[2.6] SignalShot™ CI Full Ele Conversion TS/Barrage / Shaper & Uber Deathless / with video!

"
Rupenus wrote:
the biggest reason is, pathfinder has 8% ele damage reduction and status ailments immunity, when you are on vinktar effect you are getting shocked and everything deals 20% more damage on you. this both is like 30% damage reduction in boss fights.

other big reason is, pathfinder has invisible 10% more damage(any elemental damage type added 10% of physwical damage), 10% pen,

this makes "invisible" 21% more damage, you can't see that on tooltip but in your actual dps you'll have these buffs.

you may try raider too, if you think you can get better damage with raider and use shock flasks. i prefer using pathfinder because of movement speed and flask regeneration of her.

Actually in both of blasting cap's flask setups in this guide there's a flask with shock removal, so he's not picking pathfinder solely for the status ailment removal. He's even recommending Master Surgeon over Alchemist if you don't have Skyforth.

"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
Some thoughts about playing this as a league starter (SC, likely not recommend this method for HC). It does seem possible like other CI builds to start off leveling as Hybrid and then eventually transition.

You would most likely have to sit on Chayula or Valyrium for a while at the beginning of the league. As a big limitation, Skyforth is generally gonna be about 20 ex Week 1, 25 ex Week 2-3, and then rise to its "normal" Standard pricing after that, so there does exist a window if you get lucky or do enough Path of Economy to get there.

For early stages of leveling you'd focus on your Damage Nodes, and most of your Life/ES will come from Shadow and Witch areas, Shadow with Blood Siphon which you will Regret out of, then Melding Wheel + Heart and Soul (Regret out of later). CI transition when you get to a ∼600 ES chest or so and are able to 5L the bow due to Chroming constraints early on. From there farm with TS until you can get another 5L+ and start making progressive upgrades.

What I think will be rough early is lack of Elreon 7 as well as cost for ES craft, Chroming a Regalia to 4 off color, Crystal Belt availability, and then potentially charge generation. Also you'll need quite a few STR Nodes to wear some gear, but the tree shown has easy access to those. That said if you are gonna do low maps early on anyways, some of these issues may not be as serious as they seem.

Potentially Lioneye as the bow to gloss over accuracy issues in the meantime, and Atziri Flask instead of Dying Sun ofc for cost savings.

One thing ot add towards Lioneye's Glare: Since you neither got Acrobatics nor evasion to negate/deal with the reflected damage which can't be evaded as a consequence your only defensive layer would be your ES pool, so if you'd choose to go with Lioneye's Glare you should have already a solid ES pool to begin with.
"
Rupenus wrote:
the biggest reason is, pathfinder has 8% ele damage reduction and status ailments immunity, when you are on vinktar effect you are getting shocked and everything deals 20% more damage on you. this both is like 30% damage reduction in boss fights.

other big reason is, pathfinder has invisible 10% more damage(any elemental damage type added 10% of physwical damage), 10% pen,

this makes "invisible" 21% more damage, you can't see that on tooltip but in your actual dps you'll have these buffs.

you may try raider too, if you think you can get better damage with raider and use shock flasks. i prefer using pathfinder because of movement speed and flask regeneration of her.

well u can just get status ailment immunity on flasks like any other build.
8% ele dmg reduction is a joke compared to other ascendancys like 50% less reflect dmg taken etc.
and the rest is just increased dmg basicly which im sure is a lot less than all the frenzy charges etc raider offers ?
"
DrSlaughter wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:

well u can just get status ailment immunity on flasks like any other build.
8% ele dmg reduction is a joke compared to other ascendancys like 50% less reflect dmg taken etc.
and the rest is just increased dmg basicly which im sure is a lot less than all the frenzy charges etc raider offers ?

if you feel like going raider, go for it mate. (btw: i couldnt understand how you related ele dmg reduction to reflect damage reduction but all good)
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Damier wrote:
"
seanxjohnson wrote:
Hey all, been reading over this thread the last few days and I'm going to challenge myself in 2.6 with making this build. I know, I know, it's not league starter friendly, but Breach was my first league (been playing 5 months now) and I found myself playing the economy fairly well and was able to do 3 builds to 90+, and obtain roughly 250-300ex in gear as of today.

I was thinking the initial setup would be less than 10ex, lioneyes glare, signal fire, midlevel 5L ES chest and un-enchanted helm should carry me through initial maps, from there I can acquire pieces. Is there an order you'd suggest picking up end game viable pieces? My initial thought is: bow --> chest --> helm with enchant --> skyforths --> optimized jewels/jewelry.

Honestly, i think you will not be able to do this build as a league starter. Since Bow Builds struggle to accumulate sufficient ES due to the commitment in the passive tree and using a quiver adding up to insufficient supply of appropriate items at the start of the league i would not recommend going ES right from the get go (you mention Lioneye's Glare - that's like day 1-3 equipment status usually - depending on your time investment obviously)

Not to mention that you'll have to solve the Bane of CI being stuns (chayula? - well great - means a _huge_ loss of damage and/or defense) until you get your hands on Skyforth.

I've played bow builds basically in every single league i've participated in (unfortunately i didn't have time for breach) as a starter and i would recommend you going life-based, farming/searching/buying/crafting items you need for the end build to transition at some point while maintaining a progression in a life-based variant.

While some builds (casters f.e.) can easily go CI or Hybrid and transition to LL at some point you will struggle as a bow character to find a balance between damage and defense. Maybe i'm totally wrong here, but i feel like this build is either a full on destroyer or a full on failure in case you don't have the right (key) pieces to start with.

I appreciate the response and probably should've been more clear, but I figured it was a standard process for most ES builds. They start out life (which I intend to do) and then respec into ES once they go CI which is normally around level 60-70. For me, this will probably be day 2~ so I may have to wait a bit before going CI, but I would anticipate I'll have the currency to go Valerium, Signal Fire, 5L chest and bow, plus some other low level ES gear, by day 4-5. Breach league I was onto maps and had around 300C in liquid currency (around 10ex as ex was worth 30c at the time) by day 5, so I figure that will be a similar switch to CI point. Basically anytime I can have stun immunity while still capping res and having a higher ES pool than life, I'll make the switch.
"
seanxjohnson wrote:
I appreciate the response and probably should've been more clear, but I figured it was a standard process for most ES builds. They start out life (which I intend to do) and then respec into ES once they go CI which is normally around level 60-70. For me, this will probably be day 2~ so I may have to wait a bit before going CI, but I would anticipate I'll have the currency to go Valerium, Signal Fire, 5L chest and bow, plus some other low level ES gear, by day 4-5. Breach league I was onto maps and had around 300C in liquid currency (around 10ex as ex was worth 30c at the time) by day 5, so I figure that will be a similar switch to CI point. Basically anytime I can have stun immunity while still capping res and having a higher ES pool than life, I'll make the switch.

You are underestimating one thing though: Life-based you usually using Evasion _and_ acrobatics as layers of defense additionally to your total life pool.

You "can't" skill into acrobatics since it's 50% less ES and while a lot of people maintain their negative opinion towards evasion i can speak from my personal expierence that it is def. noticeable the more you stack it especially against things like porcupines or your occasional big hit which you evade.

Combined with some 30% (40% respectively with phase acrobatics + 10% dodge from quartz flask in case you'd use one) these are some serious defensive layers you're missing out on.

With ES you most likely will have none of these 2, so you're solely relying on your ES-Pool. So if you're running around with 6k (or even 7) ES while another Ranger has 5k Life + aforementioned dodge and evasion you are def. in a worse spot. You'd need way higher ES-Pool to compensate for that.

I personally would say that with level 60-70 you'd most likely will be too low level and too short of good gear to transition, nomatter your claims about the currency you'd have at that point, your options to upgrade are dictated by the market's mercy to have the items you need on offer by the time you need them.
Last edited by Damier on Feb 27, 2017, 2:45:04 PM
"
Damier wrote:
"
seanxjohnson wrote:

You are underestimating one thing though: Life-based you usually using Evasion _and_ acrobatics as layers of defense additionally to your total life pool.

You "can't" skill into acrobatics since it's 50% less ES and while a lot of people maintain their negative opinion towards evasion i can speak from my personal expierence that it is def. noticeable the more you stack it especially against things like porcupines or your occasional big hit which you evade.

Combined with some 30% (40% respectively with phase acrobatics + 10% dodge from quartz flask in case you'd use one) these are some serious defensive layers you're missing out on.

With ES you most likely will have none of these 2, so you're solely relying on your ES-Pool. So if you're running around with 6k (or even 7) ES while another Ranger has 5k Life + aforementioned dodge and evasion you are def. in a worse spot. You'd need way higher ES-Pool to compensate for that.

I personally would say that with level 60-70 you'd most likely will be too low level and too short of good gear to transition, nomatter your claims about the currency you'd have at that point, your options to upgrade are dictated by the market's mercy to have the items you need on offer by the time you need them.

Yeah I suppose we'll see what happens in the league, I'll certainly report back a few days in whether negative or positive.
"
seanxjohnson wrote:
Yeah I suppose we'll see what happens in the league, I'll certainly report back a few days in whether negative or positive.

Might be joining you on that train. Life didn't get any buffs, and this is basically a boss killing league. This build is positioned very well.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
What would using blue dream be like instead of a pcoc?
So how does the Reach of the Council nerf affect this build?

Not that it bothers me, because I never got one, but still, it was the BiS-Weapon or not?

"

Reach of the Council: Number of Additional Arrows reduced to 2.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1839765
Last edited by Hirogen on Mar 1, 2017, 2:50:48 AM
"
Hirogen wrote:
So how does the Reach of the Council nerf affect this build?

Not that it bothers me, because I never got one, but still, it was the BiS-Weapon or not?

"

Reach of the Council: Number of Additional Arrows reduced to 2.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1839765

If anything it will be cheaper and thus you can pick one up before your gg bow.

I will be rolling pathfinder but a different build to level and farm. Eventually transition into this.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info