[3.0][SC/HC-viable][T15+] Tukohama's Ascendant [Chieftain] Sire of Shards Fireball Totems

"
damdamooh wrote:
Finally hit lvl 68 and equipped my 5L Sire of Shards, just missing Faster casting support
Went to Dried laķe merc aaaand it was underwhelming.

Faster Casting should be in your 5L instead of fire pen (only excels in mid/red-tire maps), otherwise the cast speed is way to slow. For further help it would be nice if you enable your character profile in the forums so I can see your gear/current skill setup.
@Flavourius

there i think i set my char to public (or how do i do it?)
thanks for your time!
"
damdamooh wrote:
@Flavourius

there i think i set my char to public (or how do i do it?)
thanks for your time!

First of all, you're missing a lot of dmg with orb of storms setup:
-You need ES/Armor hybrid gloves since you need a 4L with 4x blue sockets
-Link Orb of storms with inc critical strikes, curse on hit and flammability
This way you always have a solid way to curse bosses/some harder elite mobs while having a good chance to proc Elemental Overload (also the only way to proc it since you can't get EO with totems).

Because of orb of storms there is no need for molten shell, because first it doesn't deal any damage and the extra armor is really not worth the socket. you could use some other defensive methods like vortex or arctic breath(guaranteed chill effect) or even phase run for more movement + phasing.

Like I wrote earlier, either replace fire pen with faster casting or aim for a 6L with another staff, since fire pen shouldn't be an issue until you get to red tier maps.

Build wise it looks alright, although you really have to get the celestial triangle under ancestral bond (celestial punishment and celestial judgement).

I don't know about the magma orb threshold jewel since I never really tested out magma orb (because of clunkyness), but if you switch back to fire ball replace it with rolling flames, otherwise conc effect reduces the explosion radius way to hard.

If you want to play without blood magic for now (until you get yourself an essence worm for anger) I suggest replacing your mana flask, since caustic mana flasks are one of the worst flask types in general imo. Also get yourself a vaal clarity, once you get yourself used to it, you can almost clear entire maps without using a single mana flask while keeping your momentum.

If you should have further questions after fixing those minor problems just ask ahead (sorry for the late reply, had to study for my finals).
Update:
-Further explanations for Unique items, choice of Bandits and Ascendancy nodes added.
-Changes in 3.0 added

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info