[outdated] King of the Forest (Crit version)

"
hekkktorr wrote:
hey there,

can you have a look at my char and give me some tiups what to improve next ?

Spoiler

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAQBeAdwDHgUtBbUHmQguDPINjRCSES8UIBa_GY4fQSF2I9Mj9iaVKgsqWysKLlMwfDH6MjI2PTnUQzFHfkp9TI5M_02STipRR1LsVUtVhVb6WfBbr13yXz9h4mKsZU1qjGyMcFJxsHTtdct293fjeWh9dX8rgl6EooTZhs6HdonTjDaNfY1-jb-PYJAKnaqgn6LZpcuooqluqviw2LTFtUi9Nr6nwBrBBMEzwdjC7MgUyPDNmNNv037UI9rB45_qYutj7YPuDu8O73r1b_zF_ro=

thanks in advance

remove LMP from your Lightning arrow and replace it with slower projectiles. do you like it better?

next step will be to get devoto, and new rares to still cap resist. then get a 6L. then get a +1arrow quiver.

"
Asag wrote:
I have two questions:

1. Is there a gem worth trying to corrupt for lvl 21 except chaos damage?

2. Why your LA does not have quality?

1. no (except for grace maybe)

2. quality on LA is shock chance. I dont need that. getting a crit will shock anyways.

"
Thaya wrote:

What else would you look for on an amulet other than life, crit multi and accuracy?

Adding a phys damage mod or a resist makes the prices shoot into 1ex+ range. Speaking of added phys damage, what do you think is better - say, 300 accuracy or the highest tier phys damage mod (it's 11-15 to 22-26, for reference, the chaos craft is 8-11 to 18-23, so they are sorta equal)? I feel like accuracy is pretty damn good considering we're crit capped, as well as it seems to be cheaper to get on the market

Or is it just a matter of numbers on the linked amulet specifically? :>

life, evasion, flat added physical are useful prefixes on the amulet. should have one oopen though for crafting added chaos. the added physical is almost as good as the crafted chaos though (on a max roll)

multi, int, resist, accuracy, %chaos damage are useful suffixes. acuracy is indeed very good and you should get at least 300 somewhere on your gear, more is better.

a good base is either lapis or agate or turquoise amulet, because those give int, which this build needs the most.

your amulet has 3 useful stats, two of them only medium-rolls. plus it is a "bad" base, i.e. gives no int. i am sure you can find a better one than this. the higher the life roll, the more expensive it is in my experience. it takes a while to find a good deal, but you should get a better one bbefore you craft something for 13c, because i dont think taht amulet is worth more than a few c.
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by cmphx on Dec 11, 2016, 8:21:15 AM
When running a Death's Opus instead of Reach, do you think its worth using a Increased Critical Damage gem instead of a Increased Critical Strikes gem? Opus can get a higher crit chance with its implicit.
Pls give me some advice about Jewels stat priority.

I'm going with:
1. % life
2. % res
3. % critical strike multiplier
4. some type of dmg

My current gears after 4 days switch from Blade Flurry - Shadow Assassin to King of the Forest.

"
cmphx wrote:
"
Thaya wrote:

What else would you look for on an amulet other than life, crit multi and accuracy?

Adding a phys damage mod or a resist makes the prices shoot into 1ex+ range. Speaking of added phys damage, what do you think is better - say, 300 accuracy or the highest tier phys damage mod (it's 11-15 to 22-26, for reference, the chaos craft is 8-11 to 18-23, so they are sorta equal)? I feel like accuracy is pretty damn good considering we're crit capped, as well as it seems to be cheaper to get on the market

Or is it just a matter of numbers on the linked amulet specifically? :>

life, evasion, flat added physical are useful prefixes on the amulet. should have one oopen though for crafting added chaos. the added physical is almost as good as the crafted chaos though (on a max roll)

multi, int, resist, accuracy, %chaos damage are useful suffixes. acuracy is indeed very good and you should get at least 300 somewhere on your gear, more is better.

a good base is either lapis or agate or turquoise amulet, because those give int, which this build needs the most.

your amulet has 3 useful stats, two of them only medium-rolls. plus it is a "bad" base, i.e. gives no int. i am sure you can find a better one than this. the higher the life roll, the more expensive it is in my experience. it takes a while to find a good deal, but you should get a better one bbefore you craft something for 13c, because i dont think taht amulet is worth more than a few c.
Ah, I see

I got my int from jewels - people don't value those mods on jewels so it added nothing to the price of cheapo 2-good-stat ones. But I'll need to replace jewels anyway when I get Devoto's, as I'll need resists on them for sure to cap (and weakness cap hopefully). I guess I'll just look for a new amulet when I do that gear swap.

Thanks
Last edited by M4RED on Dec 11, 2016, 11:16:07 AM
Hey everyone,

First character this league having so much fun! Just looking for some input/guidance where I can improve my gear. I need to work on my resistances and eventually get a 5 link opus or reach but this is what I've been able to get with currency from dried lake.

Thanks for the awesome build! Bow builds <3
Last edited by Coatesy on Dec 11, 2016, 11:53:36 AM
Hey, would getting devoto then re-capping resists be my next step? Then +1 drill?
Thanks! ^_^

Hi cmphx,

your build is amazing, thank you very much!

Could you please give me feedback on my gear? I fail to kill ulab at the moment. Izaro oneshots me unfortunatley, but thats probably bad movement idk..

In regards to my jewels, should i go for all elemental resists or individual/combined resistances?

Spoiler

Last edited by Patafixx on Dec 11, 2016, 3:57:33 PM
Hi, first thanks for the build, he's realy fun and powerfull

Sorry if someone already asked before but i don't want to read all the previous comment : why don't we take Phase Acrobatics, only 4 point for a huge defense boost no ? (10%dodge attacks and 30% spell dodge)

Second question : what's the good level for CWDT and Immortal Call when i have around 3-4k life ? CWDT lvl 7 and IC lvl 9 to get it triggered at 1000 dmg ?
@OP

how did you manage to get so much currency to buy your gear that early in the league? did you only get lucky with drop farming maps or you farmed like atziri or something like that? i got most of the decent gear atm but reach seem way to much expensive.....i also cant manage to get any 5link yet....i threw lot of fusing on my opus+QOTF and no 5link yet.....im almost 86 and didnt drop a single exalte yet or anything worth much....

"
ntien93 wrote:
Pls give me some advice about Jewels stat priority.

I'm going with:
1. % life
2. % res
3. % critical strike multiplier
4. some type of dmg

My current gears after 4 days switch from Blade Flurry - Shadow Assassin to King of the Forest.
Spoiler

please remove sorrow of the divine. its the most terrible flask you could use, it removes all your life regen.

Jewel damage mods: ordered from most (++++) to least (+) useful:

++++:
projectile damage
increased damage

+++:
attackspeed with bows
crit multiplier
chaos damage

++:
damage over time
attackspeed
attack and cast speed

+:
crit chance
physical damage
physical damage with bows

"
Lurel wrote:
Hey, would getting devoto then re-capping resists be my next step? Then +1 drill?
Thanks! ^_^
Spoiler

yes, but maybe get a 6L before +1drill

"
Patafixx wrote:
Hi cmphx,

your build is amazing, thank you very much!

Could you please give me feedback on my gear? I fail to kill ulab at the moment. Izaro oneshots me unfortunatley, but thats probably bad movement idk..

In regards to my jewels, should i go for all elemental resists or individual/combined resistances?

Spoiler

get a quicksilver of adrenaline. get an instant life pot. use two life pots for uber lab if you have difficulties, and dont get hit :D get life rolls on every jewel. its quite hard to finish uber lab tbh, so dontgive up! try to do it on an easy day.

"
Janister wrote:
Hi, first thanks for the build, he's realy fun and powerfull

Sorry if someone already asked before but i don't want to read all the previous comment : why don't we take Phase Acrobatics, only 4 point for a huge defense boost no ? (10%dodge attacks and 30% spell dodge)

Second question : what's the good level for CWDT and Immortal Call when i have around 3-4k life ? CWDT lvl 7 and IC lvl 9 to get it triggered at 1000 dmg ?

1.i value 4 points of 5%life each alot higher than that dodge chance - you want to survive when you get hit. plus spells are not dangerous at least to me
2. yeah i guess that works, it doesnt matter much tbh

"
zakariusqc wrote:
@OP

how did you manage to get so much currency to buy your gear that early in the league? did you only get lucky with drop farming maps or you farmed like atziri or something like that? i got most of the decent gear atm but reach seem way to much expensive.....i also cant manage to get any 5link yet....i threw lot of fusing on my opus+QOTF and no 5link yet.....im almost 86 and didnt drop a single exalte yet or anything worth much....

i got lucky with 6Linking a volls protector and getting the voidheart prophecy early on. all the rest is just grind grind grind, sell everything, know what kind of rares you can sell, and do map after map after map. dont waste time in hideouts, be efficient, pick up good rares, sell things quickly and do some flipping on the side if you can. if you can get to high maps very early in the league, you have a big advantage and you have a lot opportunities to sell gear
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info