[2.4] Cospri's Malice Flicker Strike Assassin || Insane Clear Speed and Defensive

man, seriously, 11% evasion difference? 45 to 56?

Dodge and spell dodge is totally crap, it never been good. At all. It's not mitigation.

It may help sometimes but it's optionnal. The new trend is to skip spell dodge to take more hp nodes because ppls realize it's a noob trap.

Mitigation means reducing the odds to receive higher damage than your life pool.
Not reducing the chance to be struck X times.

The difference is huge: If you receive 3 times 2500 damage and 2 times 3500, and your life pool is 3000... ?

With the 3 times 2500 you have 3 opportunity to heal 500 hp.
with 3500 you have 0 opportunity to heal, you die.

With dodge and block we do not change the 3500-> 0 die, we improve the chance to not get hit.

But if the pool is high enough, it becomes useless to not get hit, especially if we can heal afterward fast enough.

and the dangerosity of a 6k+ hit is the same with dodge or without. Then you pray and keep your ass tights to dodge the hit... but it's better to prevent it in the first place.

You are right for the proc chance, it's low and this is why void legacy is better but it's not not viable, but you did a mistake, you calculate the proc chance with the hit chance, twice.

you didnt understood me, it has 120 % chance to poison against bleeding oppnents

In fact i made a mistake as you noticed, you are right it's 70% and not 80, i have the habit to use fatal toxin in my others builds. and 110% on bleeding target. attacks have 80% chance to bleed too. Honestly not too bad on the rng factor.

Personnally i would have used a 6L cospri will but... at the start it was a budget build !
But with your 9 EX weapon ya can talk! We could also drop the ring and use poison gem instead. Doesnt hurt much, crit mult gem can be compensated by the poison damage gem plus a good ring flat phys crit ring& life.

And sorry, i didnt know you was this poor, you use a 9 EX weapon after all, bino is 1 chaos...
Wait, my build is actually cheaper than your, because of your weapon. LMAO. And GG , your 4 ex armor for 50 chaos was a good deal

i bought this one 5 chaos and used 320 fusing on it. it still worths 6 ex, not 2 ^^
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Oct 16, 2016, 10:47:46 AM
You do realise prices are different in standard and essence? I bought this weapon 3 weeks ago for 90c lol.

Hey you want to buy my chest for 4ex? I'll gladly sell it to you. I can roll the exact same chest with 3 essences.

With dodge and block you improve the chance to not get hit. That is correct. I have 33% higher effective block chance. That means you die 50% more times than me, since every hit is an OS according to you (0.75/0.5).

Again, I highly stress this. Just make a video? It's so simple. Please stop posting btw, I cbb replying all the time.
Last edited by cookees on Oct 16, 2016, 11:04:37 AM
No, according to me, to block low damage is useless because it can be healed easily.
However when a OS is coming it's either telegraphed or done by a shitty mechanic, and with dodge you could die and without dodge you could die. then you play the russian roulette to stay alive.

i dont die 33% more, 25% block chance and 50% block chance is a difference of 1 hit on 4.
Yes you can stay that by attacks you can be OS half the time and me 3/4 of the time.

So it's 50% More. It sounds silly heeeeeeey? Because the comparison is completely dumb.

And by spell you die 60% of the time and me 100% of the time.

However thoses mechanics are dodgeable and you wiiiiiiiiiiilll dodge them, you will not try the luck and face tank. so dodge is just..... hmm... russian roulette.

WTF man, play standard ffs, 90c cospri 50c decent 6L, loko like you are a great scammer man.

Ok so prices are low when you decide, and high when you decide. Dang hey, you know what, i looked the prices on poe.Trade before posting. In standard. are we both wrong or both right.

Or are you making a fuss because we dont play the same league.

Btw for the video, you ask me to make a fukin video with a bad internet and all? I havent even made a video for my artifically inflated, too bothersome.

I need 10 hours to upload a video with my internet, it's quite lame and frustrating.

Again, if you do not believe me, i dont fukin care. Your build is quite uneffective compared to his cost in standard. I offered you something with less rng defense(which is only good on paper and never in practice: it never works when you need it)similar hp, but with better DPS, if it took you 20 seconds to kill a boss it would take 5s max with this one, lower is even doable!

And now you are like naaaaah i dont believe you, naaaaah it's faaaaaalse, naaaaaaah your math is baaaaaaad, aaaaaah blablabla.

I'm not overly optimistic, believe it or not. Try or not, it's not the first time that i make such builds. If you can only doubt ppls who try to help you to improve, well fine, doubt all you want, maybe you will make a similar build a day by yourself and find it far more effective than expected.

Can you stop to critize two seconds and think straight? Of course there is downsides when you improve dps.

Now tell me: is a shorten boss fight from 20 seconds to 5 seconds a good thing?

Now let's say the boss strikes 10 times in thoses 20 seconds, once each 2 seconds. Each hit can OS.

you have 50% dodge, 5 hits can kill you within 20 seconds.

i have 25% dodge, 1.75 hits could kill me within 5 seconds.

Does the downside worths it?

Last edited by Geisalt on Oct 16, 2016, 11:12:29 AM
Last edited by cookees on Oct 16, 2016, 11:20:44 AM
Well, yeah, it's funny like this.

Did you made an oro's flicker thread in the past, with an other account which got banned by GGG? are you Captain something? You have a similar behaviour than this dude.
Last edited by Geisalt on Oct 16, 2016, 11:17:12 AM
Last edited by cookees on Oct 17, 2016, 7:12:16 AM
It's actually what the build worths, a flicker build which cannot kill t13 bosses with flicker has a problem, and if it takes 20 seconds for gorge with a secondary skill, the problem is bigger.
@Geisalt

You've already made it clear that you just want to make people look at your flicker build and get attention for it, that's why you choose to complain about other people's flicker builds such as mine, CaptainWarlord's and others.

It's okay, I understand.

You know, there are plenty of methods you can try to promote your build. For example, try posting a video and people might start looking at your build. Try posting your build on reddit, and people might see it and comment on it.

I know you put a lot of effort into making your build and your calculations, and you want attention for it. But you really don't have to resort to these type of methods...

To everyone reading this post, please check out Geisalt's build. If you can, leave some encouraging comments there as well to cheer him up.
Last edited by cookees on Oct 17, 2016, 7:14:49 AM
But you made this whole story in your own mind, i'm not here to bash you, nor i want to promote my build, i'm here to tell you the truth. This (your, not mine) build has problems and you should fix them to make the build VIABLE. Ok it clears, but cannot kill bosses fast enough. Nobody want to spend 20 seconds on a t13 boss, just what the heck is this? If you reduce it to 10 seconds, it will acceptable.

I'm not asking you to delete the thread, but it lacks dps and it's not defensive when you say it's defensive! Something should be done!

It's not finished, how can you improve it? is there a way too boost the spike damage on bosses?

Have you tried the cheapest option? vaal lightning trap + increased duration? 50% extra dps against the boss! already faster! Maybe it's killable with flicker.

Have you tried self cast frost bomb or CWDT lv1 frost bomb ? 20 % pene against boss! 20% damage! With frost bomb and shock, the difference is 70!

OK i know, double strike attacks twice per use and all it's faster than cyclone with multistrike, so you are closer of the 0.1 GCD of cospri.
This idea is interresting! but it's not enough to kill fast ! DEEP PEA S

So when you improve the burst dps against bosses and find a way to make it really defensive by reducing damage taken to avoid most OS (hi enfeeble), the build will be a good one.

Why not doedre's dreaming instead of a rare ring, then enfeeble instead of herald of ice ? Enfeeble, it doesnt help the clear speed much but herald of ice doesnt too ( mobs are killed by ice nova, not by the shattering explosion). And the damage is negligeable against boss because there is no monsters to shatter, the 47 cold is good on the attack part and is 10% of ice nova. Ok.

But enfeeble is so powerfull you could even remove arctic armour instead!
35 curse+35 curse+25 herald = 95% mana + enlighten 3= 87

13% mana is enough, and you are now really tanky.

Lucky, you have mana leech on the tree, so no mana problem!

"

Lose ring res and life blabla bla, hexproof mods blabla

enfeeble is so powerfull, and is only needed against bosses and some ultra buffed rares with totems nearby to prevent oneshots, or nasty mods on maps. Hexproofs mobs are rare.
The res can be find somewhere else, the life is not a problem: enfeeble gives much more than the loss of hp.

enfeeble is 18% less damage from all sources after reduced curse effectivness against bosses, while arctic armour is 12% physical and fire. Enfeeble reduces chance to receive crits, accuracy and crit mult, it's so imba. all of this "double dip" with your decent evasion ! It prevents a lot of Oneshot potential. ( not all, volatile could still kill you).

Temporal chain is also great, you chill so bosses are 53% slower with temp... but doesnt prevent unlucky OS.

So you need Frost bomb + vaal lightning trap+ increased duration :With the extra dps, i believe one frost bomb + one vaal trap are long enough to end the fight. You kill him 71% faster.

The burst dps becomes far higher. I dont have the dual strike aps and dps but if it was 300K with 51 pene previously it becomes 513K.

plus doedre + enfeeble instead of arctic armour: You already have enough mana.
You will find a way to cap resistance/accuracy/stat, and it will be faaaaaaar more defensive, even enough to be called "defensive" in your thread title. (No joke here, enfeeble is totally op)

and yes, the point of being defensive is to prevent potential oneshots from critical strikes done by bosses or ultra buffed rares ( aura totem, other shit). Other things are easily healable with decent life pool.

Only malachai/guardians/shaper/uber atziri/uber izaro buffed... are dangerous, so a real defensive build should be able to do thoses things, but it's quite difficult on a budget, so imma not throw the rock at you.
Other than that, if you dont care about an OS sometimes... defense has 0 utility, unless maybe some extra damage mods, so it may save chaos spam when rolling maps but it reduces the clear speed or the boss killing speed.

And so, are you really captainwarlod? i didnt even said his full nickname and he is was not soso known.
I had a similar exchange with him, and in the end his flicker oro evolved into something great. not saying it was because of me, but he reacted and changed the build to better.

Doesnt matter really.
But damn son, you are so stubborn and refuse to evolve. Things can change for the better. Just try. Why do i have to do the optimization for you? Cant you use your head instead of mine?

But even with thoses optimizations, the concept lacks efficiency. Physical crit does far better, with a similar cost

Oh and on essence, cospri malice worths 4.5 ex for the medium price (i dont think ppls sell thoses at 90c, nor at 3.5 ex, probably fake prices to buy them cheaper and resell in bulk later at higher price)

There is 3 at 1 ex or below ( i dont know if they really sell them or try to reduce the overall price, as said before?), a lot of corrupted ones at 4 ex and the legit ones are at 4.5 - 5 ex.

Nice one. 90c nice scam c_c
Last edited by Geisalt on Oct 17, 2016, 9:28:05 AM
I don't agree with Enfeeble as the loss of life, resistances and intelligence from a rare ring as well as the loss of arctic armour make it not a very welcoming option. Furthermore, bosses have 60% curse reduction and as a result, Enfeeble is not a great defense against OS from bosses. Also, they offer no protection against Hexproof monsters and in Hexproof maps. In that regard, AA is better.

Also, your proposed setup of 2 curses + HoI + Enlighten level 3 requires 5 links because Blasphemy takes up a link as well. If you leave HoI out of the setup, this puts me at 10% mana unreserved, which is a bit sketchy given the high mana cost of flicker strike. Unless we grab another Enlighten level 3, which is a bit too expensive given my budget.

Frost Bomb and Vaal Lightning Trap are interesting suggestions that I will take into consideration.

No I am not Captainwarlord. And if you had offered potential suggestions in the first place rather than attack me and my build, then I would have responded differently. In the future please maintain a civil level of discussion.

Also I purchased Cospri's Malice 3 weeks ago when the prices were 90c, before the item was popularized by streamers.

Let's end this conversation here. If you have any more questions or statements, please send me a message directly rather than posting on the thread.

Last edited by cookees on Oct 17, 2016, 9:53:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info