[2.5] The Shaper Deletion Build, Shaper/Uber Down, Millions of DPS (with Videos)

"
Kunaak wrote:
what kinda damage are you getting with non-legacy gear?

see, from the looks of this - this build is impossible without full legacy gear, because the nerfed gear only allows 75% conversion - so all that chaos scaling is almost wasted, since your losing a great deal of efficiency to scale 1 damage type - while your left over fire damage, 25% may as well be nothing.

I like this idea, but it seems like trying it in a new league may not quite work out as well as hoped.

I've completed Uber Atziri, and Shaper deathless with non-legacy daggers. Even at 75% conversion, you are scaling initial chaos damage and poison (a lot of stacks btw). So no, it's not impossible. It has already been done.

My advice has always been the same with any build, if there is anything questionable then test it yourself under the same circumstances. It's ok to be skeptical of others, but it is more important to be skeptical of yourself. Thus, test it and find out. You could even respec a high level character in standard league for testing (I believe every character got a free respec in 2.4.0).
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Sep 23, 2016, 2:38:47 PM
zabosnu, what do you think about Ngamahu Tiki Coral Amulet. It have 60-70% increased Fire Damage.
You will desperately need your amulett for life/res!
I would be interested if you had any troubles with certain bosses or situations (hydra, chimera).
Did you lack dmg somewhere? was survivability a problem? how is it about getting stunned? Would be nice to have some input on downsides in essence league without legacy gear.
I reskilled my lvl 93 shadow yesterday to test the build on standard. I use 2x legacy Consuming dark but no Revelation. I also have mostly lvl 21 gems.

Damage is really great, and hits very hard.

But i have huge problem with survivability and die often despite i started using fortify and zealoths oath and a good rolled Rumi flask.

Cheers
-Monkeyface

Last edited by Monkeyface on Sep 24, 2016, 9:38:22 AM
my gear (not optimized yet)

I am using Zealoth's Oath and Amulet/stone golem to get some Energy Shield Regeneration. But i still feel survivability is not great and Energy Shield is drained fast by projectile attacks/ranged mobs.

Last edited by Monkeyface on Sep 24, 2016, 9:44:43 AM
would this build w/o infernal mantle? and with tabula? or the conversion is to much from the armor to miss?
what would u exclude for a 5l ?
"
sporter26 wrote:

Drop void manipulation for a 5l.
"
Ghoser wrote:
I would be interested if you had any troubles with certain bosses or situations (hydra, chimera).
Did you lack dmg somewhere? was survivability a problem? how is it about getting stunned? Would be nice to have some input on downsides in essence league without legacy gear.

You do not need legacy gear (as stated in the first post). 75% chaos conversion is enough to do all content. The only fight(s) that will take a bit longer are with the guardians that are poison immune. All that means is that the fight lasts a bit longer, throw traps out, use whirling blades, adapt to the situation...etc.

There are a lot of factors that go into a build. One major factor that a lot of people don't "factor" in would be how the player plays the build. You can have a scenario where a player has an amazing build, but yet dies a lot because they don't play it correctly due to reasons (i.e. Boss mechanics, map mechanics...etc). As I always say, it's not the sword that makes warrior, but the warrior that makes the sword.

With that said, one downside would be that you can get stunned if you aren't careful. Like with any problem, you can find a solution. If you get stunned, then use something that makes you immune to stun (i.e. Kiara's Determination Flask). I like solving problems, but I would like to encourage others to do so as well. Any time you modify a build, this includes any change (i.e. nodes, gear, gems), you will have to make sure it synergies with the build as a whole. This is one of the main reasons why good players take multiple types of flasks with them (in their inventory) so they can swap them out as needed based on their circumstance.

"
Monkeyface wrote:
my gear (not optimized yet)

I am using Zealoth's Oath and Amulet/stone golem to get some Energy Shield Regeneration. But i still feel survivability is not great and Energy Shield is drained fast by projectile attacks/ranged mobs.

If you are having issues with projectiles/ranged mobs then one solution would be to setup a CWDT with Frost Wall (level 1 is enough) and pop in an increased duration gem and you should be set.

"
lambrioza wrote:
would this build w/o infernal mantle? and with tabula? or the conversion is to much from the armor to miss?

I would highly recommend Infernal Mantle, otherwise go low life with Shavronne's (you will need to modify the tree a bit in this case). We want to convert as much fire damage to chaos.

"
garewin wrote:
"
sporter26 wrote:

Drop void manipulation for a 5l.

No. We want to keep Void Manipulation (you can even use trap and mine damage), it increases both the initial chaos damage and poison damage. While elemental focus only increases the initial chaos damage (after conversion), this why we drop elemental focus.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Sep 25, 2016, 12:08:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info