Hate Uber Lab

I totally fkn hate the uber lab trials, i can never find half of them and i often scrap my builds and reroll because i feel too underpowered without the last 2 ascendancy points...

Havent even gotten uberlab yet.
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Then don't do the Uber lab. Most builds actually don't NEED 8 points. In fact, up until 2.2, we did most all of the content without ANY ascending at all!

You know that this is a stupid statement don't you? Pre 2.2 monsters had about 50% of the life they have today plus since atlas many monsters and bosses deal way more dmg than back in the days so playing without ascendancy points is completely not viable today.

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
I totally fkn hate the uber lab trials, i can never find half of them and i often scrap my builds and reroll because i feel too underpowered without the last 2 ascendancy points...

I play a totemmer. i cant do uberlab at 70-75. i can do it around 78 due to gem levels (can circumvent it buy buying gems/gcping but im cheap). can do it fully buffed at 90 with levelled gems (and still levelling gear). prob will do it barely looking at the screen once ill get empower 4.

About finding the trials - i feel this mechanic is really bad. you HAVE to monitor global 820 and do the trials through ppl there. takes 1 hour or more depending on luck. and how early you are in the league. Took me around 30 min this league maybe at 4th day? But took my time and overlevelled a lil.
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:

Then don't do the Uber lab. Most builds actually don't NEED 8 points. In fact, up until 2.2, we did most all of the content without ANY ascending at all!

You know that this is a stupid statement don't you?

I can ask you the same question.
Because your statement is also stupid.
"
666lol666 wrote:
Pre 2.2 monsters had about 50% of the life they have today

Got any solid proofs?
"
666lol666 wrote:
since atlas many monsters and bosses deal way more dmg than back in the days

Again, documented proofs?

And I wonder how do you level up to 70 now then?..
Without Ascendancy at all, like most people do.
Because they run even NormLaby only at (around) lvl 70.
"
666lol666 wrote:
playing without ascendancy points is completely not viable today.

Like totally? Absolutely? 101% NOT viable and NOT possible?
See? Stupid statement.

I'm even more and more tempted to do 1 thing similar to the thing i did in another online game.

Spoiler
In short: that game also had a lot of "upgrades\skills\passives\new mechanics\etc" from patch to patch, and people also claimed that "you ABSOLUTELY can't do X right now without ALL (or some specific) of those "new skills\mechanics\etc", "can't do Y without party", "can't level character Z solo" and other stuff.

What i did? Created a characters who didn't use any of those, levelled solo, and successfully ran all the content mentioned by those whiners (with proofs).

Appears that it was still possible, maybe with some small "preparations" like making own pots before Y dungeon (alchemy is one of the professions) and such.

Simple conclusion (for that game and that case): people just became lazy and spoiled by all the "new introductions".

Nevertheless, can you guess what did they reply? ^_^
(It is, actually, the same words i would hear\read here)

"You are not an 'indicator' ",
"this is not a proof, it's still broken content" (continue with synonyms yourself),
(my favourite) "you are a veteran player, what about newcomers?" (consider the thing that i'm far from "the best player" title)

Heck, using your brains, making some "pre-studying" about the game will make your pastime in the game more enjoyable. But sure, "we are not here to read! we want to faceroll! IT'S A FUCKING GAME AFTERALL"

So yeah, don't see the point of doing it here\wasting the time, because it won't change anything:
newcomers would still suck and ragequit at forum,
you will stick to your opinon no matter what,
and other people, for example, Laby haters, would still flood the Feedback as well.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Last edited by HarukaTeno on Sep 27, 2016, 7:57:54 AM
@HarukaTeno

Don't ask him for proof he can't provide it.

The patch notes state this:

Monster life has been increased in tier 4-12 maps.

So this isn't even a global life increase, like he would suggest.

Furthermore, the only other changes they did in terms of balance for AC classes was introduce the "upgraded" mob type that typically has extra abilities and whenever possible is mainly given to the rare monster of that pack. These are mostly a non factor and were introduced to offset the 6 points, not the 8.

So I have to wonder what he is thinking when the adjustment to monster life is for these "mid tier maps", somehow suggesting the last 2 points are necessary to do the content, but the only place to get these trials really are by doing said content. How can you do the content without the last 2 AC points? The conclusion most people can come up with is that it isn't necessary to get those points to do that content that was adjusted, considering people were able to do tier 13+ maps before without the last 2 points.

That being said doing the uber lab is suppose to be more difficult, challenging and overall is more rewarding then any one of the other labs. The loot, challenge and enchantments are all better, as such it takes a whole new set of trials (only need done once per league) and planning. Almost every build I've seen can function with 6 points, the additional 2 points just give that build that oomph factor.

"
since atlas many monsters and bosses deal way more dmg than back in the days

Monsters weren't adjusted, unless specified in the patch notes. Many boss counters have changed or moved around and as a result do more\less damage. An example would be jungle valley boss now does less damage and doesn't seem to do the chaos damage he did before, but a boss like gorge map has completely changed and I think people will agree he does more damage then his previously lower level counterpart did.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
All Lab = Bad Lab
"
Midgaard12 wrote:

Quasiminions, currently in 11th place on the hardcore essence ladder, only has 6 ascendancy points, and 3 of the characters ahead of them have rip'd. Is your character number 11 on the hardcore ladder?

You literally need to be a top 10 player to legitimately complain that you are held back by not having your last 2 ascendancy points.
ign: Quepha
"
Nykken wrote:
"
Midgaard12 wrote:

Quasiminions, currently in 11th place on the hardcore essence ladder, only has 6 ascendancy points, and 3 of the characters ahead of them have rip'd. Is your character number 11 on the hardcore ladder?

You literally need to be a top 10 player to legitimately complain that you are held back by not having your last 2 ascendancy points.

lmfao. Who needs logic when ridiculous claims work just as well?
"
"
Nykken wrote:
"
Midgaard12 wrote:

lmfao. Who needs logic when ridiculous claims work just as well?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717632
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Quasireel/characters
looks like he rip'd yesterday.
ign: Quepha
"
Nykken wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717632
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Quasireel/characters
looks like he rip'd yesterday.

I'm not questioning that the player had 6 points. I'm questioning that you believe that only top 10 players should be able to complain about being "held back by the last 2 ascendancy points".

You missed that I bolded the words that were completely off-kilter.

There are some builds which require 8 points. not a lot...but there are some. To insinuate that only a specific subset of people can complain about those points is dumb as hell lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info