Hate Uber Lab

That's pretty much it, and it's just my personal feedback. I know there's a lot of hate for the lab in general, which I don't mean to stir up. My personal feeling though is that I just don't enjoy it and I really hate the uber lab especially because every time I want to get my endgame I have to change my build into an uber-capable build (which is a pretty limited category) and grind through it. I can choose to not kill guardians or the shaper if I want to or if my build (poison or something for example) struggles with them. Uber lab isn't the same. Putting ascendancy points behind uber makes me have to do it to finish ANY build. Second league the game stops being fun for a long period of time as soon as I have to finish uber. It's easier to just buy an uber carry, and that makes me feel like the game is a joke. Half the problem isn't even the fight, it's the shitty lag from all the crap in his room (burning ground is like the most dangerous izaro room ffs). Yeah, this is a bit of a rant after my 3rd day of trying the uber lab, dying, and being totally turned off from playing any more for the day (off to dota to work off the frustration), but that's what you have a feedback forum for, so deal with it. Uber lab makes me like the game less and play the game less.
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2017, 2:24:18 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I think the problem with the labyrinth in general is that you HAVE to do it to "finish" a build. If it were a choice, people would probably have a more positive feeling about it. It's content you don't "HAVE" to do, it's just a challenge-mode or something that you do for the fun of it or for the reward.

I really like the Ascendancy mechanic being tied to Lab, it's really cool that they did this, but that coolness does not outweigh the cost of it hampering some build ideas and it honestly does necessitate being "carried" in a lot of cases... Or at the very least, many, many, many attempts until you finally succeed, which is frustrating or at least patience-trying instead of fun (I might like Lab, but I don't want to have to run it that many times with a disadvantaged build when I could just be doing something else).

Meanwhile, there are some builds that trivialize it... it unfairly incentivizes those builds in my opinion.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Sep 26, 2016, 1:53:57 PM
"
Biznits wrote:
That's pretty much it, and it's just my personal feedback. I know there's a lot of hate for the lab in general, which I don't mean to stir up. My personal feeling though is that I just don't enjoy it and I really hate the uber lab especially because every time I want to get my endgame I have to change my build into an uber-capable build (which is a pretty limited category) and grind through it. I can choose to not kill guardians or the shaper if I want to or if my build (poison or something for example) struggles with them. Uber lab isn't the same. Putting ascendancy points behind uber makes me have to do it to finish ANY build. Second league the game stops being fun for a long period of time as soon as I have to finish uber. It's easier to just buy an uber carry, and that makes me feel like the game is a joke. Half the problem isn't even the fight, it's the shitty lag from all the crap in his room (burning ground is like the most dangerous izaro room ffs). Yeah, this is a bit of a rant after my 3rd day of trying the uber lab, dying, and being totally turned off from playing any more for the day (off to dota to work off the frustration), but that's what you have a feedback forum for, so deal with it. Uber lab makes me like the game less and play the game less.

Then don't do the Uber lab. Most builds actually don't NEED 8 points. In fact, up until 2.2, we did most all of the content without ANY ascending at all! That said, most builds are "uber-capable" once they reach a certain level of gear and progression. It takes at most 15 minutes to run?
U MAD?
I love Uber lab. Feels like an achievement to finish it. If you can't, just play a build that works with 6 ascendancy points rather than 8, there are plenty of them.

The only thing I find tedious is the RNG-gated nature of the trials, such that if you are unlucky you have to find 30 trials before unlocking the Uber lab.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Biznits wrote:

Then don't do the Uber lab. Most builds actually don't NEED 8 points. In fact, up until 2.2, we did most all of the content without ANY ascending at all! That said, most builds are "uber-capable" once they reach a certain level of gear and progression. It takes at most 15 minutes to run?

While that's true, you don't need the points, there are build ideas you might to try that actually do need all eight.

My main problem with Labrynth in general is it rewards certain builds a little too much. Izaro fight is very polarizing for some builds. And I'm not talking about the 1.5k hp glasscannon crap people try to pull. How is a true melee character supposed to deal with some of those Izaro buff mechanic-idol things?
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
anubite wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
Biznits wrote:

While that's true, you don't need the points, there are build ideas you might to try that actually do need all eight.

My main problem with Labrynth in general is it rewards certain builds a little too much. Izaro fight is very polarizing for some builds. And I'm not talking about the 1.5k hp glasscannon crap people try to pull. How is a true melee character supposed to deal with some of those Izaro buff mechanic-idol things?
All of the Izaro Buff mechanics have the ability to be deactivated. Sure, you lose treasure keys, but if you are just trying to get your points, then disrupt his charges, deactivate the curses, kill the lieutenants, etc. This makes a HUGE difference. Also, Decoy Totem. Decoy totem is the most OP boss cheesing skill in the game.
U MAD?
true melee - like my moltenstriker (guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1479978) - can handle it just fine while being a for fun build with no real end-game pretence

uber kills some 'build ideas'? well.. if it wasnt uber izaro it would have been a map boss (or most of them) or tough combination of affixes. sorry but bad builds should be culled and removed. not all random gear/passive mixes are 'builds' and people should better start accepting that - not all combination of passives nor all ideas are bound to work well.

character without defences or at least very good movement skills (both character and player himself) is faceroling maps because maps are piss easy. uber lab is a test of build viability - a fair test id add:

it does NOT require UBER dps
it does NOT require 9k hp/20k ES
it does NOT require playing cookie cutter build

here is my gimped CI witch with deliberately gimped damage killing uber izaro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7WJNaqb8Fc
note the absence of instant leech (and marginal leech from circumstantial curse there and there), the low damage making the fight last long and use of Doedre's Elixir to make the fight that little bit spicy. that was the run i ascended 4th time so that wasnt even 'finalized build'

some builds have it easier? well.. for the first time it is not the crit bow or crit caster that has it easy! did that make people play melee regen characters? no. because except for the lab these characters suck badly.
I have yet to run Uber lab because I DESPISE the trials.
Uber lab is definitely the most divisive content ever to be put into poe.

There are some tips though that make Uber Izaro viable for more builds:

1) Decoy Totem. If you can put this in your links (even unlinked) it is amazing to give you reprieve from Izaro's crazy spam (especially on sword and board izaro).

2) Stone Golem. If you are using a golem (most put it in their CWDT setup cause they are annoying to cast) the regen from stone golem is nice. If you are es or ci, then stack "faster start of energy shield recharge" and "faster energy recharge rate". My CI witch is the tankiest char I have that can do uber.

3) Stibnite Flask. Great to blind izaro and get that boost of safety when he bum-rushes you.

I'm not insinuating you can't do izaro...these are just some tips I've picked up that make him MUCH easier on most builds.
Ok, please don't come and tell me crap like "just go with 6 points" and "you don't have to do it." Just think about it for 10 minutes, and you'll realize it's a stupid thing to say. Aside from the fact that what you're telling me is "do something different than what the game naturally presents to you," and that that's a stupid thing to say in just about every instance, there are obvious logistic, min-max reasons it's a dumb thing to say as well as less obvious style and flavor reasons not to tell anyone that in a feedback forum.

LOGISTICS
Just settle for your build never reaching it's potential, right? Who plans a build and stops at 6 points? It's not like each ascendancy notable isn't designed to be a huge power upgrade or possibly build-defining step right? It's not like they add around 30% more power, roughly replacing a gem slot, which in PoE terms means it constitutes 1/7th of the power of a finished build. right? RIGHT? This isn't even like farming stupid chocobo mini-games in FF7. This is WORSE than that because it's still a mini-game to get all the trials, and change my character to play a different way long enough to get the item/materia/ascendancy point, but the goal is even more impactful to completing the rest of the game laid before my character. For some builds it's even more grindy and more impactful(storm call anyone?). If you want to push the technical limits of your build, there's no way around it. If you don't, maybe you're just playing for fun, or to level a character rather than a build, see below.

STYLE
Here we're just having fun and tasting the flavor of the game. The game presents ascendancy notables as 1/4th of the defining feel of my character. Ascendancy means I'm no longer a ranger, I'm a pathfinder. It used to be you were a x-skill user. You were an ice spear build or a flameblast build. Ascendancy even crowded into that space, and was introduced to give your character class greater weight in your identity. Hiding that identity behind endgame content that is very difficult for certain builds is gating stylistic flavor behind statistic power. I either lean on the approach of the previous category (and inherit it's difficulties), or leave him stylistically unfinished. In both ways, the result is unfinished and disappointing.

Yeah, I could stop at 6 points (which is essentially what I've done for the last 3 days, meaning the league is now over for me). Yeah, I could abandon lab altogether and just play the game through normal difficulty and be done. Yeah, you can tell me I suck for not being able to beat the uber lab with whatever build I'm playing. That's all fair to say, and it's all an inappropriate response in a feedback forum. Sorry if I'm a little rude in my directness, but you walked into a clearly labeled rant, so I don't feel that bad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info