The way to buff HP is to buff kaoms heart back!

"
Char1983 wrote:

Alternatively, nerf ES nodes. Buffing life nodes will make the difference between taking five more life nodes and not taking them larger, which in turn means it is more important and thus more required to take all you can get.

Also I think the combination of very high ES pools and instant leech is.... a bit much. Instant leech generally is not exactly a great design.

IMO when you have two options in the game where one is bad and the other is good, the solution is to make the bad one better, not the good one worse :3
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:

Alternatively, nerf ES nodes. Buffing life nodes will make the difference between taking five more life nodes and not taking them larger, which in turn means it is more important and thus more required to take all you can get.

Also I think the combination of very high ES pools and instant leech is.... a bit much. Instant leech generally is not exactly a great design.

IMO when you have two options in the game where one is bad and the other is good, the solution is to make the bad one better, not the good one worse :3

That holds true if you want to stay in spiral which preserves all the current mechanics forcing everybody in the current "good option".

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

That holds true if you want to stay in spiral which preserves all the current mechanics forcing everybody in the current "good option".

Depends on how much you buff the inferior mechanic - life builds could have strong arguments going for them if their raw numbers weren't so low for the current state of the game, like having easier and more effective flat damage mitigation options. It's not such a simple game of numbers as life gear gives benefits ES gear doesn't.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
There are primary buffer pools, life, energy shield and mana if MoM based.

And secondary defensive layers.

You can't touch the secondary to improve upon the primary.(since they overlap on the primary layers)

GGG entangled themselves in their best selling point, everything can utilize everything.

There are easy ways to remedie all these issue's, but none of them ensure the economical future of PoE, which is exactly why we see the passive attitude and the lack of will to move forward.

It's the same faith melee vs ranged is suffering from. Easy solutions to address the issue, but the lack of desire out of fear for the economical future.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Bars wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:

Well, I don't think so, because it generates power creep, and power creep generates a whole lot of other problems (it does, admittedly, also sweep some older problems under the carpet specifically in permanent leagues).

However, too much power creep makes balancing the end-game for everyone MUCH harder because the character strength differential is much bigger (i.e. the power of different level 90 characters varies by much more than if there was generally less power in the game).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
SHUSH HERETIC GO PLAY BV!

JUST BECAUSE IM PATHFINDER DOESN'T MEAN IM BV GODDAMNIT

Gonna go pout in a corner now... :S

Didn't you hit Lv 100 as a Raider and then switch to Pathfinder? Nice try, buddy! :)

And if you are playing one in Essence League and are not using BV...then you must be crazy!

Oh wait...I don't play this game anymore...*cloak re-engaged*. :D
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
SHUSH HERETIC GO PLAY BV!

JUST BECAUSE IM PATHFINDER DOESN'T MEAN IM BV GODDAMNIT

Gonna go pout in a corner now... :S

Didn't you hit Lv 100 as a Raider and then switch to Pathfinder? Nice try, buddy! :)

And if you are playing one in Essence League and are not using BV...then you must be crazy!

Oh wait...I don't play this game anymore...*cloak re-engaged*. :D

I... I... Made all my Rangers Pathfinder.

They just... Drink flasks.

Actually all bow characters of varying item/skills/themes though, so that's nice :D

PS don't leave us
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
A easy solution would be to hybrid the life nodes with other stats or to condense the amount of life nodes on the tree so it can be as efficient as es.

The scion life circle could be be 6 nodes instead of 8, random clusters of 4 can be clusters of 3 instead ect.

3 clusters should have other stats attached to them.

Slightly increased the stat gained per level and strength, by like 2 points or something.
"
The way to buff HP is to buff kaoms heart back!

it would be the most STUPID ever balance move from GGG if it is the case.
IGN TylordRampage
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info