multi wheel (Doom Cast) near CI keystone, and respec those 5 points into spell crit node near witch area. By doing this, I can go for Frost Walker and put in my Green Dream jewel for frenzy charge generation, providing a smoother shield charge experience. Alternatively, instead of using Green Dream, you can use another Intuitive Leap near "Conduit" keystone and only pickup "Overcharged". This allows you to generate all type of charges on kill.

I also spec out Written In Blood and put those 4 points into witch's ES starting point. This will get relatively more ES.

I'm using lightning golem instead of flame golem because it gives me more attack speed for shield charging from packs to packs, which means more clear speed.

For jewel, a 40% double dip damage (spell/fire/area damage) gives ~1.4K tooltip damage, a single fire/spell damage with ~30% crit multi gives ~2K tooltip damage. They are selling at pretty similar price on poe.trade so I'd go for the crit multi jewel instead.

That's pretty much about my character.

Thanks OP for making a guide for this build. :D

Last edited by CuchulainnMC on Feb 2, 2017, 10:01:34 AM
Hey guys, thanks a lot to OP for the build and everyone else for the great info as well. I'm running this now too and loving it. I have a few comments and a question to ask of anyone wiling to help, though:

I'm running occulist. Was using it for my old build and thought it was worth trying to port over instead of re specing. I can confirm it's pretty darn good. Lots of ES, an extra power charge and 20% increased crit along with a third curse. It's not bad at all.

My concern is low burn damage. I tried to squeeze in an empower like Mathil did but I feel now my crit is too low. With 6 power charges it's around 48% for cyclone and vortex. Should I replace the empower with crit strikes gem? If I do I'm around 68% crit. Would that help my burn damage melt better like some videos I've seen?

Right now my tool tip is 23k avg damage in hideout. But as I've said the burn damage seems underwhelming. Running Wm, am, and discipline. Third curse is used by my friend I usually play with who uses vulnerability. Should I perhaps consider dropping Wm for ele weakness? If I have leech on my boots is that enough?

Thanks all.

Edit: ok, so I'm loving my vortex build as occulist. I really do. But every so often I'm getting one shot. Like, point blank sawed off shotgun to the face styles. Is this the handy work of elemental reflect? And will it force me to swap to elementalist?
Last edited by Mopstah on Jan 24, 2017, 12:42:55 PM
"
Mopstah wrote:
Hey guys, thanks a lot to OP for the build and everyone else for the great info as well. I'm running this now too and loving it. I have a few comments and a question to ask of anyone wiling to help, though:

I'm running occulist. Was using it for my old build and thought it was worth trying to port over instead of re specing. I can confirm it's pretty darn good. Lots of ES, an extra power charge and 20% increased crit along with a third curse. It's not bad at all.

My concern is low burn damage. I tried to squeeze in an empower like Mathil did but I feel now my crit is too low. With 6 power charges it's around 48% for cyclone and vortex. Should I replace the empower with crit strikes gem? If I do I'm around 68% crit. Would that help my burn damage melt better like some videos I've seen?

Right now my tool tip is 23k avg damage in hideout. But as I've said the burn damage seems underwhelming. Running Wm, am, and discipline. Third curse is used by my friend I usually play with who uses vulnerability. Should I perhaps consider dropping Wm for ele weakness? If I have leech on my boots is that enough?

Thanks all.

Edit: ok, so I'm loving my vortex build as occulist. I really do. But every so often I'm getting one shot. Like, point blank sawed off shotgun to the face styles. Is this the handy work of elemental reflect? And will it force me to swap to elementalist?

Crit chance has nothing to do with how big your ignites are - crit chance merely makes them happens more often.

It looks like you took a very defensive approach to this build, rather than the more offensive approach of the build creator. You skipped 56% elemental damage at shadow start and 39% spell damage, 20% area damage and 18% elemental damage at templar area. All of that damage double dips hit and ignite. You also only have 2 offensive jewels - jewels are a good place to get heaps of damage.

If you want big ignites, turn down the amount of ES and spec more into offensive nodes.
Hmmm good tips - thank you. To be perfectly honest, I kind of have a hybrid build between this one, another guide (which is linked to this one in references) and Mathil's recent guide. That's why the passive tree looks as it does. I will definitely consider specing out of some ES, I can spare some nodes for sure.

One point though - doesn't crit chance indeed impact how big my ignites are? For example, with low crit chance, when I do drop a vortex it's more likely to tickle them than melt them with ignite damage :)

"
Mopstah wrote:
Hmmm good tips - thank you. To be perfectly honest, I kind of have a hybrid build between this one, another guide (which is linked to this one in references) and Mathil's recent guide. That's why the passive tree looks as it does. I will definitely consider specing out of some ES, I can spare some nodes for sure.

One point though - doesn't crit chance indeed impact how big my ignites are? For example, with low crit chance, when I do drop a vortex it's more likely to tickle them than melt them with ignite damage :)

Spell crit won't affect your ignites damage. It makes vortex initial hit crit more often.
Last edited by CuchulainnMC on Jan 24, 2017, 8:25:42 PM
Oh, thanks for the clarification. I'm still kinda newish so not 100% up to speed on all the mechanics.

Can you tell me then, are all ignites crits? I mean, I have to crit to ignite right? But then is there another roll to determine if the ignite is 'regular' or 'crit'?
"
Mopstah wrote:
Oh, thanks for the clarification. I'm still kinda newish so not 100% up to speed on all the mechanics.

Can you tell me then, are all ignites crits? I mean, I have to crit to ignite right? But then is there another roll to determine if the ignite is 'regular' or 'crit'?

A hit of damage that has a chance to ignite is capable of inflicting ignite. Critical strikes inherently have a 100% chance to ignite. -- from http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ignite

If you're using OP's passive tree, you gain 5% chance to Ignite, Freeze, Shock from the "Elementalist" node in templar area. That means 5% chance for regular ignite from vortex, 100% chance to ignite when vortex crit.
"
CuchulainnMC wrote:
This is the most fun & smooth build I've play this league. I have played dual scourge BF, LL blight-cwc-vortex poisoning, The Stampede (abbearth's hooves) before, however, this build give me the most smoothly play-style. Just holding space bar for shield charging and everything dies.

The damage is enough for carrying a 6-man party without a support, I joined a few T13 Gorge rotation and one-shotting every mob. Other party members can only catch up my movement speed but don't have enough time to attack, or can't even catch up my shield charge movement speed.

I did all guardians and shaper deathless, except phoenix which is really terrible as it's ignite-immune, just similar to the phoenix fight that shown in Mathil's CoC-Vortex elementalist video. For other 3 guardians and shaper, you just have to dodge a bit and land a big-crit vortex every 1 or 2 seconds, then the ignite damage will do the rest.

PLEASE remember that this build is regen-based, which means you have to dodge things regularly during boss fight. THIS IS NOT some CI-VP-GR face tanking build.

My character got 9.5K ES currently
26.2K Hideout DPS with AoE (lightning golem and aura only)
41.1K Hideout DPS with Conc Effect (lightning golem and aura only)

Here is my gear and a bit modified passive tree for min-maxing after reaching lvl 90.

Gear

Flask for Mapping:

Flask for Boss Fight:

Jewel

for Frost Walker node near witch area and providing frenzy charge generation
Double dip damage (~1.4K tooltip damage) :

Crit Multi (~2K tooltip damage) :

Level 93 Tree

I used Intuitive Leap on jewel slot near templar area, saving me 2 points and gain 10% increased spell damage. You can use that extra 2 points for an extra jewel slot, or ES/damage/STR/DEX, just anything u want.

I spec out spell crit & crit multi wheel (Doom Cast) near CI keystone, and respec those 5 points into spell crit node near witch area. By doing this, I can go for Frost Walker and put in my Green Dream jewel for frenzy charge generation, providing a smoother shield charge experience. Alternatively, instead of using Green Dream, you can use another Intuitive Leap near "Conduit" keystone and only pickup "Overcharged". This allows you to generate all type of charges on kill.

I also spec out Written In Blood and put those 4 points into witch's ES starting point. This will get relatively more ES.

I'm using lightning golem instead of flame golem because it gives me more attack speed for shield charging from packs to packs, which means more clear speed.

For jewel, a 40% double dip damage (spell/fire/area damage) gives ~1.4K tooltip damage, a single fire/spell damage with ~30% crit multi gives ~2K tooltip damage. They are selling at pretty similar price on poe.trade so I'd go for the crit multi jewel instead.

That's pretty much about my character.

Thanks OP for making a guide for this build. :D

nice gear and i like your ideas with green dream

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info