[2.6] THE NEW FAKENER | DISCHARGE | SUPER FAST STRANDS | Cospris Malice | 9k+ ES | STILL GREAT AOE

"
Rexeos wrote:
Spoiler
So I get inspired by "thinktwice1416" with provided link to Pathfinder Discharge Firestorm build and tweaked build a bit so now is able to farm Shaper and do all maps. Didnt tried Uber Atzir and Hall of Grandmasters yet but I guess it will work now as well.

Its with 88% chance to hit. 8.5k es without Energy from Within - its better to use jewel slot for damage jewel. Discharge has 1.7k dps on tooltip, its 68k dps with Power Charges. Firestorm has 7.5k vs 12.2k dps and works as replace for nerfed 2x Blade Vortex to sustain Power Charges.

Didnt tried that gem instead of Faster Attacks in armor, but I guess it can work too. Reason for Faster Attack is mobility. Therefore in this build are 2 quicksilver flasks which help to dodge attacks and help with attack too. Attack speed is 6.1 in this scenario.

Cospri without life leech has 100k dps but its not enough to kill Shaper and keep Vinktar on for life leech. Didnt tried to put Life Leech into armor, but from other maps I know its not reliable.

Shaper can be killed without Vinktar. But Vinktar helps when there are Vortex on the ground and I was using it only in that case and in fight with Unshaped forms. Lightning Penetration flask is better due more damage.

That jewel using for leveling and Increased Area Effect gem instead of Concentrated.

Regards more tweaks: there would be good to have Vinktar pene flask, Oak flask, penetration on belt and penetration enchant on boots. For armor instead of Empower take Longer Duration gem and instead of Attack Speed take Power Charge on Crit. PCOC for sure if go with helmet enchant More Dicharge Damage, as this enchant can work better if go with only one Discharge and no 2x. If all that would be on place, than maybe will be enough leech with: CWDT + Warlord Mark and Cospri with Discharge + Conc Effect + Controlled Destruction.

Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAQ18DdEOSA-rD8QQkhEvEVARlhXXFr8XsBhdGyUbyBzcIG4i9CM2JIso-ioLKjgrCiy_MjIy0TW5O3w8BT1fQZZFR0V8RnFJUUmxSotLrkyzUDBSKVJTUxBV4FZjV8lYWl3yX2pgQ2NDZlRsC20ZbWxuPXBSf8aCm4MJhMWFe4V9hq6J04wLjDaMdo8aj_qTJ5eVl5eX9Jo7m7Wf36EvoqOnK63xrrO0DLQ4tUi4k7jKuXy5k7xvvoC-isBmwcXDCcM6ytPP3dAf0NDQ9dfP2VvZhtte44TlGekC6rrrY-vu6_XsGOw47LDvfO-I7-vw1fGK8h35N_v1

Under line note:
I was trying that setup with 2x Discharge instead of Firestorm when I had 380% critical multiplier and it was not working for me - lack of sustain Charges (as was said - Blade Vortex is missing); I guess Choir of the Storm is better, but more testing is needed to confirm that.

Good luck and have a fun :).

Interesting write up and discoveries, i'll do some testing around this for sure
The New Fakener: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1740806
The Freezerator: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748363
Elementalist EK Prolif: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1896772
Clearspeed Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1956548
"
vvamic wrote:
Regarding the garena build (in chinese) that video is based upon, if you want the exact skill gem links used, pm me and i will give you the links.

Hey Mate,

can you send me the Gems used for the PF build? I think about trying it out on my PF and my TW isn't that good :D
Jeebus this build is expensive in 2.6 right now.
I just think it's pointless to try and turn a speed mapping build into a shaper killer. If you want to kill shaper, there are builds that can do it much more efficiently. You can't be the best at mapping and boss farming.
"
maddognils wrote:
"
Rexeos wrote:
Spoiler
So I get inspired by "thinktwice1416" with provided link to Pathfinder Discharge Firestorm build and tweaked build a bit so now is able to farm Shaper and do all maps. Didnt tried Uber Atzir and Hall of Grandmasters yet but I guess it will work now as well.

Its with 88% chance to hit. 8.5k es without Energy from Within - its better to use jewel slot for damage jewel. Discharge has 1.7k dps on tooltip, its 68k dps with Power Charges. Firestorm has 7.5k vs 12.2k dps and works as replace for nerfed 2x Blade Vortex to sustain Power Charges.

Didnt tried that gem instead of Faster Attacks in armor, but I guess it can work too. Reason for Faster Attack is mobility. Therefore in this build are 2 quicksilver flasks which help to dodge attacks and help with attack too. Attack speed is 6.1 in this scenario.

Cospri without life leech has 100k dps but its not enough to kill Shaper and keep Vinktar on for life leech. Didnt tried to put Life Leech into armor, but from other maps I know its not reliable.

Shaper can be killed without Vinktar. But Vinktar helps when there are Vortex on the ground and I was using it only in that case and in fight with Unshaped forms. Lightning Penetration flask is better due more damage.

That jewel using for leveling and Increased Area Effect gem instead of Concentrated.

Regards more tweaks: there would be good to have Vinktar pene flask, Oak flask, penetration on belt and penetration enchant on boots. For armor instead of Empower take Longer Duration gem and instead of Attack Speed take Power Charge on Crit. PCOC for sure if go with helmet enchant More Dicharge Damage, as this enchant can work better if go with only one Discharge and no 2x. If all that would be on place, than maybe will be enough leech with: CWDT + Warlord Mark and Cospri with Discharge + Conc Effect + Controlled Destruction.

Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAQ18DdEOSA-rD8QQkhEvEVARlhXXFr8XsBhdGyUbyBzcIG4i9CM2JIso-ioLKjgrCiy_MjIy0TW5O3w8BT1fQZZFR0V8RnFJUUmxSotLrkyzUDBSKVJTUxBV4FZjV8lYWl3yX2pgQ2NDZlRsC20ZbWxuPXBSf8aCm4MJhMWFe4V9hq6J04wLjDaMdo8aj_qTJ5eVl5eX9Jo7m7Wf36EvoqOnK63xrrO0DLQ4tUi4k7jKuXy5k7xvvoC-isBmwcXDCcM6ytPP3dAf0NDQ9dfP2VvZhtte44TlGekC6rrrY-vu6_XsGOw47LDvfO-I7-vw1fGK8h35N_v1

Under line note:
I was trying that setup with 2x Discharge instead of Firestorm when I had 380% critical multiplier and it was not working for me - lack of sustain Charges (as was said - Blade Vortex is missing); I guess Choir of the Storm is better, but more testing is needed to confirm that.

Good luck and have a fun :).

Interesting write up and discoveries, i'll do some testing around this for sure

Best setup so far with 2x Vinktar Pene flask, one Quicksilver and helmet with Not Consume Charges enchant. More items/enchant/mods for penetration are now highest priority, Oak flask probably next step..
Last edited by Rexeos on Mar 30, 2017, 3:37:27 AM
Well, did some testing with the firestorm and choir setup(Pure lightning discharge). Here is the change in gear.

1.Voll's devotion switched to Choir of the Storm
2. 6 Link Voll's chest (Cyclone+Increased Crit+Firestorm+Pcoc+Coc+Fortify)

Standard is such a barren land, so hard to buy a 20/20 firestorm, couldn't even find one for 60c, so had to do with a 20/14

Skill tree respec EE & the endurance charge node near templar, investing them into Light of Divinity. Rest of the gear & tree remains unchanged.

Tried to do 2 runs each i.e white map Chimera & Minotaur. Was able to kill them but it was quite slow. I have close to 500 crit multi & 21/20 damage gems, so damage is quite high enough. Endurance charge discharge with voll's devotion even without EE is faster than the pure lightning discharge setup. With EE it's even better.

I had tried the firestorm no EE setup before but without Choir, even with it I doubt it's an improvement maybe even a downgrade.

Perhaps the OP or someone else can find better results.
Last edited by vvamic on Mar 30, 2017, 6:28:37 PM
I have run around 20x Shaper and 40x lvl 16 maps, Uber Atziri as well, Uber Izaro is like regular mob, and finally found1 reliable setup!

Shaper - This setup makes Power Charges regenerate pretty stable, keeping it on 7 charges pretty constantly, and therefore fight is more smooth, dmg is constant, life leech as well. Vinktar is not needed, but can be handy. Downside is attack/movement speed, so take care about Ground Slam and Vortex - Quicksilver flask works here best.

Life Leech gem in Cospri works fine vs 4x bosses and Shaper as well, for Shaper can switch for Controlled Destruction (viz. "Alternative:".) and use Vinktar when needed. For Unshaped form use Vinktar (maybe 2x) and freeze imune flask.

Uber Atziri - take Immune to Burn flask, use Life Leech Gem setup Cospri for mobs, for bosses Controlled Destruction
- Trio kill with 2xVinktar: get close to Alira and Cyclone at her back - in that way you kill her first, rest simply Cyclone with Vinktar.
- Uber Atziri: you have to dodge spells or to have at least 8350es to survive one shot and pray for not beeing shot with her physical arrow. You can pass on Deaths Door and take high es faster movement boots, but not necessary. Main strategy is to wait till she casts Flame Blast and attack her after. This build is slow so if Cyclone is triggered, Flame Blast will kill you, no doubt.
- Mirror phase: Triple that rule when fighting during mirror phase, you should be able to kill one mirror before she casts 2nd Flame Blast. If not, count to 4, Shield Charge to another mirror for leech, she cast Flame Blast below you feet again, you move back to firstly attacked mirror. In this phase you have fight all time due life leech or you will in 99% time die.
- Uber Fire/Lightning Storm simply get into good spot and wait if Atziri casts Flame Blast. If she does, Shield Charge to her. If you wont be able to kill her fast, every few seconds stop Cyclone and check if she casts Flame Blast to have time to get into safe place.

Its with 88% Chance to Hit, 7.9k es, tooltip dmg 1.5k and 1.8k vs 95 and 110k dps, attack speed 4.33, 481% crit. Lower a bit damage to take Energy from Withing for 8.4k es for Uber Atziri, Shaper can be beaten with 6k es.

Alternative:
2.1k and 1.9k vs 150k and 95k dps. I fought one phase without using any flask. Recommened if have high dps so Warlord Mark can be on Cast when Damage Taken, and with 2 (ideally 3?) Vinktars.

Tree.

In final build there still can be small changes like Oak flask, enchants for ele pene, what curse to choose, accuracy rating on rings to rise %hit chance, golem casted by CWDT and not manually etc.

There is chance that another movement spell can be useful mainly in Uber fight, but didnt search/tried out.

So thats it. It was quite fun.

Good luck and Have a fun :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Progress: Comparition builds tested in last 3 days
Comparision Choir of the Storm vs Volls Devotion based builds - each run Shaper minimum 4x with already 481% crit multi. Those from before 2 days was lower by one hundred or more.

with following setups:
Volls Devotion 3G3B: Cyclone + Cast on Crit + Accuracy Rating/Attack Speed/Blade Vortex + Increased Crit Strikes Support + Power Charge on Crit + Discharge.

Choir of the storm 3B2G1R: Cyclone + Cast on Crit + Increased Crit Strikes Support + Power Charge on Crit + Firestorm + Increased Duration.

Shaper
Choir of the Storm: Charges regeneration is very stable, damage and Life Leech and fight time is stable/constant as well, there is no much need of using Vinktar if fight is played right/skilled. This setup doesnt need so high Crit Multi as Volls Devotion to work resp to kill Shaper.

Volls Devotion: damage sometimes is better than Choir of the Storm, but sometimes its lower, but overall/average is faster. Its because regeneration of Charges is not constant. Few fight with Shaper was very long with at least 12 Vortex on the ground, other time minimum was 4. Life Leech from 10x Shaper fights failed at least 3x - when there are low Power Charges, Cyclone/Discharge doesnt have to crit in crucial moment and that leads to death. Its more reliant on flasks than Choir of the Storm. Nevertheless is better choice if there is more crit multi, more than 450.

Unshaped form: its equal, every time I ended up with used same amount of flasks.

4x bosses to get to Shaper: more times was Volls Devotion faster, but for example Rigwald was killed always faster with Choir of the Storm (most probably due RNG).

Maps
If comparing damage in maps than Volls Devotion is overall better choice, because base damage is usually higher due more Power and Endurance Charges - its obvious in fights vs blue or yellow mobs; with Choir have to use Cyclone slightly more often. When talking about lvl 16 bosses, sometimes is faster Volls Devotion, sometimes Choir of the Storm, but most of time fight takes same time to kill. There is from my side no recommendation - Choir of the Storm due damage constant leech feels smoother, Volls more times makes higher damage, but its not constant and that brings "adrenaline and surprise" in fight. There is more + for Volls anyway.

Movement/Cyclone speed is better with Choir of the Storm.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Progress aka how I get into that build, what was tested, where started
- Progress to get into Final Build: I have tested following armors (colors), items and gems:
Spoiler

- Build where I started:
Spoiler

When leveling or heading to Uber I am using:

Increased Area of Effect Support is linked to Shield Charge.

I am using 2x Blade Vortex to gain and sustain max Power Charges and using as much Accuracy Rating attributes + mana regeneration on gear as possile = 93% chance to hit.

That build was farming Shaper and Uber with cca 330% Crit Multi. After BV nerf it was not possible any more.

- Choir of the Storm based build - I was able to kill Shaper again with following (in Spoiler), which was based on fast attack speed and dodge. Few of following jewels wasnt there and Crit Multi was if remember well around 380% (not all jewels was presented in fights like is presented below in Spoiler). It was working due stable generation of Power Charges, no need to use Vinktar in most cases and stable Life Leech. Volls Devotion was not able to win with so low Crit Multi and without movement/dodge/attack speed - nevertheless it was still build in progress, it works but its not min-maxed like Final Build above.

Spoiler

Gems can be seen on page 156.

Its with 88% chance to hit. 8.5k es without Energy from Within - its better to use jewel slot for damage jewel. Discharge has 1.7k dps on tooltip, its 68k dps with Power Charges. Firestorm has 7.5k vs 12.2k dps

Nevertheless following is imo best choice for Choir of the Storm build with red gem Increased Duration

Discharge is more expensive than in 2.5 due to jewels, to have cca 80% more crit multi Choir of the Storm build (Longer Duration build works if you lack crit multi), or 150% (Volls - 3G3B gem setup with around 500% crit multi, which is more expensive cca 40ex minimum).

In the end was happy with Final Build presented in the beginning of this post, which I recommend. Maybe you will enjoy its benefits too.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Rexeos on Mar 31, 2017, 7:40:13 AM
I've been playing this build for a little over a week now and am having fun. I wonder, where in my set up can I get more DPS? It looks like I've maxed out at ~40K discharge

hi.
I have 3 questions:
1 - why we need to help the Oak on the third difficulty, I think that the power charge will be more damage, or not?
2 - I have two rings for -8 mana cost and mana is not spent, then I don't understand why we need the jewel for +2 mana gained?
3 - why are you using Herald of ice? Cospri sword has cold damage and the El Eq will give +25% resist to cold and -50% to other elements. May not use Herald of Ice, but something else?
"
GreatEEH wrote:
hi.
I have 3 questions:
1 - why we need to help the Oak on the third difficulty, I think that the power charge will be more damage, or not?
2 - I have two rings for -8 mana cost and mana is not spent, then I don't understand why we need the jewel for +2 mana gained?
3 - why are you using Herald of ice? Cospri sword has cold damage and the El Eq will give +25% resist to cold and -50% to other elements. May not use Herald of Ice, but something else?

2. You only need the jewel if you use -7s, which I'm not really sure why anyone would since you can just do the multimod craft yourself on 8s. I'm working on making 8s right now, myself.

3. Ice shatters the entire pack in a huge chain reaction and is awesome for your clear speed. Cospris is putting cold damage on everything already, anyway. Other heralds would add non-cold to your cyclone and break EE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info