[2.5] The Shaper Deletion Build, Shaper/Uber Down, Millions of DPS (with Videos)

"
"
"
Hey guys, would it be better to use 2 consuming darks or 1 consuming dark with a SAI or something in offhand crafted with essence of delerium, for the 1000 chaos dmg per second? seems like that could be more damage, no? Loving the build btw, here's what I've been testing it with so far.

No, an item with Essence of Delerium will not do more damage. To maximize your damage you will need to convert as much fire damage as possible into chaos, for this you will need to have two consuming dark daggers.

Ok thanks again Zabosnu, appreciate the insights. If you have any other item upgrades or anything let me know what I should focus on next! Here's what im using now

Passive Tree currently (heading to chaos dmg nodes in witch area)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAAPuBbUGcA18DkgPqxEvEVARlhPfFdcWvxslHNwdviLqIvQkiyj6Kwospiy_M4c1uTeDPV9CLEcGSRNLrk6fUlNWSFZjV8lcQFyKXfJfsGJPZKpnTmo2aoxsCGwLbRlvd3BRdZ52b3aCen9-sH_GgseExYauh8uJ4I8aj0aP-pMfkyeX9JuGm6GbtaB5oS-i2abrpwinK6ebsNi0DLTRtUi3dbiTvorBxcM6yAzIFMkGykrK088V0NDVLta-2CTYVNlb2-fmWOjV6NbpAuq662Pr7uwY7hXxivVv_Uo=

In my opinion, i would replace the amulet with an ES/Damage amulet. One of your rings doesn't have any ES %. It is really important to get as much ES as possible on your gear. Also, you have the wrong version of the Doryani's belt. Get the one that has increased fire damage.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Thanks for the reply Zabosnu, appreciate it! Really cool build, first time I've ever played a trapper (previously done warchief totems, flameblast totem, this and BV) and must say it's extremely fun.
"
Thanks for the reply Zabosnu, appreciate it! Really cool build, first time I've ever played a trapper (previously done warchief totems, flameblast totem, this and BV) and must say it's extremely fun.

No problem! I try to make a variety of builds so that there is something for everyone. :D
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Hello - thank you for the great guide.
Would you recommend this for a new league/naked character?
Planning to try it on the new league.
"
Hello - thank you for the great guide.
Would you recommend this for a new league/naked character?
Planning to try it on the new league.

I'm playing this build currently, and although you can definitely work towards this with other trap skills early on, the build relies very heavily on the double consuming dark daggers and the infernal mantle to convert all your damage to chaos/poison. Without them you're just a regular trapper, which is totally fine just don't expect to be wrecking bosses until you have these three items (at the very least)
Would this work with the assassin ascendency and sunblast belt (to trigger all traps). I feel getting power charges and crit with the more poison damage would be crazy.
"
EclipseTech wrote:
Would this work with the assassin ascendency and sunblast belt (to trigger all traps). I feel getting power charges and crit with the more poison damage would be crazy.

It would not work properly with the current build because we have increased skill duration on the tree. Which would cause the traps to lay there for some time (even with the sunblast belt).
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
"
"
EclipseTech wrote:

It would not work properly with the current build because we have increased skill duration on the tree. Which would cause the traps to lay there for some time (even with the sunblast belt).

Would assassin work at all? Or not enough trap cooldown / trap triggering?
"
EclipseTech wrote:
"
"
EclipseTech wrote:

Would assassin work at all? Or not enough trap cooldown / trap triggering?

You would have to invest heavily into critical nodes to make assassin work. However, we don't have enough points to do that. If you did go critical based, then you would have to lose a lot of the damage nodes (that we need). It's much better to simply go with the current setup.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
So with the new league coming, will this still be viable since you cant get 100% conversion with the 2 daggers and chest? in total its what, 85%? im sure it will still shit on stuff, just curious is all.
I will probably do this build when breach comes out, i did this same build a few leagues ago when consuming dark first came out and it did a shitload of damage, im just curious if its still gonna poop on stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info