GGG desires "Player Interaction" in Trading?...

"
Kasapnica wrote:
Supply and demand,also if everyone start listing everything they find,items like shavs will be 50c,GGG then will severely reduce the drop rate and you are left with playing the AH instead the game.

WHy do you think everyone will start to post every item they find? Even if they add automated trade system, you still need space for items. Not everyone has 100 stash pages to dump there everything they find.
Or you though that you will just post item on AH/TH and it will store item for you? Not gonna happen.
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Kasapnica wrote:
Supply and demand,also if everyone start listing everything they find,items like shavs will be 50c,GGG then will severely reduce the drop rate and you are left with playing the AH instead the game.

WHy do you think everyone will start to post every item they find? Even if they add automated trade system, you still need space for items. Not everyone has 100 stash pages to dump there everything they find.
Or you though that you will just post item on AH/TH and it will store item for you? Not gonna happen.

Pretty much covered that in my later reply.

For example,there are 4kind of people there,i will again use abyssus for example.
Some of them,don't trade it.
Some of them,put it for poe.trade.
some of them,get scammed in the trade chat.
But all of them will list it in the big flashing AH button. Thus triggering the chain reaction i explained in my previous post,not the one you quoted.
ELI5 please. Thank you in advance.

"
Kasapnica wrote:
With AH,Abyssus and Shav will get drop rate nerf,sending thm SKY high in price,

Why would there be a drop rate nerf?

"
Kasapnica wrote:
while drillneck and other uniques like it,that are always fun to loot because its easy 10c,wil OVERFLOOD the AH,ti will be like 1c...

If Abyssus and Shav will have a drop rate nerf wouldn't they get a drop rate nerf too?

"
Kasapnica wrote:
What will happen is,sites with RMT,flipper paradise,and playing around the AH for entire day,your average casual will never even experience fun in this game,even worse than now probably.

How will sites with RMT work specifically since we can't even trade MTX's? Is flipping not already a thing today? Will your average casual, who can't farm enough currency, not enjoy it since there's a drop in prices as you mentioned?

"
Kasapnica wrote:
This will also ENFORCE people to play only the most OP builds possible for the worst gear possible,which in turn will even more than now,reduce the diversity...

I thought build enabling uniques would flood the market, will this not enable more build diversity since more people can afford it, and try to build around those cheap uniques?

"
Kasapnica wrote:
Its a chain reaction,people don't even bother to think outside the box...Not only it will get harder to get good items,it will also ruin the balance even more.

I'm sorry, with all due respect, I don't think you have a valid point in there or maybe I'm just too dumb to understand, please explain further if possible.

The only problem I see is that there is no item sink.
Every possible item out there we can buy, use then sell.
And the game is producing more everyday and the game is not destroying any of it.
Without more new people playing the game, and more old players in farming mode, then we will be flooded with items.
And bots, which GGG will need to handle by designing the trade system with checks, like needing to input some captcha image and inputing it before you can do trade.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
"
Kasapnica wrote:

Pretty much covered that in my later reply.

For example,there are 4kind of people there,i will again use abyssus for example.
Some of them,don't trade it.
Some of them,put it for poe.trade.
some of them,get scammed in the trade chat.
But all of them will list it in the big flashing AH button. Thus triggering the chain reaction i explained in my previous post,not the one you quoted.

You dont understnad. I am asking why people would trade all their items when they add AH If they don't do it now?
People would answer this question differently: Would the game be any fun if you could have what ever item you wanted?

Some would say Hell yes! Others would say absolutely not.

That's the problem here. There's different people with different ways to play. Automating trade would ruin the game... for many. Lack of automated trade ruins the game for some.

Question is only who has the most money to support GGG's development?
Don't be naive, people. It's a sugar coated excuse of the same caliber, as the predictive mode/desync agenda.

Implementation of a working trade system is costly and brings no profit. Better sell premium tabs instead.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Sep 25, 2016, 8:53:45 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
People would answer this question differently: Would the game be any fun if you could have what ever item you wanted?

Some would say Hell yes! Others would say absolutely not.

That's the problem here. There's different people with different ways to play. Automating trade would ruin the game... for many. Lack of automated trade ruins the game for some.

Question is only who has the most money to support GGG's development?

I tend to agree that players have different takes on what they enjoy in a game. I guess from what we have now, the most profitable people for GGG would tend to resist an automated trading. I guess they are the most who can profit from such a cumbersome and roundabout system.

"
torturo wrote:
Don't be naive, people. It's a sugar coated excuse of the same caliber, as the predictive mode/desync agenda.

Implementation of a working trade system is costly and brings no profit. Better sell premium tabs instead.

They could actually sell more premium tabs if GGG build the trade system around it. If more people enjoy trading then they would be enticed in buying premiums since it is a core requirement in automated trading.

I'm not really complaining, for now POE.trade is doing a great job for me.
Just that I don't engage in it so much because of how it is.
And surely new players, when they reach a point where they will want to trade would be dismayed,
that such a great game with damn good mechanics and skill tree, would have lackluster trading system. Well maybe its for the greater good.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"
GGG desires "Player Interaction" in Trading?...

more like: GGG desires Trading to be a pain in the ass...
"
element274 wrote:

They could actually sell more premium tabs if GGG build the trade system around it. If more people enjoy trading then they would be enticed in buying premiums since it is a core requirement in automated trading.

If the only way to use "automatic trade" would be premium stash, PoE wouldn't be F2P game anymore.
Trading is very important, so it can't be only "for those who pay"
"
Aynix wrote:
"
element274 wrote:

If the only way to use "automatic trade" would be premium stash, PoE wouldn't be F2P game anymore.
Trading is very important, so it can't be only "for those who pay"

You can still do normal trade and still can use POE.trade for trade listings.
This is Quality of Life improvement not P2W, that's how I see it.
And I guess you could already manage by just buying one set of premiums.
A $10-$20 donation to GGG for doing a great job.

But if you think that this is definitely P2W, then there's nothing I could do about it.
And you'll have anxiety problems arising from a feeling that you've been duped into thinking that this game is totally free. And that GGG can get money from their asses to pay for their employees and server maintenance and somehow create expansions and leagues just by flicking their fingers.

Ahh, sorry about that Aynix, I guess these things can 'trigger' me. lol :P
Filthy Casual Scrub.
Last edited by element274 on Sep 25, 2016, 10:45:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info