[2.6] THE NEW FAKENER | DISCHARGE | SUPER FAST STRANDS | Cospris Malice | 9k+ ES | STILL GREAT AOE

my character is so squishy i have like 4.2k energy shield with discipline
"
Daegon wrote:
Hi maddognils, props for keeping this awesome build alive through all the nerfs. Played it first back in Essence league.. most fun build I ever played. After building some funds with my league starter now in Legacy I decided against the vaal spark meta for my second char - to instead to build this one again.

Just some questions for now if you dont mind answering please :)

1. Lab enchant for gloves - what are the best / most ideal ones? And do the elemental enchants interfere with EE and are undesirable ie: roll over asap?

2. My gem setup is slightly different as I am not running either purities - I am using blasphemy and have experimented with Enfeeble, Elemental Weakness and Poacher's Mark (your recommendation). Is the most important thing about it the less evasion for enemies? Your thoughts on other curses for a blasphemy setup? Ele weakness, Assassin's Mark and Warlords mark come to mind (given I don't have WM on CWDT because blasphemy curses override CWDT curses)

3. Your thoughts on the new Wise Oak Bismuth Flask? I've managed to get my 3 resists all the exact same and am using this flask and it works pretty well - obviously when I pop Vinktars I dont get the tri benefit but I use Vinktar sparingly so the tri benefit of Wise Oak is up quite often

4. Your thoughts on the Alchemist flask nodes by Witch? I am currently lvl 90 and if I forego the Sanctity node by Templar I can go for the Alchemist cluster instead (I am a fan of them flask nodes) by lvl 93..

5. I have toyed around with using Innervate instead of Inc AOE or Conc Effect in the 3rd slot of Cospris - for pretty much permanent onslaught - you think this is inferior to the former two options?

2. For the curse, warlord's mark is the definitely the 1st choice imo. You need the leech and it generates endurance charges. If you have +1 curse, then ele weakness is a good 2nd choice. Poacher's mark reduces evasion and also generates frenzy charges but to use it, it's best linked to herald of ice + COH. This setup doesn't interfere with your other curse because they basically get cursed as they die and give you the charges. Blasphemy is not worth using after the aoe nerfs imo. The range is stupidly small. The best setup is still cwdt WM and either purities or HoI. The other thing I've seen some people do is if you have fortify in the 6L, you can replace it with WM so you do CoC WM and move fortify to the gloves with shield charge.

3. Wise Oak is an okay flask but the base is useless and extra pen generally unnecessary for mapping. But the 5th flask for this build seems to be just use whatever anyway after the aoe nerfs making dying sun not that impactful for its cost.

4. I considered the flask nodes too but I don't think you get that much out of them. The flask effectiveness doesn't affect kiaras and diamond. Still they are nice nodes if you have the points but I wouldn't go out of your way to respec into them.

5. You have onslaught from silver flask already. It should be up a good deal of the time but you can use innervate if you're lazy with flasks.

If anyone needs any solid niche trickster gear for this build on LSC hit me up (ChewyMalice). I loved every second of playing it but just can't stand the post-90 grind.
Last edited by demonguard on Mar 28, 2017, 2:29:28 AM
In the Atoll video (2.6) i always wondered, what is it that does that "frost spikes" effect? Looks cool.
"
Astrohawke wrote:
"
Daegon wrote:
Hi maddognils, props for keeping this awesome build alive through all the nerfs. Played it first back in Essence league.. most fun build I ever played. After building some funds with my league starter now in Legacy I decided against the vaal spark meta for my second char - to instead to build this one again.

Just some questions for now if you dont mind answering please :)

1. Lab enchant for gloves - what are the best / most ideal ones? And do the elemental enchants interfere with EE and are undesirable ie: roll over asap?

2. My gem setup is slightly different as I am not running either purities - I am using blasphemy and have experimented with Enfeeble, Elemental Weakness and Poacher's Mark (your recommendation). Is the most important thing about it the less evasion for enemies? Your thoughts on other curses for a blasphemy setup? Ele weakness, Assassin's Mark and Warlords mark come to mind (given I don't have WM on CWDT because blasphemy curses override CWDT curses)

3. Your thoughts on the new Wise Oak Bismuth Flask? I've managed to get my 3 resists all the exact same and am using this flask and it works pretty well - obviously when I pop Vinktars I dont get the tri benefit but I use Vinktar sparingly so the tri benefit of Wise Oak is up quite often

4. Your thoughts on the Alchemist flask nodes by Witch? I am currently lvl 90 and if I forego the Sanctity node by Templar I can go for the Alchemist cluster instead (I am a fan of them flask nodes) by lvl 93..

5. I have toyed around with using Innervate instead of Inc AOE or Conc Effect in the 3rd slot of Cospris - for pretty much permanent onslaught - you think this is inferior to the former two options?

2. For the curse, warlord's mark is the definitely the 1st choice imo. You need the leech and it generates endurance charges. If you have +1 curse, then ele weakness is a good 2nd choice. Poacher's mark reduces evasion and also generates frenzy charges but to use it, it's best linked to herald of ice + COH. This setup doesn't interfere with your other curse because they basically get cursed as they die and give you the charges. Blasphemy is not worth using after the aoe nerfs imo. The range is stupidly small. The best setup is still cwdt WM and either purities or HoI. The other thing I've seen some people do is if you have fortify in the 6L, you can replace it with WM so you do CoC WM and move fortify to the gloves with shield charge.

3. Wise Oak is an okay flask but the base is useless and extra pen generally unnecessary for mapping. But the 5th flask for this build seems to be just use whatever anyway after the aoe nerfs making dying sun not that impactful for its cost.

4. I considered the flask nodes too but I don't think you get that much out of them. The flask effectiveness doesn't affect kiaras and diamond. Still they are nice nodes if you have the points but I wouldn't go out of your way to respec into them.

5. You have onslaught from silver flask already. It should be up a good deal of the time but you can use innervate if you're lazy with flasks.

Wow thanks very much for the detailed response :) Much appreciated.
IGN : Drahmin (Legion SC League)
Timezone : GMT(+2:00) South African Standard Time
Legion Crafting Service thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2568765
Standard Crafting Thread (For Vouches) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207913/page/1
"
Essem wrote:
In the Atoll video (2.6) i always wondered, what is it that does that "frost spikes" effect? Looks cool.

It's the gloom herald MTX. It also makes the effect on your character a subtle black smoke instead of obnoxious particles around your hands.
What is the best gem setup for assassin in 2.6 without +1 additional curse.
is there a way to run 3 auras and still have enough mana for ice golem? is level 3 enlighten necessary? I only have lvl 2.
Hi today i get this item can work with the build? or i need the colour sockets in order im a new player.

Thanks!
EDIT: check page 158 for new info, comparison to Volls and new setup.

So I get inspired by "thinktwice1416" with provided link to Pathfinder Discharge Firestorm build and tweaked build a bit so now is able to farm Shaper and do all maps. Didnt tried Uber Atzir and Hall of Grandmasters yet but I guess it will work now as well.

Its with 88% chance to hit. 8.5k es without Energy from Within - its better to use jewel slot for damage jewel. Discharge has 1.7k dps on tooltip, its 68k dps with Power Charges. Firestorm has 7.5k vs 12.2k dps and works as replace for nerfed 2x Blade Vortex to sustain Power Charges.

Didnt tried that gem instead of Faster Attacks in armor, but I guess it can work too. Reason for Faster Attack is mobility. Therefore in this build are 2 quicksilver flasks which help to dodge attacks and help with attack too. Attack speed is 6.1 in this scenario.

Cospri without life leech has 100k dps but its not enough to kill Shaper and keep Vinktar on for life leech. Didnt tried to put Life Leech into armor, but from other maps I know its not reliable.

Shaper can be killed without Vinktar. But Vinktar helps when there are Vortex on the ground and I was using it only in that case and in fight with Unshaped forms. Lightning Penetration flask is better due more damage.

That jewel using for leveling and Increased Area Effect gem instead of Concentrated.

Regards more tweaks: there would be good to have Vinktar pene flask, Oak flask, penetration on belt and penetration enchant on boots. For armor instead of Empower take Longer Duration gem and instead of Attack Speed take Power Charge on Crit. PCOC for sure if go with helmet enchant More Dicharge Damage, as this enchant can work better if go with only one Discharge and no 2x. If all that would be on place, than maybe will be enough leech with: CWDT + Warlord Mark and Cospri with Discharge + Conc Effect + Controlled Destruction.

Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAQ18DdEOSA-rD8QQkhEvEVARlhXXFr8XsBhdGyUbyBzcIG4i9CM2JIso-ioLKjgrCiy_MjIy0TW5O3w8BT1fQZZFR0V8RnFJUUmxSotLrkyzUDBSKVJTUxBV4FZjV8lYWl3yX2pgQ2NDZlRsC20ZbWxuPXBSf8aCm4MJhMWFe4V9hq6J04wLjDaMdo8aj_qTJ5eVl5eX9Jo7m7Wf36EvoqOnK63xrrO0DLQ4tUi4k7jKuXy5k7xvvoC-isBmwcXDCcM6ytPP3dAf0NDQ9dfP2VvZhtte44TlGekC6rrrY-vu6_XsGOw47LDvfO-I7-vw1fGK8h35N_v1

Under line note:
I was trying that setup with 2x Discharge instead of Firestorm when I had 380% critical multiplier and it was not working for me - lack of sustain Charges (as was said - Blade Vortex is missing); I guess Choir of the Storm is better, but more testing is needed to confirm that.

Good luck and have a fun :).

Last edited by Rexeos on Mar 30, 2017, 6:14:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info