[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

"
llamaegg wrote:
So I finally got my first jewel slot, what are the opinions on Volley Fire? I still don't have much for jewels, and it sounds like it would be pretty dope for boss smashing, but last time I used it was for leveling with Roth's Reach, I just don't know if it holds up against other quest reward jewels.

or

The extra volley fire projectiles don't shotgun along with the barrage projectiles so they do absolutely nothing for single target damage, I suppose you could use it for a little bit better aoe clear, using barrage only as your single target DPS and aoe clear, but imo its not worth it, a rare jewel will outclass this easily and the AOE clear isn't that great on barrage, even with this jewel

"
gotQneedA wrote:
Hello.
I'm currently missing the following, and I am wondering what I should buy first:

Dying sun
+1 drillneck
6L QOF and 6L Opus
Enchants on devoto's and snakebite

I have around 500c worth of currency to spend.
I must be underestimating Dying Sun, because 400c seems like a bit too much when I could get a 6L for that amount.

Get your 6Ls first.
I make build guides for fun.

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/c/cent664
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/cent664
How about atziri flask and sin's rebirth for this build?
Guys what flask setup would you use agains shaper when using chin sol + TS?? dying sun is a must, taste of hate seems good for not getting one shotted+a bit dmg, lucky crit cause chin sol dont have opus like crit chance, hp pot, and atziri flask/sin's rebirth?? Should I use rat's nest with chin sol?
Last edited by fifus92 on May 6, 2017, 8:31:13 AM
"
rafamaster wrote:
Hello, how do you sustain the mana for this build? Quite new to the game so sorry for the newbie question.

Have the same question tbh. Following the guide, at level 76 right now with all of the same gear (cheap versions). Not using a mana flask and I am constantly out of mana following the skill tree the way it is set up.
"
rafamaster wrote:

Hello, how do you sustain the mana for this build? Quite new to the game so sorry for the newbie question.

"
infamousantho wrote:

Have the same question tbh. Following the guide, at level 76 right now with all of the same gear (cheap versions). Not using a mana flask and I am constantly out of mana following the skill tree the way it is set up.

The "Life and Mana Leech" node under the duelist area is a good investment.

In the beginning I used this and somehow it helped me.
Spoiler

Hey guys a lvl 90 Assassin here.
So far going smooth with the build but have problem with The Cursed King

I pretty much follow the build strictly.

Currently at 5.8k life. I get all the items stated except a 6L Death Opus for LA.
I have no problem melting a T14 corrupted boss and full flask effects. But for The Cursed King (T15 boss), I don't seem to do damage at all to him, and I die rather quickly with one or two misstep.

In the corrupted version this boss do way too many damage for me to sustain, while I lack efficient damage on him to make the fight short.

I have 6L Barrage, some of those gems are 20/20 already. Flask I have used the Witchfire Brew, Atziri's Promise and the unique Sulphur Flask. I have both ring with % increase chaos, +1 drillneck and full ascendancy points.

I know it said the King resist chaos, but my damage was too underwhelming I used 10 doors still cannot beat him.

Please tell me if there's anything wrong with my build / strategies?

I will provide more info if needed. Thanks guys!
"
cyruszin wrote:
Hey guys a lvl 90 Assassin here.
So far going smooth with the build but have problem with The Cursed King

I pretty much follow the build strictly.

Currently at 5.8k life. I get all the items stated except a 6L Death Opus for LA.
I have no problem melting a T14 corrupted boss and full flask effects. But for The Cursed King (T15 boss), I don't seem to do damage at all to him, and I die rather quickly with one or two misstep.

In the corrupted version this boss do way too many damage for me to sustain, while I lack efficient damage on him to make the fight short.

I have 6L Barrage, some of those gems are 20/20 already. Flask I have used the Witchfire Brew, Atziri's Promise and the unique Sulphur Flask. I have both ring with % increase chaos, +1 drillneck and full ascendancy points.

I know it said the King resist chaos, but my damage was too underwhelming I used 10 doors still cannot beat him.

Please tell me if there's anything wrong with my build / strategies?

I will provide more info if needed. Thanks guys!

he is invulnerable in some phases. For me best strat.:
-choose circle with rats if possible
-wait until stream attack, hide behind some trees or stones
-after it is finished burst attack, until it's in wolf mode
-decoy totem the hell out of it, mirror arrow if needed

If you are lucky in 2-4 cycles you are done.
Last edited by AnarAran on May 8, 2017, 3:31:33 PM
Is Death Opus the way to go with this build now?
Hi. Can you make a video for 2.6? I think, many guys want see this build in 2.6.
"
KaizerKrux wrote:
"
rafamaster wrote:

"
infamousantho wrote:

The "Life and Mana Leech" node under the duelist area is a good investment.

In the beginning I used this and somehow it helped me.
Spoiler

Just checking in after switching to the life and mana leech node you suggested (got rid of Primal Spirit and its accompanying Mana skill point).

MUCH better now!
Even just getting the one Life and Mana Leech node at the bottom (there are more mana leech available to its left) is more than enough to keep my mana fully sustained, of course as long as I am hitting mobs.

Just make sure you will have enough Int for your gems if you are speccing out of Primal Spirit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info