[2.5] The Shaper Deletion Build, Shaper/Uber Down, Millions of DPS (with Videos)

My build is Essence Drain and based on xp. It is 88 lvl. I have a shavronne but it`s 5L, so I do not use it now. I play with 6L rare armor evasion. Maybe it would be better to go to 5L shavronne and low xp. I don`t know... I like how the build works on mobs, but often there are problems with boss on t12+ because damage is low (7400). For example, I could kill the double boss on t14 but I died 5 times. I want to kill the boss quickly so I think to transform my build for trapper. This build better then Essence drain? Can you make a comparison? Did you kill Atziri fast as before? Will be better to transform my build in trapper or save budget for 6L shavronne and essence drain?
P.S. Sorry for my English))
why did you drop magma orb? it seemed pretty legit
Hi, first of all, thank you so much for this build! i played a chaos-ice-trapper 2 seasons ago and was looking for something that is similarly strong! gj!

In your skilltree you take both skill effect duration wheels, and I was wondering if they are really that strong.
I came up with this tree instead:

which gives more ES (even more with energy from within jewel under the melding wheel), more trap dmg (70%) and even more through charges and the 2 additional traps.

So I could imagine with this, dmg and poison is applied faster but ends sooner. While with your tree the firestorm and pioson ticks longer.

Sadly, I do not have the level and gear to test it, but maybe you already know which is more efficient?

cheers,

Ghoser
make your character public so we can see gear
"
jinhaoxuan wrote:
now my question is when will i switch to firestorm/firestorm trap ? is it when i can equip consuming dark? because i struggle a lot with single dps so leveling wont be that fast. how did you level your character? thanks for replying man :)

When I level new characters I use essence drain and contagion. This is my go to staple leveling build. As you level, obviously you want to get a 6-link essence drain since you have a tabula rasa. Since you are using Essence Drain, focus on getting all the chaos damage nodes to further boost your damage. I would get to at least level 72 or so before switching over to CI and start using traps/firestorm.

"
Lime_1 wrote:
My build is Essence Drain and based on xp. It is 88 lvl. I have a shavronne but it`s 5L, so I do not use it now. I play with 6L rare armor evasion. Maybe it would be better to go to 5L shavronne and low xp. I don`t know... I like how the build works on mobs, but often there are problems with boss on t12+ because damage is low (7400). For example, I could kill the double boss on t14 but I died 5 times. I want to kill the boss quickly so I think to transform my build for trapper. This build better then Essence drain? Can you make a comparison? Did you kill Atziri fast as before? Will be better to transform my build in trapper or save budget for 6L shavronne and essence drain?
P.S. Sorry for my English))

In terms of damage, yes, this build does a lot more damage than essence drain. It is end-game viable (T16+, Uber Atziri, Shaper...etc).

"
OneOfDaZZZ wrote:
why did you drop magma orb? it seemed pretty legit

Previously I've only really used Magma Orb for stationary bosses. However, the end-game boss mechanics have changed a bit (in 2.4.0) when compared to 2.3.0. This time around the bosses move around a lot and it would be really hard to hit them with Magma Orb. This is why FireStorm is a much better option. It has huge AoE (for groups) it also lasts a long time allowing you to stack them non-stop.

"
Ghoser wrote:
Hi, first of all, thank you so much for this build! i played a chaos-ice-trapper 2 seasons ago and was looking for something that is similarly strong! gj!

In your skilltree you take both skill effect duration wheels, and I was wondering if they are really that strong.
I came up with this tree instead:

which gives more ES (even more with energy from within jewel under the melding wheel), more trap dmg (70%) and even more through charges and the 2 additional traps.

So I could imagine with this, dmg and poison is applied faster but ends sooner. While with your tree the firestorm and pioson ticks longer.

Sadly, I do not have the level and gear to test it, but maybe you already know which is more efficient?

cheers,

Ghoser

Having the skill effect duration on the tree is extremely important. That's 100% increased skill effect duration of both the Firestorm and Poison damage. This means that the firestorm lasts longer and does more damage over time, same with poison. The one key factor that people need to understand is the mechanic of the traps. You get 3 stored traps (you can throw out 4 at a time with this current setup). Once you throw the traps there is a cool-down before you can throw them again. If you don't have skill effect duration on the tree, your firestorms (and poison) will be extremely short and you will be sitting there waiting doing 0 damage. However, with the 100% skill effect duration you will do a lot more damage (especially in longer boss fights). It does more damage in the end. Also the tree you posted only has 3 jewels, compared to 4 on mine (one of the jewel sockets could be used for Energy from within in both trees).

The previous trapper build that I've done did have Master Sapper, and it was very limiting in my experience. Maybe one day they will increase the level cap to 110 and then i would definitely get Master Sapper. Ha.

"
GGZII wrote:
make your character public so we can see gear

All the gear used in this build is linked in the guide (including all the links).
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Sep 23, 2016, 12:58:34 PM
Good old poison FS trapper is back! What about abyssal cry for nice chaos explosions? And sounds?
You have about 8,000 sheet in the video. It is not so much. But it will be very difficult to get gloves and boots with so many sheet like yours and with the right resists. This is problem. So I think our shield will be considerably less than 8000 and a bad survival.
"
Wilmots wrote:
Good old poison FS trapper is back! What about abyssal cry for nice chaos explosions? And sounds?

Would be fun. I think we could squeeze it in for mapping. I'm glad there is someone else out there who shares my enjoyment of bodies exploding into a fine mist.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Abyssal/IncAOE/VoidMan/LifeLeech gives nice regen! And is fun!
what kinda damage are you getting with non-legacy gear?

see, from the looks of this - this build is impossible without full legacy gear, because the nerfed gear only allows 75% conversion - so all that chaos scaling is almost wasted, since your losing a great deal of efficiency to scale 1 damage type - while your left over fire damage, 25% may as well be nothing.

I like this idea, but it seems like trying it in a new league may not quite work out as well as hoped.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info