GGG desires "Player Interaction" in Trading?...

You're doing it wrong.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon

i saved this image from near the end of prophecy league because a topic came up about it before. I guess im the only person who ever gets people trying to barter prices down and such.

/s

Theres plenty of trade interaction in the game, even if it is just a "thank you, have a good one", thats enough to warrant keeping a more traditional system (not to mention the traditional setup is far better than a modern one in many aspects).

Tradings fine as is, though if i had it my way i would remove the API, create a new town segment where people setup shops and list items for sale, you must attend your booth to sell, you cannot play AND sell which would be very, very different from what we have now.

Thats more of an old school maple story setup, to be honest i really enjoyed that kind of setup and i dont think ive ever played any other game that used such a classic, simple, yet effective trading system.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Sep 25, 2016, 2:44:22 AM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
I guess im the only person who ever gets people trying to barter prices down and such.

Not really bartering down but I've traded for Gemcutter's Prisms and Cartographer's Chisels instead of Chaos Orbs when I've been low.

And usually for a better ratio than if I'd first had to trade the other currencies into Chaos Orbs through another player.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Like half of the people I have on my f-list are from trading and ended up chatting
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
lol t4t is some interaction. I'm overwhelmed with interaction.

And the ppl who think u cant automate that its simple really

I'd say about 1/4 of ppl I trade with are humans.. I test this and message them like stuff and no reply

I never answer after the trade. I'm not playing the game to talk, I move on. And the case is, many people don't even know english.
Spreading salt since 2006
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It's more about removing the automated trading tools than worrying about interaction. They understand that trading has to be cumbersome or it ruins the game.

This. Automated trading would ruin the game.

Care to explain why? Just pulling a statement right out of your a*piieeeep* doesn't make sence without an explanation!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Supply and demand,also if everyone start listing everything they find,items like shavs will be 50c,GGG then will severely reduce the drop rate and you are left with playing the AH instead the game.

Watched countless of videos and read countless of stuff regarding AH system in PoE,and people just jump on the road with less resistance,that often end up as the wrong way.

Are you for AH or just tired of the current trade? id say its the later...

A cumbersome trade is needed in order to keep the economy in check,otherwise we will have D3.

And only ignorant people think that the ONLY problem in D3 back then was the itemization.

In my opinion,all we need is the poe.trade to get properly sponsored and get better detection for players being AFK or items that are already sold.

Though,depending on what i buy,i often end up chatting with people. So yea...
Last edited by Kasapnica on Sep 25, 2016, 7:09:07 AM
In my opinion it is most cumbersome to search similar items on poe.trade to price check.The actual listing and selling part of the trading is rather acceptable compared to price checking.If at least they could implement poe.trade into the game itself for easy price checking.
Last edited by Bznga on Sep 25, 2016, 7:27:46 AM
Simple example.

Lets get Drillneck,which is pretty common and it costs 10c,Abyssus,thats not very common and costs 50c,and finaly Shavrone thats like 7ex.

With AH,Abyssus and Shav will get drop rate nerf,sending thm SKY high in price,while drillneck and other uniques like it,that are always fun to loot because its easy 10c,wil OVERFLOOD the AH,ti will be like 1c...have fun collecting enough for Abyssus and Shavs,with pretty much nothing else being able to sell for more than 1-5c because of inflation.

What will happen is,sites with RMT,flipper paradise,and playing around the AH for entire day,your average casual will never even experience fun in this game,even worse than now probably.

This will also ENFORCE people to play only the most OP builds possible for the worst gear possible,which in turn will even more than now,reduce the diversity...

Its a chain reaction,people don't even bother to think outside the box...Not only it will get harder to get good items,it will also ruin the balance even more.
Last edited by Kasapnica on Sep 25, 2016, 7:25:34 AM
"
Kasapnica wrote:
Supply and demand,also if everyone start listing everything they find,items like shavs will be 50c,GGG then will severely reduce the drop rate and you are left with playing the AH instead the game.

Watched countless of videos and read countless of stuff regarding AH system in PoE,and people just jump on the road with less resistance,that often end up as the wrong way.

Are you for AH or just tired of the current trade? id say its the later...

A cumbersome trade is needed in order to keep the economy in check,otherwise we will have D3.

And only ignorant people think that the ONLY problem in D3 back then was the itemization.

In my opinion,all we need is the poe.trade to get properly sponsored and get better detection for players being AFK or items that are already sold.

Though,depending on what i buy,i often end up chatting with people. So yea...

Making trading difficult to keep economy in check only shows how after many years, developers haven't actually come to the solution of the problem.

I agree, unique items would be worth less, but rare items would become more expensive, as good rare items are more uncommon than a rare unique drop.

I found no problems with D3 auction, what happened afterwards buried the game. (also negative price listings lol)
Spreading salt since 2006

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info