Build of the Week S06E03: djnat's Mistress of Agony

gut
"
cmilles wrote:
"
Byrr wrote:
I thought botw was supposed to highlight interesting builds? This is as standard as it gets, no interesting mechanics brought out at all.

I'm going to echo this one. I wouldn't call using three skills that were INTENDED to be used in the manner shown as BotW worthy. At least run as a true Occultist and get the chaos explosions from the cursed enemies 0.o

Then again, I do think this build accurately sums up the current state of PoE. Simple straightforward bite and kite (DoT/hit and run) method is usually the most reliable way to get through most content of the game, where builds that actually spark the "oh that's awesome" reaction will generally run into a brick wall at some point.

So true occultist benefits from chaos explosions that stop the spread of your ED ? I was not aware having to cast 2x as many ED projectiles was in anyones interest.
umm this is just a normal ED build, I thought builds of the week were creative builds that you don't normally see.
Rip build for pvp against CI
"
skiptorious87 wrote:

So true occultist benefits from chaos explosions that stop the spread of your ED ? I was not aware having to cast 2x as many ED projectiles was in anyones interest.

From experience I can attest to faster group clear times from the explosions rather than waiting on ED to spread. To each their own, but watching groups explode and moving on is more interesting to me than watching them wither away slowly (pun intended). Not to mention that enemies that explode still spread contagion on death just as they would had they not exploded.
"
cmilles wrote:
From experience I can attest to faster group clear times from the explosions rather than waiting on ED to spread. To each their own, but watching groups explode and moving on is more interesting to me than watching them wither away slowly (pun intended). Not to mention that enemies that explode still spread contagion on death just as they would had they not exploded.

Having tested it myself, the explosions definitely hinder clear speed. A mob that explodes can't spread contagion, so the DoT stops prematurely and can't spread very far. It may look cool, but it really doesn't help.

That said, this build is okay. I suppose they wanted to showcase a relatively cheap build that's easy to do compared to some of the other more snowflake builds that BOTW usually covers.
Check out Ladderboard and oh wow. There is around 4 scion on it .
WOW. RIP SCION.
About build, congraz to djnat. Nice build. Feel much better than Oculist ED.

I was under the impression that multiple sources of 'enemies take x% increased damage from y' stacked additively, not multiplicatively as Bex states in the video when mentioning Vulnerability. Max stacks of wither gives 140% increased chaos damage taken, Vulnerability gives 33% increased damage over time taken, that should add together for 173, as opposed to multiplying together for 1 * 2.1 * 1.33, or am I incorrect? If I'm incorrect, why is it worded 'increased' damage taken instead of 'more'?
Can we get some hardcore builds? anyone can make any type of build in softcore.

oh look my 3k hp map runner looks soo cool but dies in 1 hit, not that it matters. i'll just throw my 6 portals at this boss and kill it ezpz.
"
ZannixFTW wrote:
umm this is just a normal ED build, I thought builds of the week were creative builds that you don't normally see.

yeah, its creative enough. All I see is Blade vortex, CIs and earthquake ...etc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info