The way to buff HP is to buff kaoms heart back!

"
raics wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
It will be insignificant and you have no mana regen with the shav ring. There are a few other pure ES regen sources in the game but, again, they are minimal. '5-6k regen' was a gross and misleading overstatement, that's all there is to it.

It probably doesn't matter. The point is we should try and imagine ourselves as PoE dungeon masters, how would you go about killing something that has a large buffer and replenishes it at a bullshit rate? We can't have half of the monster roster taking Bloodless and the other half using Frost bomb.

It's god mode, and that's supposed to be the ultimate evolution of your character, not something you can cobble up over the weekend.

Why should I care about killing everything as if players aren't supposed to ever hit 100? No need to think about that, GGG have a long and well-proven history of hating lvl 100 players - I'm sure they'll think of something. We have a total of 9 lvl 100 characters in both HC and SC temp leagues after one month, what else do you want? No one to reach it ever?

GTFO with the 'how to kill players' talk, by all indications the game is excelling at doing this at the moment.

*aggro increasing*
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
GTFO with the 'how to kill players' talk, by all indications the game is excelling at doing this at the moment.

Yup, we had this talk before and I still think the difficulty level is in a pretty good spot if you aren't playing anything overly broken.

Unfortunately, it's the wrong kind of difficulty, and for HC the worst possible kind in fact.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 1, 2016, 7:28:48 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

Yup, we had this talk before and I still think the difficulty level is in a pretty good spot if you aren't playing anything overly broken.

Unfortunately, it's the wrong kind of difficulty, and for HC the worst possible kind in fact.

Completely agree here but that's a different talk :)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Yeah, well, I don't think we would be having this talk at all if not for that talk :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
You either have the regen or you have VP.

I suppose you can have regen and VP with Shav ring and a few other tricks but certainly not too much of it.

Ghost reaver + ZO + acuity's and you can technically have both to a sufficient extent.

You would easily reach around 1400 es regen per sec and instant leach vs boss encounters.

All highly irrelevant since regen modifiers are the main source of pack size increases so ultimately you build around leach and not regen to push high lvls.

@raics your earlier post summed it up, blue life isn't blue life anymore. It's "just life" with a higher exploitable buffer and tree node allocation. As well as functional % based scaling with a main stat.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
@Bars: I meant recovery of course, not regen. My bad. With Soul Strike they're pretty much the same thing though, to the point where I've started confusing the two.

Anyway, the point of my post had nothing to do with the numbers provided - as I said I literally conjured them out of thin air.

The point I was trying to make was how do you reasonably expect to kill players with massive EHP pools, very high regen/recovery, instant leech and insane DPS to boot? Oneshots is more or less the only way to do it, and I think that's painting yourself into a corner. I don't see how GGG are going to address that unless they do something drastic, like what I proposed or something similar.

Are we really happy with content that 99% of the time is a safe and tedious drag, with the occasional oneshot now and then? I don't know about you but it doesn't feel good to me. A more gradual increase in difficulty is both more challenging and more interesting, not this spiky "boom you're dead" bs. I get the same feeling as I do from D3's greater rifts here. All is good as long as you don't get hit by anything, because if you do you're dead. Awful design, just awful. There's got to be a better way.
"
Ceri wrote:
Spoiler
@Bars: I meant recovery of course, not regen. My bad. With Soul Strike they're pretty much the same thing though, to the point where I've started confusing the two.

Anyway, the point of my post had nothing to do with the numbers provided - as I said I literally conjured them out of thin air.

The point I was trying to make was how do you reasonably expect to kill players with massive EHP pools, very high regen/recovery, instant leech and insane DPS to boot? Oneshots is more or less the only way to do it, and I think that's painting yourself into a corner. I don't see how GGG are going to address that unless they do something drastic, like what I proposed or something similar.

Are we really happy with content that 99% of the time is a safe and tedious drag, with the occasional oneshot now and then? I don't know about you but it doesn't feel good to me. A more gradual increase in difficulty is both more challenging and more interesting, not this spiky "boom you're dead" bs. I get the same feeling as I do from D3's greater rifts here. All is good as long as you don't get hit by anything, because if you do you're dead. Awful design, just awful. There's got to be a better way.

to be fair, i should be able to watch Panty & Stocking while killing the shaper.

So if that's the aimed baseline, GGG achieved their goal, though for a very strict subset of builds.

Peace,

-Boem-
Let's remove Vaal Pact.

Because there's nothing I love more in an ES build other than dying every single time I encounter a single pack of white porcupines.
"
Apos91 wrote:

Because there's nothing I love more in an ES build other than dying every single time I encounter a single pack of white porcupines.

"
Ceri wrote:
"
Apos91 wrote:

Don't respond to arguments that are non-existent.

Replace "ES" with "life based non-vaal pact" and see how that argument sticks.

Bullshit is bullshit and not even worth calling an argument.

Peace,

-Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info