[2.5.2]World's #1 BladeVortex Damage Build, Up to 1.4 Mill Tool-Tip, Shaper/Uber Deletion, 95%+ CRIT

"
Tomikxx wrote:
"
"
Tomikxx wrote:
folowing your build, at 81 lvl now, made some changes, using warlord mark, and instead crit chance and life leech, using critical damage and increased duration, because without inc. duration i had to re-cast BV too much and could not get even close to 20 stacks, because i got soon to zero mana, well i have only one enlighten lvl 4 to be able to run ash+discipline, so you got a bit more mana for casting it and also minus mana cost ring which i dont have, duration was too low for me, now with inc duration and warlord mark which also provides mana leech im at 20 stacks almost all time without too much re-casting and its feels much more comfortable, also not using your unique amulet because i had not enough crit chance, but rare with 60%+multi, facebreaker another 90% and critical damage gem, using only one void battery and im now at around 7k es and 79k tooltip just with charges with two batterys i had near 120k but only around 5k es felt a bit like suicide squad :P so thats it [sorry for spelling mistakes]

Oh, you don't have all the proper gear and aren't high enough level yet to get all the nodes. One day you will. (:

oh you didnt get it, I just dont get why to have use your unique amulet with 240 multi since you can have rare 70% multi amulet, facebreakers 90% multi and crit damage gem 118%, thats 278% multi and dont even have to use assasin mark and crit chance gem

That's not how it works my friend. You have to compare apples to apples. In that case, it would be like this:

Unique Amulet: 240% + 90% (Facebreakers) + 125.75 % (crit gem) = 455.75%

Your suggestion: 70% (amulet) + 90% (Facebreakers) + 125.75% (crit gem) = 285.75%

As you can see with the math above, that's 170% more critical multiplier than your suggestion. This is why the amulet is so powerful and best in slot for this build. It yields the highest damage. That's why with the build I have setup I can do over 2 million damage (2.3 million with Blood Rage on). Your setup will never yield that much damage. However, if you want to be more "tanky" then try another setup.

Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Oct 2, 2016, 1:11:44 PM
"
Unique Amulet: 240% + 90% (Facebreakers) + 125.75 % (crit gem) = 455.75%

Your suggestion: 70% (amulet) + 90% (Facebreakers) + 125.75% (crit gem) = 285.75%

As you can see with the math above, that's 170% more critical multiplier than your suggestion. This is why the amulet is so powerful and best in slot for this build. It yields the highest damage. That's why with the build I have setup I can do over 2 million damage (2.3 million with Blood Rage on). Your setup will never yield that much damage. However, if you want to be more "tanky" then try another setup.

so if you compare it like this, why you dont use crit damage gem, oh wait maybe because you lose alot of crit chance because of that amulet? and its not that high damage then? without enough crit chance? but with at least facebreakers+unique amulet its more true, my bad and with one passive +30 strenght, and 2x jewels with +8 to all atributes im able to run that unique amulet and facebreakers and 21 gem with exactly 159 dex, so i guess that 90% multi is worth one point of passives
Last edited by Tomikxx on Oct 2, 2016, 1:28:29 PM
Thank you very much for the Build guide. I just killed my First Shaper at lvl 92. I changed things a little as My gear is not as good as yours, but the fight was easy as cake.

And

Was my prize.

Links to my gear used.

Last edited by BloodBaneBoneBreaker on Oct 4, 2016, 5:04:42 PM
I just calculated your DPS they way you think it works bro. it's not quite 2mil

Sustained DPS = 525,919.9 / 5.26 (I got 5.26 because 1sec / your cast time 0.19 = 5.263157894736842) *20 = 1,999,695.43

BUT the way you work out DPS cant be right......because that other guy with 751,526.8 tooltip dps casts his BV faster than you and more per second.

That technically SHOULD make his higher DPS than yours. he can cast 9 and you can only cast 5......So somewhere in your calculations is wrong
Last edited by spazman6117 on Oct 5, 2016, 5:20:54 AM
Hi Zabosnu! Thanks for the build that seems great.
Just 3 short questions:
1/ I can't afford the Skyforth boots. If I run the build without them, shouldn't be a problem for packs of mobs but I guess I'll have 0 power charge on single boss. Right?
2/ Is 7K ES really enough? Don't u get one shoted sometimes?
3/ How do u manage to recharge ur ES so fast? (I must have missed something)

Thx for ur helping
"
spazman6117 wrote:
I just calculated your DPS they way you think it works bro. it's not quite 2mil

Sustained DPS = 525,919.9 / 5.26 (I got 5.26 because 1sec / your cast time 0.19 = 5.263157894736842) *20 = 1,999,695.43

BUT the way you work out DPS cant be right......because that other guy with 751,526.8 tooltip dps casts his BV faster than you and more per second.

That technically SHOULD make his higher DPS than yours. he can cast 9 and you can only cast 5......So somewhere in your calculations is wrong

It is 2+ million. Your math is wrong as well as your understanding of how the DPS is calculated. Please refer to the equation. It's rather simple math. The TOOL-TIP DPS is calculated by multiplying out by the casts per second. So, to get the true DPS (at 20 sustained blade-vortexes) you will need to divide your TOOL-TIP DPS by your "Casts Per Second" which is shown on the "Offence" Tab of your Blade Vortex skill. In my case it's "5.24" which brings the true DPS over 2 million. The "Cast Time" that you see in the Tool-tip dps may be rounded up. I gave you the source of the equation which comes from the Wiki (please read it and understand it before jumping to conclusions).

If I wanted to, I could show 1 million Tool-tip DPS with all the buffs and cast-speed increases. That does NOT mean that i'm actually doing that DPS and thus you have to CALCULATE it using the given equation. That's why it doesn't matter how much cast speed you have, the blades always HIT once per second. You could have a million casts per second, yet your real DPS will stay the same. Does that make sense?

Look what I just did with haste/vaal haste/bloodrage, now my DPS is 2.3+ million:

Also, added the following to my original post to make it clear and visible:

NOTE:
YOUR REAL BLADE VORTEX DPS (DAMAGE PER SECOND) HAS TO BE CALCULATED. PLEASE USE THE EQUATION BELOW (at 20 Stacks):

[Sustained DPS] = [tooltip DPS] / [casts per second (Offence Tab of your skill)] * 20

THIS WILL GIVE YOU THE REAL DPS. PLEASE READ THE WIKI PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blade_Vortex
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Oct 5, 2016, 8:38:47 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that math is bullshit. It doesn't take in account the fact that your cast speed is only important to spin up, as soon you hit the 20th stack, your next casts only refresh the oldest stacks and don't add more stacks on top of the 20, so they dont add new damage, neither makes cast speed rotate BV faster. All your cast speed is doing besides making you spin up faster is inflating your tooltip dps artificially.

The formula might have worked a bit better when BV had still 50 possible stacks, but now with a cap so easy to reach, its simply wrong. The formula would only work the way you describe it if BV wouldn't have a stack cap at all or at least a much higher one.
ign: AdmiralThrawnx (Ons), Diavolixxx/Leavemealoneplx (HC)
Last edited by thrawnx on Oct 5, 2016, 3:21:28 PM
"
thrawnx wrote:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that math is bullshit. It doesn't take in account the fact that your cast speed is only important to spin up, as soon you hit the 20th stack, your next casts only refresh the oldest stacks and don't add more stacks on top of the 20, so they dont add new damage, neither makes cast speed rotate BV faster. All your cast speed is doing besides making you spin up faster is inflating your tooltip dps artificially.

The formula might have worked a bit better when BV had still 50 possible stacks, but now with a cap so easy to reach, its simply wrong. The formula would only work the way you describe it if BV wouldn't have a stack cap at all or at least a much higher one.

The math is not "bullshit." Please read and comprehend. You are stating exactly what my point is (only the initial point, the rest of your statement is wrong). Have you read my responses? I have specifically said that cast speed doesn't matter at all once you hit 20 stacks. Please read the posts prior to misunderstanding it. For example, read the post right above yours.

Also, the formula works perfectly fine (it even supports what you are saying, yet you don't understand the formula). It's really simple math. The tool-tip DPS that is shown on your screen already has "casts per second" calculated into it. So for you to get the REAL DPS, you have to divide your tool-tip DPS by your "casts per second" (directly correlates to your cast speed) and then multiply by 20 (20 stacks). I don't understand why it's so hard for some to understand a simple logical concept and simple math. This isn't rocket science.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Oct 5, 2016, 3:51:36 PM
No dude, you don't understand why the formula is not working. That formula only works with static values, but the cast speed adding DPS value is not static. Let me try to explain it as easy as possible:

Let's assume you have a cast time of 0.1s for your BV. To reach 20 stacks, you need 2s (during these 2 seconds cast speed is valuable and adds DPS according to your formula). Your first stack of BV would run out 5.25s after you reach the 20th stack (7.25s total duration). So while you are at full stacks, your cast speed ain't doing shit and is completely falsifying your DPS calculation.

With the old BV (50 stacks) the formula was still not correct, but way closer, cuz it was way harder to reach max. stacks before the first stack is being refreshed. Now you have a much longer time for the cast speed to NOT generate any additional DPS.

The real value for cast speed now is to maximize DPS TIME, meaning if you have to move away from the boss and run back to him, you reach your full damage potential faster than you would with less cast speed. But besides a certain threshold to reach 20 stacks before the first one runs out, it's not more than inflating your tooltip dps for e-peen.
ign: AdmiralThrawnx (Ons), Diavolixxx/Leavemealoneplx (HC)
Last edited by thrawnx on Oct 5, 2016, 4:14:52 PM
"
thrawnx wrote:
No dude, you don't understand why the formula is not working. That formula only works with static values, but the cast speed adding DPS value is not static. Let me try to explain it as easy as possible:

Let's assume you have a cast time of 0.1s for your BV. To reach 20 stacks, you need 2s. Your first stack of BV would run out 5.25s after you reach the 20th stack (7.25s total duration). So while you are at full stacks, your cast speed ain't doing shit and is completely falsifying your DPS calculation.

With the old BV (50 stacks) the formula was still not correct, but way closer, cuz it was way harder to reach max. stacks before the first stack is being refreshed. Now you have a much longer time for the cast speed to NOT generate any additional DPS.

mate, the formula negate the dps of cast speed.

you can simpli try it with the spell echo gem:

with spell echo i got about 67.000 tooltip dps - the formula say about 227.000 dps
without the spell echo gem, tooltip: about 31k - the forumla say about 250.000 dps

i got more dmg without spell echo because the 10% less dmg of spell echo

so with the formula the cast speed doesn't matter!
so the formula work right!
!!! Sorry for my "bum english" !!!
Last edited by stexnex on Oct 5, 2016, 4:14:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info