[2.6] SignalShot™ CI Full Ele Conversion TS/Barrage / Shaper & Uber Deathless / with video!

"
Hirogen wrote:
"
Damier wrote:

Honestly, i think you will not be able to do this build as a league starter. Since Bow Builds struggle to accumulate sufficient ES due to the commitment in the passive tree and using a quiver adding up to insufficient supply of appropriate items at the start of the league i would not recommend going ES right from the get go (you mention Lioneye's Glare - that's like day 1-3 equipment status usually - depending on your time investment obviously)

I disagree, I started to play a month ago and I play this build exclusively.

I play it because I like the way tornado shot works and it reminds me of the play style of the demon hunter in D3, it's not cheap but it's fun to play.

Now 1 Month after starting with this build, I'm able run t9/t10 with bosses and since I'm fairly new to the game I slowly start to grasp how the economy works and was able to accumulate and spent 4 ex-orbs within the last few days (I know its not much).

Sure the Elite Version is super expansive, but it's still easily possible to do it on a budget.

There is a thread on reddit, that shows it's possible to make decent amount of currency by only running t1 and t2 alched maps ;)

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5wde0p/currency_drops_from_250_maps_a_benchmark
http://imgur.com/XOieu5b

With all the experience of my first league I will try to play this build again in the next league, as long as they don't nerf anything.

Hey there!

Maybe i'm totally retarded but i'm pretty sure we're talking about league starters (not your first build within a league which can be after a certain amount of time after the league started already). If you started about a month ago the market was already saturated with items which are considered bad to mediocore at the current time while being superior at the start of the league. A Signalfire, let alone Reach of the Council, a 700+ ES Chest or even eye of chayula will be expensive in the first few days/weeks.

Also you're underestimating supply and demand at the start of the league ESPECIALLY if you take into account that ES is assumed to be nerfed for 3.0 which means that people will go ham on CI/LL this league. You will have _a whole lot_ of competition for those items.

It's not about currency my friend - all the currency in the world won't help if you just can't get the items you need from the market (crafting excluded).

It's about league starting which covers (for me) about maybe 1-2 weeks into the league. But of course if you feel like you can live up to the challenge, go for it! In the end, we re exchanging expierence and opinions here ;-)

Regards
Last edited by Damier on Feb 27, 2017, 9:47:47 AM
"
Damier wrote:

Hey there!

Maybe i'm totally retarded but i'm pretty sure we're talking about league starters (not your first build within a league which can be after a certain amount of time after the league started already). If you started about a month ago the market was already saturated with items which are considered bad to mediocore at the current time while being superior at the start of the league. A Signalfire, let alone Reach of the Council, a 700+ ES Chest or even eye of chayula will be expensive in the first few days/weeks.

Also you're underestimating supply and demand at the start of the league ESPECIALLY if you take into account that ES is assumed to be nerfed for 3.0 which means that people will go ham on CI/LL this league. You will have _a whole lot_ of competition for those items.

It's not about currency my friend - all the currency in the world won't help if you just can't get the items you need from the market (crafting excluded).

It's about league starting which covers (for me) about maybe 1-2 weeks into the league. But of course if you feel like you can live up to the challenge, go for it! In the end, we re exchanging expierence and opinions here ;-)

Regards

Well I thought league starters are people who just started the league, my bad ;D

Sure one or 2 months in the league, the prices are better.
wonder if there are any possible transition builds so i dont have to relevel or should i just make a different character to start with
"
Sakka wrote:
wonder if there are any possible transition builds so i dont have to relevel or should i just make a different character to start with

Both options viable and both options depend on the time you can sink into PoE. If you can play a lot you can totally get away by playing a life-based variant of a bow build (TS/Barrage is a fine combo) including voltaxic (which is still viable), phys based (reach of the council or similar) or Doomfletch being or w/e you please - If you want to stick to a bow character and you enjoy it the most. From my expierence, it also smoothes the item search/accumulation since you'll get a feeling of what the market currently has to offer and what you need to "hit" on (obviously the biggest difference is being ES-Gear vs. Life-Gear)

HOWEVER, casters are usually easier to equip and breeze through and/or progress generally speaking, since they can compensate the lack of availability of items with gem-levels.

So both options work fine, just try to figure which you'd prefer ;-)

Im thinking about playing this build but as a Raider. Any doubts/Problems that would cause compared to playing Pathfinder?
Also any BIG Upsides to playing Pathfinder over Raider ?
"
DrSlaughter wrote:
Im thinking about playing this build but as a Raider. Any doubts/Problems that would cause compared to playing Pathfinder?

Pathfinder is particularly useful/powerful with legacy vinktar's on standard since you can skip vaal pact. Additionally, flasks are still ridiculously powerful - especially with increased flask effectiveness and duration.

I don't see any issue with Mapping though, i can see Pathfinder having the edge here over Raider for bosses/shaper once you've got all the flasks.
"
Damier wrote:
"
DrSlaughter wrote:

Pathfinder is particularly useful/powerful with legacy vinktar's on standard since you can skip vaal pact. Additionally, flasks are still ridiculously powerful - especially with increased flask effectiveness and duration.

I don't see any issue with Mapping though, i can see Pathfinder having the edge here over Raider for bosses/shaper once you've got all the flasks.

I feel like with this kind of damage boss fights wont take very long so i dont rly see much point in getting flask charges. Also i feel like Pathfinder doesnt rly give u much other than just that (Flask charges) the duration and flask effect arent very much especially since u already go alchemist?
And for mapping i feel like flask charge generation is 100% useless coz u have decent waveclear and some increased flask charges from tree anyway?
Also we should be able to get a legacy vinktars in new league but it also saves me from vaal pact as a raider too? ^^
And with that amount of insta leech it doesnt rly matter if i have a few % increased flask effect doesnt it?
"
DrSlaughter wrote:
"
Damier wrote:
"
DrSlaughter wrote:

I feel like with this kind of damage boss fights wont take very long so i dont rly see much point in getting flask charges. Also i feel like Pathfinder doesnt rly give u much other than just that (Flask charges) the duration and flask effect arent very much especially since u already go alchemist?
And for mapping i feel like flask charge generation is 100% useless coz u have decent waveclear and some increased flask charges from tree anyway?
Also we should be able to get a legacy vinktars in new league but it also saves me from vaal pact as a raider too? ^^
And with that amount of insta leech it doesnt rly matter if i have a few % increased flask effect doesnt it?

Well you gotta reach that kind of damage first ;-) Anyway, Pathfinder provides an additional 20% flask effectiveness. In a prolonged fight like shaper, uber atziri or harder bosses you will need the recharging capabilities Pathfinder grants - assuming you wont be able to get ridiculous gear in a short amount of time.

I'm not sure what the drop restrictions are in legacy league towards Vinktar's since it's a drop restricted item from a specific Mob in a specific map. I wouldn't count on that. The Instant leech is only provided by the legacy flasks, otherwise you _must_ invest into vaal pact (or Acuity respectively)

But like i said, i don't think there's anything wrong in going raider instead of Pathfinder, being ranger you still have the option to respec one into the other anyway.
Last edited by Damier on Feb 27, 2017, 12:06:52 PM
the biggest reason is, pathfinder has 8% ele damage reduction and status ailments immunity, when you are on vinktar effect you are getting shocked and everything deals 20% more damage on you. this both is like 30% damage reduction in boss fights.

other big reason is, pathfinder has invisible 10% more damage(any elemental damage type added 10% of physwical damage), 10% pen,

this makes "invisible" 21% more damage, you can't see that on tooltip but in your actual dps you'll have these buffs.

you may try raider too, if you think you can get better damage with raider and use shock flasks. i prefer using pathfinder because of movement speed and flask regeneration of her.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Feb 27, 2017, 12:35:21 PM
Some thoughts about playing this as a league starter (SC, likely not recommend this method for HC). It does seem possible like other CI builds to start off leveling as Hybrid and then eventually transition.

You would most likely have to sit on Chayula or Valyrium for a while at the beginning of the league. As a big limitation, Skyforth is generally gonna be about 20 ex Week 1, 25 ex Week 2-3, and then rise to its "normal" Standard pricing after that, so there does exist a window if you get lucky or do enough Path of Economy to get there.

For early stages of leveling you'd focus on your Damage Nodes, and most of your Life/ES will come from Shadow and Witch areas, Shadow with Blood Siphon which you will Regret out of, then Melding Wheel + Heart and Soul (Regret out of later). CI transition when you get to a ∼600 ES chest or so and are able to 5L the bow due to Chroming constraints early on. From there farm with TS until you can get another 5L+ and start making progressive upgrades.

What I think will be rough early is lack of Elreon 7 as well as cost for ES craft, Chroming a Regalia to 4 off color, Crystal Belt availability, and then potentially charge generation. Also you'll need quite a few STR Nodes to wear some gear, but the tree shown has easy access to those. That said if you are gonna do low maps early on anyways, some of these issues may not be as serious as they seem.

Potentially Lioneye as the bow to gloss over accuracy issues in the meantime, and Atziri Flask instead of Dying Sun ofc for cost savings.

/e Didn't consider Enlighten 3/4 either. Probably easier to sit on Disc/Hatred at the beginning too.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Feb 27, 2017, 1:01:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info