Hate Uber Lab

Guys, if you need 8 ascendancy points, get 8 ascendancy points. It is not that hard. I got mine on my ranger today (4770hp, evasion/acro, not much else in terms of defenses, don't even use AA or basalt/granite flask). Haven't spent them though, not sure what to spend them on.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
yeah, stop whining and man up. I died 3 times to uber, I try every evening a run to kill him. After I fail, I shake my fist into the sky and go to sleep until next try. I've done it before and I will do it again. Hopefully today I will get those last points...

And I used to play a lot in HC, but my girlfriend could not take the tension, so I am zerg dying in sf. And it is ok. Even if I die to uber izaro.
"
"
Nykken wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717632
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Quasireel/characters
looks like he rip'd yesterday.

I'm not questioning that the player had 6 points. I'm questioning that you believe that only top 10 players should be able to complain about being "held back by the last 2 ascendancy points".

You missed that I bolded the words that were completely off-kilter.

There are some builds which require 8 points. not a lot...but there are some. To insinuate that only a specific subset of people can complain about those points is dumb as hell lol.

But the part you bolded was not a ridiculous claim, it's an objective fact.

Player number 11 did not have 8 ascendancy points. Therefore, at the very least, the top 10 is the only place where ascendancy points #7 and #8 could possibly be required.

It's simple logic.
ign: Quepha
Last edited by Nykken on Sep 28, 2016, 5:15:55 PM
"
"
Nykken wrote:

I'm not questioning that the player had 6 points. I'm questioning that you believe that only top 10 players should be able to complain about being "held back by the last 2 ascendancy points".

There are some builds which require 8 points. not a lot...but there are some. To insinuate that only a specific subset of people can complain about those points is dumb as hell lol.

The statement he made had another point.

He says that only people can complain about being held back by only having 6 points are those that achieved more the other people who had 6 points. Which is not entirely fair, since some specs just don't have a use for 8 points, mainly because they were created with only 6 points existing and work that way since then. Other build mainly the Assassin ones get a lot of power from 8 points. My Pathfinder basically gets nice, but not necessary things even after having 4 points.
"
Emphasy wrote:
"
"
Nykken wrote:

The statement he made had another point.

He says that only people can complain about being held back by only having 6 points are those that achieved more the other people who had 6 points. Which is not entirely fair, since some specs just don't have a use for 8 points, mainly because they were created with only 6 points existing and work that way since then. Other build mainly the Assassin ones get a lot of power from 8 points. My Pathfinder basically gets nice, but not necessary things even after having 4 points.

So should Pain Attunement be deleted from the game since there simply aren't enough Shavronne's Wrappings in circulation to make it reasonable for every player to acquire them?

When you pick or design your build, you should make your decision based around your budget and that doesn't just mean how much currency you're willing to put into your gear. If you are unwilling to run Labyrinth for the ascendancy points then you should not play a build that requires the ascendancy points to work.
ign: Quepha
Last edited by Nykken on Sep 28, 2016, 5:44:23 PM
Hi, original feedback giver here. So I took a few days off from PoE and came back last night, made some changes to my character, and did the uber lab today. I respecced about 15 points, mostly to change some of how my character functions, but some efficiency as well. I bought a new helm and shield just to up my armor and recolored my chest in order to change my links. Some of these changes were simply improvements, and some represented significant changes to a build that was generally functioning well. It took me 4 runs. I died once to my own mistake and the game client crashed twice before I successfully finished it.

While I appreciate those who tried to be helpful and give advice in the thread, I largely just did what I had been doing. I completed the first phases in order to make Izaro as easy as possible, used decoy totem, etc. just as I had been doing before. I'm not really interested in farming uber lab, and I'm going to be undoing some of the character changes I made to finish it as I continue mapping, so # of keys isn't really important to me, though Argus is a nice bonus.

I finally got my last points so that my non-hybrid but technically hybrid MoM, Eldritch Battery, Ghost Reaver ice spear inquisitor can sustain casting off ES with that 4% es+mana regen ascendancy node. It might be a stupid build, but its about the only way to make Eldritch Battery not just a stupidly overcomplicated hindrance, and that was the goal.

Now back to the feedback:
I still don't like lab. I still felt really rerouted from the original trajectory I was on as I was progressing through the rest of the game. People already complain about losing portals or maps to lag or game issues, and that's just more pronounced with how the lab works and how little you get out of partial completion. I still felt that frustration. I still felt like it was past the natural time for my lvl 88 character to look to do the uber lab, but that it was unnecessarily more difficult than all the other content that has opened up to my character so far. My original feedback that uber lab makes me like the game less and play the game less is still true. In addition, I have additional feedback after the experience.

Feedback on giving feedback:
GGG, your feedback forums are a total trashbin. I didn't mean to "stir up" uber lab hate, and we still got some of that, but it wasn't my intention. In fact, very vew people who responded even made an attempt to actually address my concerns, frustrations, or difficulties. Some tried to sympathize, which is an appropriate response (while it needs to controlled so as to not just become a platform for their own hatred or issues). I appreciate those people. Some tried to offer reasonable and respectful advice to make it less unpleasant, also an appropriate response and like I mentioned, I appreciate them as well. A lot of people come along and treat me like a mongrel who pooped on their precious carpet. Honestly, "I hate wild strike" met with "then don't play it" and "because you suck?" Classy. So that's my additional feedback, GGG, which you probably already know, but it's not really my goal to change your mind, convince you of something, or effect change, or anything like that, so there you go. Just a little feedback.
"
Nykken wrote:

Player number 11 did not have 8 ascendancy points. Therefore, at the very least, the top 10 is the only place where ascendancy points #7 and #8 could possibly be required.

It's simple logic.

Whether this is true or not: I see no practical relevance.

Simply look at the vast gap between #1 in the ladder and #10 in the ladder at the time of #1 getting 100. If that is due to the power difference between 6 and 8 ascendancy points then you invalidate your own line of argumentation.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Instead of posting a new thread, I thought it prudent to just add my 2 cents here.

I too hate Uber Labs and having to do them to get all the points in the Ascendancy...

I don't like how I feel when going through the tedious maps, and especially hate spending 20 minutes taking my time only to get one shot in the second or third Izaro fights. I know there are plenty of peeps who farm Uber Labs, and good for them. But I am not one of those peeps. I will never set foot in them again once I get my last two points.

It's like movies... I like horror, action, and well, pretty much all genres, expect slasher films. They are just nervous movies with no point. That's how I feel about Uber Labs.

It's like I am watching a great fantasy/action movie then suddenly Hockey Mask Jason shows up and ruins the movie.

Maybe in the expansion you can at least make Uber Labs able to be continued in Standard... maybe once you die it allows you to resume the instance if you have more Offerings to pay.

Otherwise, to be honest, this is something that is likely to push me away from game over time. knowing each character has to contend with some really unenjoyable gameplay (for me).

I know, I know... Git Gud, LTP... etc etc.

Just putting my 2 cents in.
"
Char1983 wrote:
I love Uber lab. Feels like an achievement to finish it. If you can't, just play a build that works with 6 ascendancy points rather than 8, there are plenty of them.

The only thing I find tedious is the RNG-gated nature of the trials, such that if you are unlucky you have to find 30 trials before unlocking the Uber lab.

Hell you dont even have to do that really. Just find someone who can carry you through a run on 2P Scaling and get your 8 points that way. Most people like myself will throw you a carry so long as you either provide the key and at least share the loot or provide the key pay a few chaos and keep ALL the loot for yourself. There's actually a few ways people work it out but regardless if you're not that good at doing the lab and running a build such as a VP leech build that can make it harder there's always the option to get a carry and still get all 8 points.

I've helped a lot of newer players and players who just struggle for whatever reason through merci and uber every league. Normal and Cruel i sometimes get asked for help but those really in my exp you need to at least be capable of doing those on your own otherwise there's too much risk of you dieing even while being carried.

"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Nykken wrote:

It's simple logic.

Whether this is true or not: I see no practical relevance.

Simply look at the vast gap between #1 in the ladder and #10 in the ladder at the time of #1 getting 100. If that is due to the power difference between 6 and 8 ascendancy points then you invalidate your own line of argumentation.

Depends on the class and build actually weather or not those last 2 points will make a huge difference in power. For example my Essence Drain/Decay Trickster litteraly never needed those uber lab points at all. They were for either Frenzy charge and some gen for those charges which would have give me a little bit of damage but not really made much of a difference considering i wasn't scaling frenzy charges in the first place to make good use of those. And the other option was the mana nodes which i did end up with since they helped a lot on no regen maps. But otherwise with or without them there was little to no difference.

There are other classes as well that depending on the build the last 2 points can be little to no use to the build because the main power of the class for that particular build was already gained with the first 4-6. Inquisitor comes to mind as well because once you get the first 4 on a crit build that's all you pretty much NEED. From the the next 2 points from merci give attack and cast speed then the uber lab points are just kinda free for whatever. QOL from the consecrated ground which in my case in essence did nothing for me as a vaal sparker. so again another build that can completely function without the uber lab points. And with the points do little to nothing for the build either.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Feb 26, 2017, 11:03:33 AM
"
renderwurx wrote:

Maybe in the expansion you can at least make Uber Labs able to be continued in Standard... maybe once you die it allows you to resume the instance if you have more Offerings to pay.

Nice idea. Resurrect on-spot for 1x 'Offering'. Even fits thematically.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info