[2.5.2]World's #1 BladeVortex Damage Build, Up to 1.4 Mill Tool-Tip, Shaper/Uber Deletion, 95%+ CRIT

"
[Sustained DPS] = [tooltip DPS] / [casts per second (Offence Tab of your skill)] * 20

how the fuck is this formula negating cast speed (casts per second)??? holy shit, it's like talking to a brick wall...

i guess you just dont get it, that *20 drops to *0 as soon you reach the 20th stack.
ign: AdmiralThrawnx (Ons), Diavolixxx/Leavemealoneplx (HC)
Last edited by thrawnx on Oct 5, 2016, 4:18:06 PM
"
stexnex wrote:
"
thrawnx wrote:
No dude, you don't understand why the formula is not working. That formula only works with static values, but the cast speed adding DPS value is not static. Let me try to explain it as easy as possible:

Let's assume you have a cast time of 0.1s for your BV. To reach 20 stacks, you need 2s. Your first stack of BV would run out 5.25s after you reach the 20th stack (7.25s total duration). So while you are at full stacks, your cast speed ain't doing shit and is completely falsifying your DPS calculation.

With the old BV (50 stacks) the formula was still not correct, but way closer, cuz it was way harder to reach max. stacks before the first stack is being refreshed. Now you have a much longer time for the cast speed to NOT generate any additional DPS.

mate, the formula negate the dps of cast speed.

you can simpli try it with the spell echo gem:

with spell echo i got about 67.000 tooltip dps - the formula say about 227.000 dps
without the spell echo gem, tooltip: about 31k - the forumla say about 250.000 dps

i got more dmg without spell echo because the 10% less dmg of spell echo

so with the formula the cast speed doesn't matter!
so the formula work right!

Thank you, finally someone who understands how it actually works. The formula negates cast-speed. If you don't believe it, test it. I'm just baffled that some people can't do simple math.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
yeah dude, only you two get that. pro tip: if you think everyone else is dumb, it's usually you who is.

btw, this tooltip warrior is so low damage compared to any pathfinder with vinktar.
"
"
stexnex wrote:
"
thrawnx wrote:
No dude, you don't understand why the formula is not working. That formula only works with static values, but the cast speed adding DPS value is not static. Let me try to explain it as easy as possible:

Let's assume you have a cast time of 0.1s for your BV. To reach 20 stacks, you need 2s. Your first stack of BV would run out 5.25s after you reach the 20th stack (7.25s total duration). So while you are at full stacks, your cast speed ain't doing shit and is completely falsifying your DPS calculation.

With the old BV (50 stacks) the formula was still not correct, but way closer, cuz it was way harder to reach max. stacks before the first stack is being refreshed. Now you have a much longer time for the cast speed to NOT generate any additional DPS.

mate, the formula negate the dps of cast speed.

you can simpli try it with the spell echo gem:

with spell echo i got about 67.000 tooltip dps - the formula say about 227.000 dps
without the spell echo gem, tooltip: about 31k - the forumla say about 250.000 dps

i got more dmg without spell echo because the 10% less dmg of spell echo

so with the formula the cast speed doesn't matter!
so the formula work right!

Thank you, finally someone who understands how it actually works. The formula negates cast-speed. If you don't believe it, test it. I'm just baffled that some people can't do simple math.

haha, maybe he get it some day.

but i got another question:

i may try this build, atm i make a test version of it on standard.

i got:

atm i got no void batterys - i'm only at about 65k with divinarius in my ho without flasks, only aura buffs and low life. does the two batteries buff my dmg so hard? i cant believ that and i wont waste my last currency on standard.

also i play temp league and got no skyforth - you ever tried it witout them and use a PCoC setup ?
!!! Sorry for my "bum english" !!!
Last edited by stexnex on Oct 5, 2016, 4:43:55 PM
"
thrawnx wrote:
yeah dude, only you two get that. pro tip: if you think everyone else is dumb, it's usually you who is.

btw, this tooltip warrior is so low damage compared to any pathfinder with vinktar.

no, you say that all people who made http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com are dumb
As good as the wiki is (i use it daily aswell), there are like a million outdated and simply wrong things on it. It's not made by GGG, people assume tons of stuff they post there, cuz the real values are simply undisclosed.
"
stexnex wrote:

i got:

atm i got no void batterys - i'm only at about 65k with divinarius in my ho without flasks, only aura buffs and low life. does the two batteries buff my dmg so hard? i cant believ that and i wont waste my last currency on standard.

also i play temp league and got no skyforth - you ever tried it witout them and use a PCoC setup ?

Two void batteries are extremely powerful. Each gives you +1 to max power charges and boosts your spell damage by a significant amount. We also need these two power charges to get our critical chance up (90%+).

If you don't have skyforth, you should be fine running maps without them. However, for top tier bosses (like Shaper) you could replace controlled destruction with Power Charge On Critical. If there is a problem, there is always a way to fix it.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Oct 5, 2016, 4:55:30 PM
"
thrawnx wrote:
"
[Sustained DPS] = [tooltip DPS] / [casts per second (Offence Tab of your skill)] * 20

how the fuck is this formula negating cast speed (casts per second)??? holy shit, it's like talking to a brick wall...

i guess you just dont get it, that *20 drops to *0 as soon you reach the 20th stack.

Just an fyi, the formula is 100% correct. Please instead of spewing nonsense, TEST the formula. Numbers don't lie, unless you misunderstand the formula like you did. Plug the numbers in and find out. It takes you literally 10 seconds MAX to solve for it. Otherwise if you are not willing to listen to the truth then please stop using such language offensively in my thread.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Oct 5, 2016, 4:53:58 PM
"
"
stexnex wrote:

i got:

Two void batteries are extremely powerful. Each gives you +1 to max power charges and boosts your spell damage by a significant amount. We also need these two power charges to get our critical chance up (90%+).

If you don't have skyforth, you should be fine running maps without them. However, for top tier bosses (like Shaper) you could replace controlled destruction with Power Charge On Critical. If there is a problem, there is always a way to fix it.

could you do me a favour?

can you check the dps with the PCoC Gem instead of conctr. destr. in the 6L and tell me the value?

may this is also helpfull for other player without skyforth.
Last edited by stexnex on Oct 5, 2016, 4:58:16 PM
"
thrawnx wrote:
As good as the wiki is (i use it daily aswell), there are like a million outdated and simply wrong things on it. It's not made by GGG, people assume tons of stuff they post there, cuz the real values are simply undisclosed.

imo the big thing is:
i'm 100000% sure that you mean the right thing, but you take the formula wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info