[2.4] Full conversion AoF Ancestral Warchieftain

"
mrpetrov wrote:
Why did you focus so much on the boots - it's not like they make or break the build (10% ele pen is about 10% more damage, so nice but not build defining)? Have you got to Shaper yet? Can I buy your amulet off you?:)
Basically when i reach around lvl 92 that's when imo the build is finished because I usually dont have time to grind to higher levels so at that point i try and 'perfect' every part of my build. The boots would have been the last piece to finish.

Hey guys still fairly fresh to the game and following your guide to the T (I play HC btw). I was lucky and had a 20 % Ancestral in the stash so excited to make this.

I am using spell totem and firestorm to lvl until I get to 28. That said, your guide isn't very newbee friendly so I am not sure what gear to use while I am leveling. I have over 200c right now from a friend quitting so I can buy most of the gear but want to know what to use until I am 65-70 and can rotate to the elite items.

Let me know.

PS - thank you for the awesome guide.
"
dsata wrote:
Hey guys still fairly fresh to the game and following your guide to the T (I play HC btw). I was lucky and had a 20 % Ancestral in the stash so excited to make this.

I am using spell totem and firestorm to lvl until I get to 28. That said, your guide isn't very newbee friendly so I am not sure what gear to use while I am leveling. I have over 200c right now from a friend quitting so I can buy most of the gear but want to know what to use until I am 65-70 and can rotate to the elite items.

Let me know.

PS - thank you for the awesome guide.

Ah okay, so for levelling ideally you want a tabula rasa (for easy 6L or just use a 5L)

I would use Earthquake to level with using the unique weapons so for example at your level, use Geofri's Baptism. This should carry you for a decent amount of time, then just look for a medium damage mace/axe on xyz (unique weapons you can use are kaom's primacy, hezmana's bloodlust (i would recommend this) or you can use marohi erqi). These weapons are all around level 50 ish.
Or you can use Kongor's Undying Rage which is also ideal.

tldr: look for the unique levelling weapons particularly mace/axe
Use Earthquake - less duration - melee phys - added fire - inc aoe - fortify
You can also use your warchief right away as a supplement to your main hand dps.

Use other gem combos like auras (hatred, herald of fire) and also cwdt immortal call, inc duration

Last edited by liamwpk on Sep 23, 2016, 3:07:09 PM
I would not recommend the tree I have for HC, you'd have to prioritize the life wheel etc before damage nodes
ign - Zilead
Just a question: why would you use this build and not a regular phys version of it with disfavour? What benefits does this one have over that one? Is it more dmg? The #2 guy that was running with this had a curser alongside him all the time and I believe with that the dmg is a lot more than a phys version but I'm talking SOLO only here. Thanks for the answer.
"
buks wrote:
Just a question: why would you use this build and not a regular phys version of it with disfavour? What benefits does this one have over that one? Is it more dmg? The #2 guy that was running with this had a curser alongside him all the time and I believe with that the dmg is a lot more than a phys version but I'm talking SOLO only here. Thanks for the answer.
All right buksi

It's probably less damage than a full phys variant but this build is just a different twist on regular Warchief. You can use Disfavour with this build if you wanted to.

Converting all to fire just means your totems won't die to reflect, with phys ones you'll just have to keep recasting constantly. Also with pure phys based totem I doubt you'd play Chieftain either
ty for guid!
Last edited by RolandMalick on Sep 24, 2016, 2:23:16 PM
Anyone know if Disfavor is more DPS than Brain Rattler?

I assume being able to replace Physical to Lightning with Melee Damage @ Full Health is better than the extra 100 DPS, but not sure.

Also, anyone know if 'Ancestral Warchief Totem grants 30% increased Melee Damage while Active
' is supposed to work with this setup? My DPS didn't change when I got the enchant :|

I tried brain rattler briefly, swapped with a friend, and disfavor was a big chunk more dps. I also don't like the memes dmg on full life gem, as it's somewhat unreliable.
Shaper viable boys.

ign - Zilead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info