[2.6] SignalShot™ CI Full Ele Conversion TS/Barrage / Shaper & Uber Deathless / with video!

Found this in dried lake last night. Scoured the suffixes and multi-modded. Can be divined up to 455pdps.

Been using this up to level 94. Once I get the harbinger 6-linked I will map with it to compare. It will be a great comparison between death's opus and a non-mirror worthy harbinger.

Thought of something interesting.

So I happen to have a legacy phys conversion Vinktar, I was thinking of buying a Signal Fire with Phys conversion corrupt, so then I would have 50% converted to fire, 20% converted to light from vinktar, and, ideally (10-20%) 20% converted to any other element, so I'b be 90% conversion, so what could I replace phys to lightning with to get more damage?

I think ill drop phys to light for inc crit? Im at 88% conversion without phys to light gem, since it seems a bit useless now.
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
Last edited by Aevykin on Apr 23, 2017, 3:23:33 AM
"
Aevykin wrote:

So I happen to have a legacy phys conversion Vinktar, I was thinking of buying a Signal Fire with Phys conversion corrupt, so then I would have 50% converted to fire, 20% converted to light from vinktar, and, ideally (10-20%) 20% converted to any other element, so I'b be 90% conversion, so what could I replace phys to lightning with to get more damage?

I think ill drop phys to light for inc crit? Im at 88% conversion without phys to light gem, since it seems a bit useless now.

That's sort of what I'm doing now except I dropped signal fire instead of ptl and bought a wed/crit/multi +arrows quiver. You get 30% from vinktars (because pathfinder) and 20% from weapon cold damage on the tree for two points. It's not as much damage as signal fire (unless you somehow manage to get your hands a legacy multi +arrows quiver) but it's a lot cheaper than the 40ex a +arrows signal fire will set you back so I'm doing this while I slowly pick up cheap signal fires to vaal.
"
Mystrl wrote:
"
Aevykin wrote:

That's sort of what I'm doing now except I dropped signal fire instead of ptl and bought a wed/crit/multi +arrows quiver. You get 30% from vinktars (because pathfinder) and 20% from weapon cold damage on the tree for two points. It's not as much damage as signal fire (unless you somehow manage to get your hands a legacy multi +arrows quiver) but it's a lot cheaper than the 40ex a +arrows signal fire will set you back so I'm doing this while I slowly pick up cheap signal fires to vaal.

some people don't know how to evaluate +1 rare quivers. you can exploit that, that's a good idea. you can get a really good +1 quiver for cheap.

your idea is good, and has more upgrade potential, +1 rare quiver with crit chance + non leg crit multi + attack speed can do almost what signal fire does if you find a way to convert your damage to pure ele in an efficient way.also you can scale more penetration with light damage than fire damage. the damage you convert to is more valuable than fire damage.

thats what i do as well, such quiver gives a bit more damage than 35% signal fire(the more auras you use, the more you benefit from +1 rare quivers)(i'm life based so that quiver fits my build really good)

after you get a gg +1 quiver, you can get even more damage than signal fire.

signal fire is really good quiver but it's price inflated too much lately.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Apr 23, 2017, 5:52:51 AM
Oh yeah its 30% I totally forgot. And I see, you're talking about the Winter Spirit Node. Nice! I actually bought a 32% +1 Signal Fire on Legacy that I'm wait to get rolled over, so I could still run this set up of having Phys to Light Vinktar + Winter Spirit and have a free'd up link in my Barrage, sweet!

Isn't this a better set up overall than the one BlastingCap suggests of using PTL?

By just swapping versions of vinktar and 3 points on the tree you could have an increased critical strikes gem instead of an extra 29% of physical as lightning.

Maybe with Brood Twine with 9.4% crit inc crit isn't needed, but surely useful with ROTC.
I was poor, because I didn't have anything. But I was rich, because I had a dream.
"
Aevykin wrote:
Oh yeah its 30% I totally forgot. And I see, you're talking about the Winter Spirit Node. Nice! I actually bought a 32% +1 Signal Fire on Legacy that I'm wait to get rolled over, so I could still run this set up of having Phys to Light Vinktar + Winter Spirit and have a free'd up link in my Barrage, sweet!

Isn't this a better set up overall than the one BlastingCap suggests of using PTL?

By just swapping versions of vinktar and 3 points on the tree you could have an increased critical strikes gem instead of an extra 29% of physical as lightning.

Maybe with Brood Twine with 9.4% crit inc crit isn't needed, but surely useful with ROTC.

worth to test, tell us the results.

p2l is also adds very good portion of light damage besides its conversion mechanic. i tried to ICS before, but i didnt get very different results with brood twine.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Apr 23, 2017, 6:23:32 AM
So after reading Mystryl and Rupenus' comments, it seems to me that the absolute most endgame version of this wouldn't actually use Signal Fire.

You'd use Physical to Lightning (50% to light), with Phys to Lightning Vinktar (30% to light, after flask effects), and Winter Spirit (20% to cold), getting 80% total to light and 20% to cold. Then of course you'd have a free quiver slot, which is where Rayamns 8 mirror quiver would come in. Kappa. But no really, that would probably be the best possible set up.

Ladies and Gents, I introduce to you all, the next version of SignalShot - RareQuiverShot.
"
Aevykin wrote:
So after reading Mystryl and Rupenus' comments, it seems to me that the absolute most endgame version of this wouldn't actually use Signal Fire.

You'd use Physical to Lightning (50% to light), with Phys to Lightning Vinktar (30% to light, after flask effects), and Winter Spirit (20% to cold), getting 80% total to light and 20% to cold. Then of course you'd have a free quiver slot, which is where Rayamns 8 mirror quiver would come in. Kappa. But no really, that would probably be the best possible set up.

Ladies and Gents, I introduce to you all, the next version of SignalShot - RareQuiverShot.

my quiver gives exactly 10% less dps than skalpo's mirrored quiver, and that difference is mostly because of lack of critical chance which with good gear you get 95% while diamond flask is on. assuming +1 arrow is 11% more damage, i thinj that quiver is one of the best quivers in the game, maybe even the best for life builds.

you dont need such quiver though, there are lots of spike point +1 quivers which can give you almost asme dps 4%-5% less... maybe? thats all.
"
Aevykin wrote:

Are you sure this is the highest dps version? I did a quick test in-game, comparing a 34% Signal Fire to a legacy crit multi Quiver. Since I don't have a mirrored quiver, I compared the numbers by removing my high dps ring when Signal Fire was equipped, since my ring + quiver is a little more dps than a mirrored quiver. The Signal Fire version was still pulling ahead - not by much in terms of tooltip, but the +1 arrow sealed the deal. Perhaps there are some +1 legacy quivers that could challenge Signal Fire, but they will effectively be unique quivers that no one else can copy.

The thing to be careful about is that rare quivers give stats that go into high diminishing returns, while Signal Fire gives stats at fairly low diminishing returns. Gaining an extra arrow gives a 1.1 multiplier to damage (since we go from 10 to 11 arrows on Barrage with a Harbinger) and gaining 35% extra damage as fire damage, in my set-up at least, translates into moving from a 71% multiplier to damage (from Hatred and HoA with Influence wheel taken on tree, and Hysteria Ring) to 106% multiplier for a 35% Signal Fire. In my version of the build I scale physical damage hard, so I get a lot out of gaining elemental damage from physical damage.

There are also some other minor losses to dps, such as spending 3 passives to get the cold conversion, and losing 15% lightning penetration from the penetration vinktar. 3 passives usually means losing a jewel slot or its equivalent, which means losing, typically, +25% or more to damage and +12% or more to attack speed.

I would imagine, however, that rare legacy quivers (or perhaps GG non-legacy quivers) would do a lot more for Opus versions of the build than Signal Fire, since gaining elemental damage from physical damage would not be as good on a low pdps bow.
Last edited by DicemanX on Apr 23, 2017, 9:01:42 AM
according to the pob tests, 35% signal fire wins against the best existing rare quivers by like 1%(ray and i have very similar ones dpswise, his is like 1k dps better in 300k tooltip),

only in case where you use double vinktars, one with conversion and pen, rare quivers win.

so yeah, 35% signal fire is still king,

rare quivers have better tooltip but 15% pen brings the difference between rares and signal fire.

i can share the pob results the enthusiastic followers of the guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info