[2.4] Cospri's Malice Flicker Strike Assassin || Insane Clear Speed and Defensive

INTRODUCTION

Hey guys, this is my build guide for my Cospri's Malice Flicker Assassin currently in the Essence league. This build harnesses the high attack speed of Flicker Strike to proc multiple overlapping Ice Novas that shatter enemies.

This build is extremely fun to play and destroys through content extremely fast (reaching 300 million experience per hour easily).

This build has an moderate budget, with the only expensive component being Cospri's Malice itself (currently around 4ex). Defensively, we have high Evasion rating, Block, AA, Dodge and Spell Dodge. We also have Life Leech and a moderately high life pool.

VIDEO

Tier 13 Gorge at level 84

http://youtu.be/ZLgbTHef29M

OVERVIEW

Pros:

+ Insane clear speed
+ Very Flashy
+ Very Fun
+ Defensive
+ Freezes Whole Screen

Cons:

- Truly shines when all the pieces of the build come together.
- Can't Run Elemental Reflect and Blood Magic maps.

SKILL TREE

Shadow - Assassin

Passive Tree (For level 91)

Ascendancy Points: Unstable Infusion, Deadly Infusion, Ambush, Assassinate.

Bandits: +Life, +Attack Speed, +Power Charge

LEVELING TREE

Levels 1-34

Passive Tree (For level 34)

Levels 34-61

Passive Tree (For level 61)

Levels 61-91

Passive Tree (For level 91)

SKILL TREE EXPLANATION

Generally on our skill tree, we take elemental, crit and weapon damage where efficient. Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics are used for defense and we also take 2% Life Leech from the tree. We also take 6 power charges to maximise the benefit from the ascendancy.

Attack Speed is not gotten as much, so it is important that we get some on jewels. However, make sure you do not exceed 10 APS or else you will go pass the cooldown of Cospri's Malice.

Deadly Infusion gives us a huge crit chance bonus and Ambush/Assassinate help a lot to get the build going. Assassinate is great against bosses.

With the crit from the skill tree and some on our gear/assassin's Mark, with a diamond flask, we should be able to maintain 95% crit easily.

JEWELS

Jewels are a very important component of our build. Try to get cold damage and attack speed on them. Also try to get crit multiplier, accuracy and critical strike chance. I highly recommend getting life on your jewels. If you can't find any life jewels, then it would be best to take some more life nodes to compensate. My current skill tree assumes that you are getting life on your jewels.

SCREENSHOTS

Flicker DPS

* 9 APS, so the DPS is around 100k with Cold Penetration

Ice Nova DPS

*100k DPS with 9 APS

Therefore, the total DPS is around 200k, since we trigger the Ice Nova on the Flicker.

Defense at level 87

GEAR

GEAR EXPLANATION

Spoiler
Weapon

Our Weapon is Cospri's Malice which is mandatory for this build. Inside Cospri's Malice we put Ice Nova. Cospri's is the most expensive component of this build and generally fetches for around 2 exalts. The 257 intelligence requirement is something to note when choosing gear. The blade has a cooldown of 100ms so make sure your APS is below 10 or your procs become unco-ordinated.

Shield

For our shield, we ideally want a shield with high evasion and life. Resistances are important too. I got my current shield for very cheap, but I recommend getting one with over 1000 evasion if possible.

Helm

For our helm, we ideally want a helm with some evasion and accuracy. High Life and resistances are great as well. But it is very good to try and find a helm with the enchantment "Blood rage has a 30% additional chance to grant a frenzy charge on kill". This will help a lot with sustaining your Frenzy charges for Flicker Strike.

Chest

For our chest a 6L is preferable, but a 5L works fine as well. If you can afford it, try to get a 6L Kintsugi or Lightning Coil as they will improve your defense by a lot. With essences, you can also craft some pretty neat rare chests as well.

Gloves

For Gloves, we need a Facebreakers. The damage it provides is insane. 90% crit multi is huge considering that we are almost always hovering around max crit chance. If you can afford Atziri's Acuity, you can try using that. The instant leech will allow you to run elemental reflect maps as well.

Boots

For Boots, we generally want boots with some good evasion. Try to get high intelligence on your boots if you can, as it helps a lot when meeting the 257 intelligence requirement of the sword. Get high Life and resistances. Movespeed isn't that important since we will be using Whirling Blades.

Amulet

For the Amulet, we want an amulet with high crit multiplier. That is the most important affix. Then try to get good accuracy, crit chance, life and resistances if you can. Also get some stats such as strength or intelligence where necessary. Added cold damage and weapon elemental damage is also great to have.

Rings

For our rings, we want diamond rings if possible. If you can't get diamond rings, try to get some good resist rings. Try to find good accuracy rolls and resistances. Also get intelligence to meet the Cospri's requirement. Added cold damage and Weapon elemental damage are also pretty nice to have.

Belt

For the Belt, we want a leather belt with high WED. Try to get high Life and resistances if you can as well. If you can get some flask mods, that would be really nice too.

Flasks

Flasks are very important for this build and a lot of our defense and survivability relies on our flasks. I recommend having one seething divine flask and one eternal flask. Diamond flask is essential to maintaining a very good crit rate and should be up almost all the time. Sapphire Flask is nice vs reflect packs and jade flask is good for tanking bosses. But you can also fit in an Atziri's Promise where necessary. Stibnite Flasks and Basalt Flasks can also be substituted into the build.

LINKS AND GEMS

Ice Nova Setup

For Ice Nova, the above setup is used. Make sure the Ice Nova setup is inside Cospri's Malice. Cold Penetration is important, Increased Critical Strikes is optional. I prefer it for more consistency, but you can replace it with Controlled Destruction or Added Cold Damage.

Flicker Strike Setup

This is the Flicker Strike setup. MultiStrike, WED, Melee Splash are mandatory. If you have a 5 Link, you can choose between Cold Penetration or Added Cold. Added Cold actually provides a substantial damage boost (50%), since we don't have a lot of flat cold damage.

Single-Target Setup

For Single Target I like to use Double Strike, but Frenzy works too. Whichever you prefer. Make sure your APS is below 10. With Double Strike, every time we attack we release an Ice Nova, so we can proc up to 10 Ice Novas per seconds, which melts down bosses very well.

Mobility Setup

This is the standard mobility setup with whirling blades. Blood Magic allows you to whirl without mana and Fortify gives some good defense. Try to get a 20/20 Faster attacks and 20/20 Whirling Blades later on if you can, for maximum whirl speed.

Aura Setup

This is our Aura setup and we use Assassin's Mark, Arctic Armour and Herald of Ice. Assassin's Mark gives us 20% more damage when we crit, generates power charges and also increases our crit chance by a fair bit. The mana gained on kill helps a lot towards sustaining our mana pool. AA is a great defensive tool, and Herald of Ice gives us some more flat cold damage and the nice explosion effect.

Utility Setup

Bloodrage is essential for granting us Frenzy Charges. The degen is offset a bit by 1.6% life regeneration from the tree. Our Ice golem is important because it provides us with valuable bonus accuracy. This is why it is important to keep it alive with the minion life support gem.

LEVELING

Generally, just use Ice Nova, Freeze Pulse or Ice Spear to level.

Use items such as Reverberation or Amplification rods.

Once you get to level 50, if you have a good elemental weapon with good crit, you can transition to flicker strike (Goddess Scorned is a great budget item to use, get an Elegant sword from a vendor and follow the recipe to obtain a great budget weapon). Use Flicker Strike - WED - Multistrike - Melee Splash - Added Cold in a 5L Armour. This setup will carry you until you get your Cospri's Malice.

For the Skill tree, finish all the nodes at the Shadow area, then path to the Witch area, and then go to the Ranger Area.

Grab the Jewel sockets and Frenzy Charges once you have grabbed all the main passive points. If you feel squishy, you can grab more life nodes first, but if you want more damage, then you can grab the damage first.

THE END

Last edited by cookees on Oct 17, 2016, 6:31:49 PM
Last bumped on Jan 20, 2017, 5:44:30 AM
reserved
Damn, I was thinking about doing flicker cospri's build for some time now but didn't have spare cash and time, so you beat me to it. Anyway great job, I'll definitely help myself with your build when making my own character
lol thanks. Yeah it does take some effort to level and farm up the currency to afford the sword, but it's worth it at the end.

Good luck if you do plan on making a cospri flicker build!
interesting; why Ice nova by the way in place of vortex?
Generally just better AoE and higher base crit chance. The damage is slightly lower than Vortex, but it has better consistency which I value more.
Also less murderous on your GPU.
updated video and guide.
What end game content did you try with this build?
Yet another unpaid Path of Exile 2 Alpha Tester

Path of Exile 2 will be a great leap forward
The video I showed up there was a T13 Gorge.

I've finished a T14 Shrine with pretty tough mods.

http://imgur.com/a/3JfNh

Haven't attempted anything above T14 since I'm only level 85 atm.

Last edited by cookees on Sep 30, 2016, 4:48:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info