By far the worse community.

Worst community? I don't think so.
I just think the game isn't doing a good job at at encouraging people to socialize.
I can't even find a guild for example as there is no good way to look for one except for the forums.
Stay way from global 1, unless you want memes.
Try the discord server. There's tons of comprehensive theorycrafting and whatnot going on there.
The internet is a bad community. Not the game. It's easy to be a troll or just not care at all when people sit behind computer screens. People wouldn't do these things if they were face to face with you.

You'll find nice people here and there, but it's full of people who just don't care.
"
e1337donkey wrote:
It's easy to be a troll or just not care at all when people sit behind computer screens. People wouldn't do these things if they were face to face with you.

A thousand times this.
Last edited by Ravenders on Oct 2, 2016, 6:30:01 PM
I like turtles!
No rest for the wicked.
This thread is sure going places. :-D Wonder if OP is proud of its course.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
If all around you are being assholes then maybe, just maybe, the problem is you.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
MFairfax wrote:
"
FixLabPLSGGG wrote:
Game does have alot of elitist trolls in global that will do their best to trick you into wrecking your gear.

Alas so true. The first time I asked a question in global chat I was told it could be fixed by cntrl alt F4!

Lol - Welcome to the Club.

Free-to-play games always attract certain types of nasty players that will think it's ok to be snarky and think it's funny to provide false/wrong information to less knowledgeable and new players just to make them screw up their build. These players are most definitely juvenile in their thinking and are also probably juvenile in age. If PoE had a $15.00 USD cost to play most of these players wouldn't be here and we'd all be better for it.

It has nothing to do with game being free to play. It is ok to be snarky and do what ever the hell you want. If you are stupid to take some random people for word then you deserve to get laughed at especially when there is so many ways check that information. This game is carebear
fantasy land and people are awesome so only thing that can fuck me up is my self.Where you put your trust is ultimately your responsibility and can't be blamed on others for playing in their own way.

On topic of 15USD, if Poe had cost like that then people would just circle jerk around until servers died out. Like this there is steady stream of people and income and we are all better for that.
This whole "stupid people have themselves to thank" is pretty stupid. Being naive, stupid and/or a noob, doesn't justify others acting like jerks. Yes, the "situation" could (and maybe should) have been avoided if the person in question hadn't been naive, but again - that doesn't justify others being jerks. Just act like polite human beings, and stop blaming everything on the people NOT acting like jerks. And no, NOT acting like a jerk is not "carebear" mentality.

OT: Generalizing is not the way to go.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Oct 3, 2016, 5:35:24 AM
It is not stupid this is not reality and people will abuse for fun even if that is not in their nature. My point is not to get all butthurt when you made mistake your self take it out on your self not others. Take something from that experience laugh it off it is a freaking game. Me saying some dumb shit in some random chat hardly makes me a jerk.

It is perfectly fine to be jerk if you want to it is their prerogative. I'm not justifying
it is what it is and that is their way of having fun and they should have it. At least
in this game they can't do anything to you so it is very carebear friendly.
@MadCat04 Stealing is ok, because you were too stupid to go into district in which a lot of people steal. Therefore, stealing is fine, because it is robbed people's fault for being robbed.

Yes, defend yourself and don't trust people who are jerks. That is correct, and people should not trust strangers too easily.
But jerks are still jerks. The fact they can find people to exploit doesn't somehow make them good guys.
You're still bunch of jerks. You're just trying to excuse yourself.
Your existence is the only reason people need to be careful when dealing with strangers.

"
MadCat04 wrote:
Me saying some dumb shit in some random chat hardly makes me a jerk.

So what fucking does? :D This is EXACTLY what makes you a jerk. You just feel cognitive dissonance, and because of that you chose to excuse yourself, instead of admitting that you've done dumb shit.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Oct 3, 2016, 6:37:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info