[3.0][SC/HC-viable][T15+] Tukohama's Ascendant [Chieftain] Sire of Shards Fireball Totems

I was also wondering if cast speed you get from the tree and from the increased cast speed support gem apply to the casting of the spell totem and the spell totems casting of fireball.
Also when did you convert over to blood magic?
Last edited by Tubbehh on Mar 1, 2017, 6:34:25 PM
"
Tubbehh wrote:
I was also wondering if cast speed you get from the tree and from the increased cast speed support gem apply to the casting of the spell totem and the spell totems casting of fireball.

Feel free to go into blood magic whenever you want. I played until T11 onward with a mana flask and vaal clarity. At some time I managed to get a Kaom's Heart drop and that's reason enough to go into Blood Magic. Just make sure to have an Essence Worm ready in order to run Anger for free.
Spell totem support already has 30% less cast speed which will modify the speed between each casts. So any increase of cast speed (with support or passive tree) will reduce the cast time for fireball from totems. Casting the totem itself is modified from Totem placement speed, which you'll get lots of from examples like Totemic Zeal (main reason for Totemic Zeal is the duration though).

In general nothing really changed from the tree, only mental rapidity isn't needed anymore because of the 4% cast speed and 6% fire dmg node next to explosive impact (it's 1/3 of the cast speed cluster, just with additional dmg which makes it worth it), the rest of the points can be spend into the jewel slot under MoM, can be either used for an additional rolling flames or just a pure dmg jewel.
I would update the tree, but the newest version isn't on the forums yet.
Last edited by Flavourius on Mar 1, 2017, 8:00:25 PM
Update:
-Added dmg and defensive version of final tree
-Added lvl trees for lvl 20/40/60/80 (for dmg version)
-Added 2.6 changes
"
Flavourius wrote:
"
Tubbehh wrote:

Feel free to go into blood magic whenever you want. I played until T11 onward with a mana flask and vaal clarity. At some time I managed to get a Kaom's Heart drop and that's reason enough to go into Blood Magic. Just make sure to have an Essence Worm ready in order to run Anger for free.
Spell totem support already has 30% less cast speed which will modify the speed between each casts. So any increase of cast speed (with support or passive tree) will reduce the cast time for fireball from totems. Casting the totem itself is modified from Totem placement speed, which you'll get lots of from examples like Totemic Zeal (main reason for Totemic Zeal is the duration though).

In general nothing really changed from the tree, only mental rapidity isn't needed anymore because of the 4% cast speed and 6% fire dmg node next to explosive impact (it's 1/3 of the cast speed cluster, just with additional dmg which makes it worth it), the rest of the points can be spend into the jewel slot under MoM, can be either used for an additional rolling flames or just a pure dmg jewel.
I would update the tree, but the newest version isn't on the forums yet.

Awesome thanks. As for gems, is rolling flames limited to only 1? or could i stack a bunch? Also have you ever tried linking slower projectiles or lmp/gmp into your 6l? It seems like lmp or gmp would be absolutely crazy.
"
Flavourius wrote:
Update:
-Added dmg and defensive version of final tree
-Added lvl trees for lvl 20/40/60/80 (for dmg version)
-Added 2.6 changes

Your skill trees are broken. It might be showing 2.5 skill trees tho. Could you update the skill trees once 2.6 skill tree comes out on pathofexile website. Thanks.
"
Tubbehh wrote:
Your skill trees are broken. It might be showing 2.5 skill trees tho. Could you update the skill trees once 2.6 skill tree comes out on pathofexile website. Thanks.

Those are trees optimized for 2.6, since the forums don't have it yet updated I can't do much about except waiting to get them updated.

Rolling flames are limited to 2, because you could use it more than two times without much investment. On paper one rolling flames should be still enough, but two are definitely worth to trying out, because you only need 3 passive points for the jewel slot under Elemental Overload (which has more than 40 int in range).
This build doesn't go anywhere into dex at all so it's useless to stack them just for slower projectiles. Gmp/lmp aren't necessary since you have a built in gmp in Sire of shards without the dmg penalty. Using those supports would just decrease your overall dps anyway, since it'll reduce your initial dmg and your ignite dmg even twice.
My random gear so far at level 68.

build is fun to play. probably guy buy a kaom's heart sometime today and get into mapping.

edit:
Last edited by Tubbehh on Mar 5, 2017, 12:02:51 AM
Which ascendancy points did you take?
I went straight for Tukohama, then on uber for Hinekora.
You can choose which ascendancy you want to get at last, mine was Hinekora, but getting Tukohama last is also viable (I wanted to do reflect maps without being a problem).
What do you think about replacing a 6l sire of shards with a 6l pledge of hands and putting in lmp. Seems like a 6l pledge of hands would be better? have you ever tried this before? And you could probably not have to use that reserved mana ring and could run an aura normally.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info