Chris mentioned new content that fixes a arpg problem

It's either making the whole game Untainted so you don't have to worry about picking up loot and you get to endgame faster, or
As somebody touched on, expanding the atlas. Instead of having a clear path from standing up on the beach and proceeding through linear questlines through the end of the difficulty repeated 3 times, it'll be more like those choose your own adventure books. Pick a path and progress through the game. Where there is a tee in the road, choose which direction you want to go.

Just something I might try if I was designing a game.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
It's completing four Acts three seperate times.

The solution to this is negative tier maps which start dropping in twilight strand normal. The lowest is -16 tier. Negative tier maps are completely random with the appropriate monster level. Players are now provided with a map device after defeating normal hillock.
Extra skill point quests are provided randomly throughout maps at roughly the same point in time as before.

Voila. You now have "adventure mode" ala D3.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Last edited by Moridin79 on Sep 21, 2016, 2:08:40 PM
oooh
you know what maybe its this:

you want to play with friends, but your friend is lvl 80 and you are lvl 40
guess what? CANT PLAY WITH YOUR FRIEND

maybe they address that??
that is a common problem among all arpgs right?

wouldnt the solution to that simply be .. no matter the level of monsters, you scale the xp reward to the player's reward? could even scale the monster difficulty to player level...
suppose itd work better in like an alternate areas system (like maps) that are made for like xp farming or something?
that might seem "wacky" but it works...

i REALLLY!! hope its alternate activities though cause iam getting kinda burnt out of this game, But the fact that i have so many items and currency and stuff makes me want to keep playing, but
i wanna like play a different game inside this game..

i think it will be, they know thats what they should be making, think they know longtime players are getting a bit bored.. well yeah they make leagues all the time thats pretty cool

they made the lab, cool idea, maybe not best implementation, but whatever i guess uber lab is cool, you actually get XP for it lol

prophecies is some kind of alternate activity, but most are highly non-optimal to even care about, but its an extra diversion thing, thats cool

and atlas of worlds, try to spice up the endgame maps

now we need like base defense .. or something?.. something else like lab thats substantial
Last edited by CaoMengde on Sep 21, 2016, 2:17:56 PM
"
Moridin79 wrote:
It's completing four Acts three seperate times.

The solution to this is negative tier maps which start dropping in twilight strand normal. The lowest is -16 tier. Negative tier maps are completely random with the appropriate monster level. Players are now provided with a map device after defeating normal hillock.
Extra skill point quests are provided randomly throughout maps at roughly the same point in time as before.

Voila. You now have "adventure mode" ala D3.

I want this.
The problem common to all ARPGs is that the majority of players don't pay much attention to lore and skip through all the dialog. At the end of each act, players will be presented with a multiple-choice quiz on the lore of the act and will not be allowed to progress until they answer all the questions correctly.
http://www.twitch.tv/exhortatory
"
exhortatory wrote:
The problem common to all ARPGs is that the majority of players don't pay much attention to lore and skip through all the dialog. At the end of each act, players will be presented with a multiple-choice quiz on the lore of the act and will not be allowed to progress until they answer all the questions correctly.

On a (sort of) related random note, I find I must always click on "Malachai's Dedication" while passing it in the harvest. That little speech gives me goosebumps it's so good.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
exhortatory wrote:

There would be guide with all answers on Forum anyway, so no point in that.
What if it's user created content?
I mean "Mario Maker" style user content.

I wouldn't mind creating my own map for people to play!
Last edited by Scherge on Sep 21, 2016, 3:50:58 PM
That would be cool. If players could make maps and only best ones would be added to the game, in next patch we would have like 100 new maps...
Last edited by Aynix on Sep 21, 2016, 3:52:54 PM
I can't think of anything aside from them doing what Diablo III did, and allow you to "Map" (instead of progressing) while leveling, to spice it up.. :S
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info