GGG desires "Player Interaction" in Trading?...

This has been confusing for me since I heard this. GGG really wants Player Interaction to be the core of the trading system.

The problem is there is no player interaction in trading currently. No one cards about the person they are trading, they just want to pay for the item they desire, and be on their way.

It is like reality. You go any market or store and all you want is to buy the things you want or need. The cashier just wants to make sure you are paying in full the listed price. This is not real person to person interaction, its a chore we do because we have to.

In POE we just whisper people, weed through the false online postings on poe trade, and offer the requested price. Then we got to group up to complete the trade and off we go likely to never see each other again.

I don't understand what GGG desires in the current trading system cause in 5 years I think only a handful of people have ever tried to negotiate a price. So why not just add a system of trade that matches our desires for trade. Any second we are trading is a llss of potential profit and progression regardless of the fact we are gaining or losing currency during a trade. It doesn't help that trading is impossible in Lab.

A more autonomous method of trade solves our problems and is what we desired for years.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
Last bumped on Sep 28, 2016, 12:10:35 AM
It's more about removing the automated trading tools than worrying about interaction. They understand that trading has to be cumbersome or it ruins the game.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It's more about removing the automated trading tools than worrying about interaction. They understand that trading has to be cumbersome or it ruins the game.

This. Automated trading would ruin the game.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I agree with the above, but my issue is always how they must sugar coat bullshit instead of just coming out and saying it.

There is no player interaction right now in 99% of trades that occur (outside of copy + paste poe.trade message, t4t, t4t). So just come out and say why it really isn't here imo.

Atm they can be as lazy as fuck and never fix trade, I sincerely hope the poe.trade guy one day decides to fuck with the game by taking down the website for a week.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
lol t4t is some interaction. I'm overwhelmed with interaction.

And the ppl who think u cant automate that its simple really

I'd say about 1/4 of ppl I trade with are humans.. I test this and message them like stuff and no reply
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 24, 2016, 9:16:02 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Fully disagree. Trading as it is now ruins the game far more than automated trading.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
Druga1757 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Fully disagree. Trading as it is now ruins the game far more than automated trading.

This. It doesn't matter if it's automated or you gotta run an entire map to get something. The issue is that you can pretty much buy 99.5% of items with the stuff you find on the ground. There is absolutely 0, ZERO, incentive to craft anything or roll anything or chaos spam anything, let alone drop an exalt to get some random affix that will most likely be garbage when you can put that currency towards the item you want.

Standard's economy is pretty much at a standstill, which only nubs penny pinching for a few alchs. In leagues, the no-lifers set the pace out the gate and after a week what you could move for 5c is basically vendor trash because they are already geared and running pale courts or Shaper guardians.

It has nothing to do with how trades work in and of itself, it has everything to do with the fact that you can trade pretty much everything.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Jgizle wrote:
I think only a handful of people have ever tried to negotiate a price.

I dont know what league youre playing, but in Essence HC and the leagues before, in at least the half of the trades the people try to negotiate, and mostly with success. I do the same when i want a higher priced item.

Ill guess without trading i'd have a very small friendlist since public mapping groups are gone. Mostly its just invite, trade, ty, leave. But i guess at least one time each day I'm realy talking (not about trading) with the one i just traded.

So, i would say they could hardly do worse than an automated trading system.

But i think you know all that, i guess the reason youre flaming about is you want earn currency without even any effort and i bet youre a one of the guys who sometimes not even reply cause a chaos or something isnt worth it or whatever.

I know, sometimes it sucks getting 3 request while playing a map and I realy wish I could go offline in poe.trade (not possible atm if you are in the ladder).

Edit:

"
There is absolutely 0, ZERO, incentive to craft anything or roll anything or chaos spam anything, let alone drop an exalt to get some random affix that will most likely be garbage when you can put that currency towards the item you want.

I fully disagree. I dont know whats going in standart, but in the ladders and the "normal" Hardcore league crafting is worth it if you know a little bit about it. I do crafting almost every league (mostly base craftig, not the realy hard stuff). With a little effort its no problem to craft some decent stuff, sites like exilemods.com etc gives you a lot information about that, and when youre know what youre doing, even yolo exalting can be worth it.
ign: Amokherz
Visit the german PoE Community: http://www.exiled.eu
Last edited by seelenquell on Sep 24, 2016, 10:27:39 PM
Yes me too. Not every trade, but quite a few I have interactions with folks. Mostly positive.
Censored.
The whole interaction via trading is just one of the oldest and stupidest excuse at this point. But it's not going anywhere.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info