[2.6] Norse's Earthquake Slayer / Budget Viable / Guardian & Shaper Farmable

"
iiss wrote:
If I dont have Cospri's do i just drop one of the auras or should i run some different setup?

you can consider getting a standalone skill just for some functionality until your cospri.

some suggestions:
- vaal/normal detonate dead (prevent resurrection, might help a little in breach)
- vaal haste (boost speed is always nice)
- any preferred golem (pseudo-taunt, adds some offence/defense depending on your golem choice)
- vengance is a cute touch (i used it for way too long lol, don't recommend it though)

"
wilfred25 wrote:
"
CliffAhead wrote:
"
wilfred25 wrote:
I think im doing something wrong im level 84 but feel like im doing no damage only 14k and that seems low for me, can someone look at my profile and tell me what im doing wrong? I know i need the links but still it feels to weak for some reason.

Sorry for my bad english.

the fella above me already commented on your gear, so i won't touch on it (but what's with all the missing gems? you're playing on a 2-/3-link skills and complaining about doing no damage?)

skill tree wise:

- why not pick up executioner? it's 3 points for 54% increased physical damage. the increased stun duration works well with leap slam and "endurance charge on melee stun" support

- you missed splitting strikes. get it.

- where're all your jewel slots? that's alot of damage/life missing from all those jewels.

- re-did your skill tree a little:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQSzBS0HdQmWC2EMcA48E0wUIBRNFHEV7BfhGJEaOCFVIWAm-CcgJy8nnyz7MZ41kjkOOlI64TwFPC1AoEa3R35N404yUEdZ814TXz9hIWFSZFJlTWWnZ5to8m8ncql07XTxdqx4enrve3R82YIHg1-DzITZhO-Fp4ZghrSHaooiivCPYJBVl3maaqIApTWmV6knqZSsqq2Nrj6uUK9ssoC3PrkdvJ-9Nr6nwGbApsT2xq7KkM9-02_Yvdl82sHcPeRR6UbqGOsJ7w7vTu988B_yRfcy-Ov8S_4K_o8=

- here's my own take on skill tree for your reference:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQSzBS0HdQmWCbsLYQxwDjwTTBQgFHEV7BfhGJEaOCFVIWAm-CcgJy8nnymlLPsxnjWSOQ46UjrhO7Y8BTwtQKBGt0d-SdVN404yUEdZ814TXz9hIWFSZFJlTWWnZ5toWGhlaPJvJ3KpdO108XaseHp673t0fNmCB4Nfg8yE2YTvhaeGYIa0h2qJ2IoiivCMz49gkFWXeZpqogClNaZXqSeplKyqrY2uPq5Qr2yygLc-uR28n702vqfAZsCmxPbGrsqQz37Tb9eW2L3ZfNrB3D3kUelG6hjrCe8O707vfPAf8kXzb_Pd9WH2SPcy-Ov-Cv6P

edit: to add, your missing links is the main reason you feel so weak.

Thanks dude, i know it sounds like im complaining but i was sure that i was doing something wrong, im a new player and i was just trying to follow the build without thinking and that was wrong on my part, i never took the jewel slots because i didnt know if i should prioritize another point over the jewel slot, now i know.

Ill star re doing the tree and thank you again for your help.

no problem. i try to hang around here when i can.

Just got to L91 on my slayer following this build, having a ton of fun with it.

linking skills are extremely important. barring build-enabling uniques, it gives the most damage boost.

jewel are cheap to obtain for good stats and should be looked at at your current level.
I am currently at level 88 and below you can find my gear. What do you think it should be my next upgrades:

"
Zenminded wrote:
Loving the build so far.

Up to lvl 82 so far and feel very squishy in a lot of situations. DPS feels nice and smooth.

Someone mind having a look at my gear and char and advising-critizising?

Would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know how to link my gear sorry!

dude....... where do i begin......

- 4-link your gloves please. you have a atziri's disfavour and cospri's will; your gloves is a disgrace to your character.;

- if you're squishy, swap out added fire damage for fortify support in your atziri. with cospri and atziri you should be able to 1-shot most T14 mob packs. survivability > damage. a dead slayer does not damage. Use leap slam + faster attack + blood magic + anything for mobility around map without mana concerns. for the last link, either "endurance charge on melee stun" or a standalone skill. (read my reply above to someone else for standalone skill suggestions.

- boots: get an "Enhance" support gem to fill up the last slot. dual curse + enhance wrecks havoc on mobs.

- chestpiece: swap faster attacks and hatred. right now, "faster attacks" is not linked to your Ancestral Warchief totem, you're losing on tons of dps.

- once your gem has reached the max level (L20), vendor the gem TOGETHER with 1x Gemcutter's Prism. it will return you with a Level 1, 20% quality gem. it's time-consuming but it's a free upgrade.

- your skill tree: i reworked it a little. here's my take on it. (scroll 1 page before for my own skill tree for your info. (i see you took some extra dex/int nodes and assume you need those for your skill gems, so i made your skill tree with that in mind and picked up 30dex/int nodes

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQSzBS0HdQmWC2EMcA48E0wUIBRNFHEV7BfhGJEaOCFVIWAm-CcgJy8nnyz7MZ41kjkOOlI64TwFPC1AoEd-TeNOMlBHWfNeE18_YVJkUmVNZ5to8m8ncql07XTxdqx4enrvfNl99YIHg1-DzITZhO-FUoWnhmCGtIdqiiKK8I9gkFWXeZpqogClNaZXqSeplKyqrY2uPq9ssoC3PrkdvJ-9Nr6nwGbApsQVxPbGrsqQz37Yvdlh2Xzawdw95FHpRuoY6wnvDu9O73zwH_JB8kX3Mvjr_Ev-Cv6P

if you're not lacking of stats, remove the big dex/int nodes and pick up a jewel slot at the bottom center of your skill tree.
"
bibanul wrote:
I am currently at level 88 and below you can find my gear. What do you think it should be my next upgrades:

nice gear! can't say much about upgrades but you need a anti-free flask asap. when you're freezed you have 0 damage reduction.

your death knuckle coral ring is pretty useless. you don't need the light radius and accuracy rating. pretty much what it gives you is +life and that little bit of lightning resistance. you can get a upgrade for 1 chaos lol.
Last edited by CliffAhead on Apr 12, 2017, 2:16:56 AM
I end up making one of these every league as a sort of reward for trying (and generally failing) weirder builds. This time was Crit Staff Infernal Blow, which worked well enough but I just can't play Namelock for extended period. In any event, it's always immensely relaxing playing this char.

ShaperOfHairstyles, GarnierPosterBoy and the (sadly now deleted) AtzubiPersonalShopper have been a lot of fun.

"
Last edited by Galadedrid on Apr 12, 2017, 2:47:00 PM
A few weeks ago I bought a *Corrupted* 6L RRRGGB Disfavour because I figuged, "there's no way in hell I'll get a 6L RRRRGB Cospri's". Well, of course I found the method of Jeweler crafting the colors you want on the Cospri's and I just 6-linked it. So now my problem is that I'm getting Poison from my Cospri's, but I also am running Poison and Rapid Decay in my Disfavour. Can't re-color my axe and there's no other useful green support gem I can think of. First world problems.

Also, is 16K DPS EQ really low at level 87?
"
Fookes wrote:
A few weeks ago I bought a *Corrupted* 6L RRRGGB Disfavour because I figuged, "there's no way in hell I'll get a 6L RRRRGB Cospri's". Well, of course I found the method of Jeweler crafting the colors you want on the Cospri's and I just 6-linked it. So now my problem is that I'm getting Poison from my Cospri's, but I also am running Poison and Rapid Decay in my Disfavour. Can't re-color my axe and there's no other useful green support gem I can think of. First world problems.

you *could* consider using blind as a defensive setup. doesn't help with dps but helps with physical melee damage mitigation.

at work right now, but off the top of my head, my EQ tooltip in hideout is about 21k. what's your gear and skill tree like? i tweaked the guide's build to my own liking.
"
Fookes wrote:

At level 89 my EQ tooltip DPS is 16.8k, take into consideration that i dont have most jewels yet and the one i have are mediocare at best, My gems are not 20/20 yet (most of them) and that my gear is not optimal (right now i ele week caped and not damage oriented as im working on my maps pool ATM)
"
CliffAhead wrote:
"
Fookes wrote:

you *could* consider using blind as a defensive setup. doesn't help with dps but helps with physical melee damage mitigation.

at work right now, but off the top of my head, my EQ tooltip in hideout is about 21k. what's your gear and skill tree like? i tweaked the guide's build to my own liking.

Here's my tree https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAASzBS0HdQmWC2EMcA48EuETTBQgFE0UcRXsF-EYkRo4IVUm-CefLdIuUzGeNZI5DjpSOuE7tjwFPC1AoEd-TeNOMlBHV1RZ814TXz9hIWFSZFJlTWWnZ5to8nKpdO12rHh6eu97dHzZggeDX4PMhNmE74WnhmCGtIdqirOK8JBVkc6TqJd5nz6f36IAouqlNaZXqSeplKyqrj6uUK9ssoC3Prkdu-28n702vqfAZsCmxPbGrsqQz37Tb9i92Xzawdw95FHpRuoY7w7vTu988B_yRfPd9WH3Mvjr_Ev-Cv6P
I deviated some, and I'm considering dropping 2-3 of the endurance charges to get jewel slots for life/damage. Blind is a decent idea - I tried using Blood Rage but I realized pretty quickly that the Less Duration was making BR a pain in the ass to keep up.

Last edited by Fookes on Apr 13, 2017, 10:33:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info