The Plan for Upcoming 2.4.x Patches

"
Felipe_GGG wrote:
  • 2.4.2: Up to three new skills (using the Channelling system). It's hard to predict when skills will be ready, as there a lot of moving parts and balance mistakes in either direction are bad. It's likely that we'll be able to sweep a lot of other minor QOL and bugfix improvements into this patch as well.

Here's a wild idea: why not just balance existing skills (ie: buff) so that we can have more build diversity instead of just throwing new skills into the pile of useless ones?

"
Felipe_GGG wrote:
  • 2.4.3: The DirectX 11/64 bit version. This is the big one. We're expecting to release it around a month before 2.5.0 comes out so that we have plenty of time to solve any problems that arise. There will be two Path of Exile executables. A 32 bit DirectX 9 version and the new 64 bit DirectX 11 one. Initially, the DirectX 9 version will be the default and you will need to specifically run the DX11 executable if you would like to try it out. Once 2.5.0 launches, we plan to make DX11 the default if your computer is able to run it. The DX11 client significantly improves performance.

This is freakin' awesome! Finally completes the full revamp to improve PoE's client performance issues. With multithreading, DX11, and 64-bit, we'll finally have a modern game client. Thanks! :-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Sep 26, 2016, 11:28:28 AM
I really hope DX11/64bit will bring performance improvements because the promised improvements in 2.4.0 are unnoticeable during endgame mapping with 4+ fast and spammy characters.
"
I really hope DX11/64bit will bring performance improvements because the promised improvements in 2.4.0 are unnoticeable during endgame mapping with 4+ fast and spammy characters.

I disagree. In instances where there would be tons of mobs or even piles of dead mobs, my game would almost lock at 30fps. Now since 2.4.0 it stays around 60 as it should. (I have VSync ON)
well i would vote for also a linux native client :))

this would make poe perfect
I am really mad to hear that 2.4.2 has the skill gems in it...

I was hoping for 2.4.1 to see some new skills and return to play this game, but there is no reason to play it right now..
Please change forum design, my eyes explode from that, i read read, then look at wall, and see all letters on walls. (Bad colors font)

[Dont need for me anymore https://i.snag.gy/OYKARk.jpg]
Last edited by katumas on Sep 26, 2016, 1:05:11 PM
Can't wait to see what these new skills will be!
Good job as always guys.
DX11 in 2016? A bit late, no? Like almost exactly 7 years late.
GIFF INCINERATE!!
nothing about 2.4.x anything interest me but i am curious about what 2.5.0 will be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info