(2.4) Wormblaster the Third (A Herald of Ice build)

"
6apmaJleu666 wrote:
How u can use MOM, if all mana reserved Herald of ice and Frostbite?

Reduced HOI Reserved Mana helm enchant from Uber Lab.
How many jars do you run? I currently got 3 writhing jars and 1 doedre's and one quicksilver flask. Using all 3 jars at once then doedre's, or is that wrong? I often find that it takes about 10 seconds for my worms to start exploding. Any reason for only having level 1 BV?
Last edited by Jax_ on Oct 23, 2016, 4:56:22 PM
"
6apmaJleu666 wrote:
How u can use MOM, if all mana reserved Herald of ice and Frostbite?

If you use MOM - frostbite needs to be taken off blasphemy and put in one of your CWDT setups. I have about 450 mana left for MOM doing it this way.
Great build! I'm having a blast with this build literally. Level 85 7.2k HP, HoI sitting at 8.5k buffed, out here just running through everything including traps in lab and tanking every single bosses. Haven't done Shaper or Uber Atziri yet though.
Is going MoM actually worth it? All you care about is things that can one-shot you. Anything else you will be instantly back to full HP and Mana, so effectively (with reduced reservation enchant and dropping blasphemy) you have like 800 unreserved mana which is the entire extra EHP against really big hits. When you are already at 10k hp, 800 additional EHP doesn't seem that much. Also this is at the cost of forgoing 40% HoI damage enchant and a passive point. What do you think?
In-game: leonid
All Challenges Done! (Ana/Ons) 9/9/2013
All Challenges Done! (Dom/Nem) 1/30/2014
All Challenges Done! (Tor/Bld) 3/10/2015
All Achievements Done! 9/28/2016
Last edited by sunleonid on Oct 24, 2016, 4:58:09 PM
Loving this build so far minus the disconnects and carpal tunnel. Decent damage and nothing kills me but one shots and bearers. It is however by far the most pricey builds I've ever done (55ish exalts sunk in and still not done). I opted to go dual curse via the tree (finding a +1 amulet with life + resist capping has been futile so far). Currently debating whether I should run MOM and move my curses over to a lv 20 CWDT (lose 11% curse effectiveness on Frostbite).

Last edited by Megatyrant on Oct 25, 2016, 10:57:44 AM
Currently running this build and man is it awesome. Did Minotaur guardian last night and it was easy as could be.

I also threw in my own mix for running T15 maps, I put on Carcass Jack chest and use CWDT > Discharge > Added Cold Damage > Increased Area of Effect > Cold Penetration. I thought my screen exploded before, it really explodes now.

I also added in my gloves Molten Shell instead of increased duration. So now I have permanent immortal call / Molten Shell.
Last edited by Jax_ on Oct 25, 2016, 12:42:39 PM
"
Megatyrant wrote:

Just wow.

My piece of...

Interesting use of empower. Do you find the AOE is enough without AOE gem? Will have to try that tonight.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Oct 26, 2016, 10:53:04 AM
"
qwertz wrote:
Interesting use of empower. Do you find the AOE is enough without AOE gem? Will have to try that tonight.

The AOE is enough for general map clear and bosses from what I can tell (empower was used because I didn't want to try to roll 4 off color sockets), the build has enough DPS with all the -res and cold pen that trash mobs die almost instantly when I run by. Bosses take a bit longer (I've run up to T15 without issue, was going to try a Minotaur map but my internet crapped out). IIRC the last boss I killed was the Vault boss which lasted maybe 3-5 seconds.
Last edited by Megatyrant on Oct 26, 2016, 12:26:11 PM
"
Megatyrant wrote:
"
qwertz wrote:

The AOE is enough for general map clear and bosses from what I can tell (empower was used because I didn't want to try to roll 4 off color sockets), the build has enough DPS with all the -res and cold pen that trash mobs die almost instantly when I run by. Bosses take a bit longer (I've run up to T15 without issue, was going to try a Minotaur map but my internet crapped out). IIRC the last boss I killed was the Vault boss which lasted maybe 3-5 seconds.

So I just did a quick test runs on hydra with 45% extra life (recoloured my helmet at ~50% life).
DPS with AOE gem was 9.4k, with empower (level 4) 12.1k.
I used the very scientific method of "measuring tape (on her life pool) and stopwatch" and a great sample size of 1*.

On each method it would take 14-15s to take down 10% life. (And also found out that she spawns out of the area every time you take 10% off her life),

I assume AOE gem gives similar DPS due to overlapping explosions. So using empower 4 instead of AOE sseems a pretty good idea to save some chromatics and can also help those MoM builds as you save some mana! Think I'll stick with AOE though, map clear seemed faster ;)

I tried keeping the potion spam fairly the same, but obviously huge room for error. But honestly, overall DPS seemed very similar!
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Oct 26, 2016, 1:44:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info